Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 16th April 2019, 20:35   #17
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by macafee2 View Post
how many cars do they provide parking for?
my son in laws place has parking for 2 cars, his and my daughters.
I'm visiting, where do I park?
unusually my wife also visits our daughter but due to circumstances arrives in her car, where does she park?
A mates comes round, where does he park?

Nowadays the children also have cars.
On roads where two cars cant pass I understand why people park partly on the pavement but don't agree with blocking it so a pushchair cannot pass.

perhaps our new build houses need parking for 4 cars and the roads wide enough for 2 or even 3 cars to pass. Also garages need to be properly wide enough for a car to fit into. Seen lots of garages where you would struggle to get into and out of the car when its in the garage.

macafee2

It sounds like your daughter's house should be surrounded by a private car park for their exclusive use. Will they be paying for this luxury?

Perhaps the answer is to have local shared pay-as-you-use car parking spaces - hang on, they exist and are called public car parks.

We need to face up to reality - that there are two key problems facing us that need to be addressed.

1. People preferring to own/use cars instead of public transport irrespective of the impact on others.

2. Too many cars per household.

The only viable solution is to price out car ownership for people without private parking spaces through taxation as in countries such as Singapore.
MSS is offline   Reply With Quote