Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 23rd March 2017, 07:32   #11
Burwell Mike
Avid contributor

MG ZT-T 260

My wife has had an MG3 for 20 months and has done about 10K. She is very pleased with it and no problems whatsoever so far.

Build quality looks good with no rattles or squeeks, and very spacious and comfortable.

I drive it whenever I'm allowed as it uses considerably less petrol than the 260 and really enjoy it. (The computer is showing an average of 44mpg at the moment). Great handling and very nippy if you are prepared to work the gears.

Jane bought it from Cambridge MG who we would highly recommend. Great trade in deal and they seemed very enthusiastic about the MG marque. Used them for first service with no issues, even offered to collect and deliver the car if required.

Overall excellent value for money given all the "goodies" that come as standard.

Last edited by Burwell Mike; 23rd March 2017 at 07:57.. Reason: added mpg after checking in car
Burwell Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2017, 07:46   #12
murphyv310
This is my second home

Hyundai i10 998cc

Thanked 2,298 Times in 1,349 Posts

The only issue Emma has is paint chips on the bonnet. This is getting repaired during the Easter holidays under warranty.
Old 23rd March 2017, 08:28   #13
The Incredible 'ULK'
Loves to post

Rover 75 Saloon

Ours has been superb. Not had any trouble with it, coming up to 6500 miles, and due its first service in the next month or so, so I'll find out a bit more what the dealer support is like.

From experience, I would suggest that an Asian or European car of equivalent (though in most cases less) build quality and specification, won't come near the MG3 in terms of what you actually get for the money you pay. A top spec 3Style Lux comes in at less than £12k.

A test drive is absolutely essential, as I'd set it up to be a cheap and cheerful Chinese car, and was blown away by the extremely capable handling and involved driving experience. Being honest though, don't expect fantastic economy, while the 1.5 VTI-Tech is an enthusiastic little engine that seems refined enough at least from a running point of view, on country roads around here I'm only getting around 40mpg.
Old 23rd March 2017, 09:00   #14
murphyv310
This is my second home

Hyundai i10 998cc

According to the display Emma is getting 44mpg, that's over 4000 odd miles and 85% motorway use.
Old 23rd March 2017, 10:19   #15
willshot
Posted a thing or two

Ex-ZI190 owner. ,Ford Focus RS

My mate had one for 2 months. He really liked the way it drove, the handling was spot on. Only negatives were that he couldn't stop it it misting up other than having the air con on all the time and not enough grunt. He traded it in for a Mini JCW Countryman.
willshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2017, 10:28   #16
murphyv310
This is my second home

Hyundai i10 998cc

Quote:
Originally Posted by willshot View Post
My mate had one for 2 months. He really liked the way it drove, the handling was spot on. Only negatives were that he couldn't stop it it misting up other than having the air con on all the time and not enough grunt. He traded it in for a Mini JCW Countryman.
Hi.
Emma's was a used car when she got it at 15,000 miles now its nearly 20,000 miles and it has freed off nicely, a lot quicker than when she picked it up, so it's possible these engines take a while to "bed in".
Old 23rd March 2017, 22:04   #17
sworks
Been absent for a while…

Rover 75 Tourer, Classic mini Cooper S, Abarth 595 competizione, MG TF and a Hyundai Tucson PHEV

Thanked 1,686 Times in 1,040 Posts

Thanks for the comments, certainly worth thinking about

'Marmite' Possibly one of the most famous 75 tourers produced! left the production line as the last of only Three Rover 75 tourers produced in Trophy Yellow. 48 hours later Longbridge closed. The last sold ordered 75 Tourer. Paid for by the Phoenix Four and handed over by John Towers to the Warwickshire Northampton Air ambulance service as a Rapid Response vehicle
sworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2018, 07:11   #18
Oldmanlogan
Avid contributor

Rover 75 tourer

Yes agree with all previous comments,my wife brought a year old mg3 , very good so far, paintwork is good no chips or blemishes, yes the interior is formed of a lot of"hard" plastic but it's been well fitted no rattling or squeaks,yes engine is a bit wheezy,but we find economy around 40mpg with a lot of town driving, equipment is excellent all works very well, handling is really good, overall a good buy
Oldmanlogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2018, 07:48   #19
RogerHeinz57
I really should get out more.......

A Reasonably Priced Car

Thanked 1,064 Times in 712 Posts

I performed an MOT on one in the last week or so, and found it to be quite a good package in terms of spec. I don't spend much time on each unit due to testing time limitations, however, the build quality seemed reasonable, access to mechanical under the bonnet seemed ok, and underside looked well put together with tried and tested designs.
But, we need to remember the cars of today are unlikely to survive the test of time our 75/zt products have. I also suspect the following in 10 or so years wont show the passion as found with our old but superb cars, a shame but suspect this will be the way in the world of disposable everything.
RogerHeinz57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2018, 07:54   #20
Simondi
Regional Secretary

MGTF, MG ZS EV Exclusive

Thanked 3,563 Times in 1,857 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerHeinz57 View Post
I performed an MOT on one in the last week or so, and found it to be quite a good package in terms of spec. I don't spend much time on each unit due to testing time limitations, however, the build quality seemed reasonable, access to mechanical under the bonnet seemed ok, and underside looked well put together with tried and tested designs.
But, we need to remember the cars of today are unlikely to survive the test of time our 75/zt products have. I also suspect the following in 10 or so years wont show the passion as found with our old but superb cars, a shame but suspect this will be the way in the world of disposable everything.
Good to hear about your experience. Sadly I agree that many cars now are designed to be disposable items
Simondi is offline   Reply With Quote