Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Events and Meets > Regional Events Forum: The Midlands
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 3rd January 2023, 15:01   #11
super chip
Avid contributor

Rover 75 x 3. Plus a ZT

Hello nano team
Great to know you’ve got dates for this year. Hope to get to more this year. Daughters wedding and the queens funeral got in the way last year.
Big thank you for all the work you do to keep us tinkering.
All the best Chris
super chip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2023, 16:23   #12
trebor
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDTi Connoisseur SE & MG ZT Saloon 190

Thanked 1,877 Times in 885 Posts

The first Midlands Nano Meet of the year is fast approaching and takes place on Saturday 18 & Sunday 19 March at our new venue of Kings Road, Calf Heath, Wolverhampton, WV19 7DU, and all are welcome.

Our old venue at the Four Ashes is now the subject of a planning application to build houses on there so it looks like the end is near and we wont ever be returning

Our new venue however is only a few minutes from the Ashes and is perfect for our meets and has already had good feedback from the members who attended in 2022

We are now having to charge £5 per car which will be collected on the day and all handed over to the landlord, if you are able to attend both days and have paid on the Saturday you will not be asked to pay again when you return on Sunday.

If you just want to attend to observe what is going on and talk to fellow owners that is fine as the social side of a Nano Meet is also vital to their success as well as doing jobs and providing help and advice.

Don't think your car has to be in pristine condition either, Nano Meets have been going for over 10 years now and we have seen it all , as long as you have a 75 or a ZT of whatever variant and condition you and you car will be more than welcome

We like to have an idea of numbers attending so if you intend to come please add your name over on the Nano Website here:

https://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/...orum.php?f=217

It is free to join the Nano website and will only take a few minutes to register

There is a calendar below which has all of the 2023 dates in or they are also available on the Nano Website

Few pictures of the new venue:

Through the gates

As you go through the gates seen bottom left, this is the area we will be using

Overview of Kings Road leading to the venue bottom left

Robs Car Gallery

Coven near Wolverhampton WV9

2000 Cowley Built Rover 75 2.0 V6 Club SE/ Atlantic Blue/ Sandstone/Walnut (daily driver)
2003 Land Rover Freelander 1 TD4 HSE Helsinki Blue/Black Leather (swmbo daily driver)

Last edited by trebor; 20th January 2023 at 16:42..
trebor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2023, 23:16   #13
Bogbrush82
I really should get out more.......

BMW X3 2.0D

Would be awfully grateful if Jamie could give my BMW the once over if he's planning to go. I've never had an M47 with 163k on it before.
Old 23rd January 2023, 13:47   #14
Jamiewelch
Posted a thing or two

Alpina D3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogbrush82 View Post
Would be awfully grateful if Jamie could give my BMW the once over if he's planning to go. I've never had an M47 with 163k on it before.
I can plug in the dealer kit, but you probably won't enjoy the printout you get
Jamiewelch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2023, 14:46   #15
Bogbrush82
I really should get out more.......

BMW X3 2.0D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamiewelch View Post
I can plug in the dealer kit, but you probably won't enjoy the printout you get
Can't be any worse than that damn Honda I had.

Last edited by Bogbrush82; 24th January 2023 at 14:50..
Bogbrush82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2023, 12:52   #16
Jamiewelch
Posted a thing or two

Alpina D3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogbrush82 View Post
Can't be any worse than that damn Honda I had.
Oh it can be if it hasn't been looked after
Jamiewelch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2023, 14:21   #17
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

Thanked 6,407 Times in 3,874 Posts
Default 1st Nano 2023

The first Nano of 2023 was today, i counted 16 cars, not many bumpers off, or car seats out, but the weather stayed ok for us, just a little sprinkle of rain at one stage about 12.30pm then sun came out.

Thank you to those that turned up, lets remember these events happen only if there is a demand, so it's a case of use it or lose it has the old saying goes.

Hopefully tomorrow Sunday will be good weather for us as well, and see some of you then.

Dave and a good day and a nice little gift from another Dave, let us know when you fit the manifold or will you do it at one of the meets

I also had a few nice gifts from Mr Dattrike thank you most appreciated, they will come in handy for the future cheers Arctic

ad altiora tendo.

Check out our Nano meet dates
http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/index.php?thepage=howto

" You do the work , we supply the expertise "

Last edited by Arctic; 18th March 2023 at 14:24..
Arctic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2023, 19:09   #18
stocktake
Vis Whiz

Rover 75 2.5 auto Saloon

Thanked 3,056 Times in 1,621 Posts

230 mile round trip for me today but so nice to see old friends and new faces. Thanks to Dattrike for the Vis bits for stock and to Arctic for the V6 breather.
Not many V6's for me to fettle but managed to rebuild 3 vis motors (all part of the ethos of the meets, no charge) to give owners a much improved ride home.
As Arctic said, if you don't attend these meets then we will lose them and once they are gone the wealth of information available at these meets will be lost and not passed on. We used to hold an identical meet in Yorkshire but lost our venue and the area is poorer because of it, that is why I make a special effort to attend as many of these Midland meets as I can, it's important to share the tips and tricks we have learnt over the years on.
Experienced owners go out of their way to attend and make themselves available to advise and help sort problems out, don't loose it.

Lost a few stones and a Gall Bladder and part of a bile duct and all of my dignity in the suppository incident

Last edited by stocktake; 18th March 2023 at 20:28..
stocktake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2023, 20:32   #19
trebor
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDTi Connoisseur SE & MG ZT Saloon 190

Thanked 1,877 Times in 885 Posts

We had 15 cars in attendance, not bad for the 1st meet of the year and in March when the weather is unpredictable, but some sunshine did make an appearance early afternoon

It was great to see some stalwarts of the nano meets there today with many appearances under their belts going back almost to the start over 10 years ago, Dave(Stocktake), Bernard, Lyndon, Dave (Dattrike) and Les but thanks to all who came to support us and as we move forward in 2023 hopefully we may get more cars and more jobs being done and a T4 back, today only a few jobs were done but big thanks to Andy for doing the headlight polishing and bringing Quizzie who is fast becoming the Nano mascot and Dave for setting up his vis motor repair station

All are welcome at our meets whatever club you may belong to it doesnt matter, and you car doesnt have to be in pristine condition we are trying to keep more and more 75s and ZTs on the road by giving help, advice and hands on support along the way , if you have never been to one of our meets please give it a try.

My pictures from Saturday here

https://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/...2&p=9693#p9693

Robs Car Gallery

Coven near Wolverhampton WV9

2000 Cowley Built Rover 75 2.0 V6 Club SE/ Atlantic Blue/ Sandstone/Walnut (daily driver)
2003 Land Rover Freelander 1 TD4 HSE Helsinki Blue/Black Leather (swmbo daily driver)
trebor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2023, 23:07   #20
bl52krz
This is my second home

Rover 75 cdt club + Rover 2.5 KV6 Conni SE

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,729 Posts

Thanks to Dattrike, through Arctic, I have obtained a good used inlet manifold for my 2.5 V6. Thank you very much lads. This only came about by me asking Dave Stocktake if he had a spare manifold, after he had replied to a post during the week from a poster on the club site, who wanted a manifold, and he said he could help the poster, I wondered if he had another one. I will wait for the better weather before fitting it. Also thanks to AndyNo 1 for the headlight polishing. I should be able to see in the dark now. As has been said earlier, we enjoy these meets, not just for the work, which could cover practically anything, by the Nano crew, but to chat about cars and most importantly, a laugh and putting the world to rights. Come along and join in. You can also get a nice cup of coffee on site from the cafe.