Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 31st May 2011, 14:03   #1
yellowmitch
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Tourer

Default Cleaning my royal blue tourer

Hi there,

I have had my Royal Blue tourer a couple of months now, but have not really done much driving in it unfortunately as I have been driving my focus.

Anyway, As I am about to move back over to rover, I have noticed that it is full of swirl marks and that my several liberal applications of blue colour magic has not been enough to repair it

I have a sealey rotary polisher, some 3m perfect it, some t cut, some colour magic, some meguiars NXT tech wax 2.0, some autoglym, some clay bar, some tar remover and some gold class.

Is this enough of a range of stuff to make a tidy job of it? I don't want to waste big money

Last edited by Dragrad; 1st June 2011 at 00:41.. Reason: Breach of Forum Rules - by implication selling....
yellowmitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2011, 00:43   #2
typhoon 180
Regular poster

Typhoon MGZS 180

you will be wasting money if you dont use the rotary properly and burn through the paint, also you have to look out for buffer trials if done wrong aswell, if you want a quick fix then buy some autoglym super resin polish, this will fill the swirls and also cut the paint back another good filler polish is poorboys black hole, and then top off with the NXT wax

typhoon 180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2011, 10:09   #3
yellowmitch
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Tourer

I have some super resin polish, and I have tried that, but I feel the swirls are too deep. I have used the rotary on other faded cars before along with plenty of water and I did not burn the paint. Could I use it and the products I have?

Alan
Old 2nd June 2011, 22:57   #4
typhoon 180
Regular poster

Typhoon MGZS 180

with what you have listed there isn't anything there that has enough "bite" to cut the paint, if you get some dodo juice lime prime and a medium grade cutting pad for your machine this will be enough, no water needed lol, just use at a slow speed and work the polish in until it disappears and then buff, the thing with MG Rover paint is that it is very soft and pretty thin really and wouldnt take a lot to burn through

typhoon 180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2011, 23:03   #5
yellowmitch
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Tourer

Oh. Thin paint. Thats not a good thing. Would the 3m cutting compound I mentioned not be a good job when used with water?

I used it on the front bumper when I had it off and I think it came up a treat.

I want it to look nice, as the car which it is replacing (my focus which i owned from new) still has excellent paint depth.
Old 3rd June 2011, 19:47   #6
r75cdti
Regular poster

rover 75

What 3m compound are you using??? 9374??? white lid or green?
i don't think you need half that **** mate. when i got mine in november,
also royal blue looked terrible in the sunlight. 3m extra fine compound 1st.with yellow head. then get yor self some 3m ultrafina m50383 and m50388 polishing mop head. with a decent polishing mop. took all swirl marks and holagrams out of site. finished it off with the good ol supagard paint sealent an she gleams now and looks sweet!!!!!
r75cdti is offline   Reply With Quote