Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 15th November 2018, 09:25   #51
rustymotor
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Tourer

Have a day off today car is in for cambelt kit and water pump..had to drive past the said post office and noticed all the signs have vanished..wonder if CEL have been kicked out perhaps, they the PO have lost loads of customers over this.

NI states: Debt + damages claimed £236 with costs plus £75 total £323.72 then there is S69 interest.These people are serial litigants and I'm pretty sure the county court system are sick to death of them.

Anyway chaps thanks for the comments and will update as we go along
rustymotor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2018, 11:26   #52
rontug
Loves to post

rover 75 Club SE cdt 2001

[QUOTE=BigAde;2685481]My wife just came in from shopping. She parked in a local council run multi-storey that used to have a simple pay-and-display tickets and you placed the ticket in the windscreen, those have now been replaced by a system whereby you have to key-in your registration on a screen, but it's not necessary to display the ticket in your windscreen.

Well, she had problems with the first machine she tried with some digits not coming up, so she moved on to another machine. This also had problems with the screen/keyboard and it took several attempts to type in the registration. She paid, put the ticket in her purse and went off to do her shopping.

You guessed it, a parking ticket was on her windscreen on her return. She checked the ticket that was in her purse and noticed one digit wrong on the registration.

So where do we stand? Technically she entered incorrect information, however she has proof that she purchased a ticket. Has anyone had successes appealing in this sort of situation, or is it like arguing with a brick wall and not worth the hassle

I had a similar situation recently I like you sort advice from this forum.however I decided to save myself months of uncertainancy and paid up.For me it was the best option

OTE]
rontug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2018, 11:59   #53
Ennine
Posted a thing or two

Ford

About 3 years ago I was at inverness station getting family to the train. On arrival at the car park I. Discovered new machines, midst of winter, in the dark and pouring rain trying to see the buttons my grandaughter trying to help pushed the ticket button so I only had a ticket with N. A couple of weeks later i got a fine through the post. Obviously i tried to get it set aside. I was in the carpark for 12 minutes. I asked them how many N reg cars did not buy a ticket during that time. No response to that request. They always fall back on the terms and never any decent thinking. After all the letters back and forth I wrote saying I would never pay them a penny and they can take any action they wished as I had no concerns about court actions or judgements against me and that I would ignore any further letters from them or their agents. Over the next couple of months I had a couple of
letters from collection agencies which I ignored and heard no more. I still have the machine ticket and letters in the drawer. Smart Parking, up yours

How to: Replace touch screen Navall II

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Ennine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2018, 13:43   #54
rustymotor
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Tourer

[QUOTE=rontug;2686867]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAde View Post
My wife just came in from shopping. She parked in a local council run multi-storey that used to have a simple pay-and-display tickets and you placed the ticket in the windscreen, those have now been replaced by a system whereby you have to key-in your registration on a screen, but it's not necessary to display the ticket in your windscreen.

Well, she had problems with the first machine she tried with some digits not coming up, so she moved on to another machine. This also had problems with the screen/keyboard and it took several attempts to type in the registration. She paid, put the ticket in her purse and went off to do her shopping.

You guessed it, a parking ticket was on her windscreen on her return. She checked the ticket that was in her purse and noticed one digit wrong on the registration.

So where do we stand? Technically she entered incorrect information, however she has proof that she purchased a ticket. Has anyone had successes appealing in this sort of situation, or is it like arguing with a brick wall and not worth the hassle

I had a similar situation recently I like you sort advice from this forum.however I decided to save myself months of uncertainancy and paid up.For me it was the best option

OTE]

If it's a council ticket theres not much can be done just an appeal, private parking is a different beast..most councils have adopted decrimilisation so we lost the right to a trial.
rustymotor is offline   Reply With Quote