Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 29th July 2016, 14:51   #5581
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,973 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomRS View Post
Can overlap by 1 month.
or if put through earlier and it was to fail, the previous passed MOT will become invalid.

in northern Ireland, all MOT s are logged unfortunately, so it will be recorded as being currently without MOT.

It is not gloss primer .............. it is duct tape silver!
clf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2016, 18:04   #5582
klarzy
This is my second home

none but not gone

Thanked 4,247 Times in 3,025 Posts

ask for a pre mot inspection and not an mot test
Old 29th July 2016, 18:42   #5583
27matt
Regular poster

Rover 75 Saloon

I gave the car a full service at the weekend, but discovered a couple of other issues, one being the low speed fan not working - I think it may never have worked since I had the car!

So, today, I removed the bumper and replaced the silver resistor with a gold one (condenser was surprisingly good condition as it is more than 10 years old), fitted Jules' O/S plenum shield and replaced the shannon tube. I bought the tube to do whilst the bumper was off, didn't know if it would need doing, but once I saw it, it looked exactly like the worn ones in photos always do!

And whilst I was fitting the plenum shield, my wife gave the headlamps a polish - they need more work, but certainly better thank they were.

Many thanks to Jules for the parts - great service

Matt
27matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2016, 20:33   #5584
FrazzleTC
This is my second home

Rover 75 Tourer

Thanked 1,178 Times in 920 Posts

Fitted a replacement air-con compressor, new fan, and front end refitted, with my friend John's help!
2013 Mercedes SLK250 CDI
FrazzleTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2016, 20:50   #5585
27matt
Regular poster

Rover 75 Saloon

Used one of those air con bombs once I had the fan working, car now smells of a teenagers bedroom before a night out! I thought it would be odourless, not smell like a Lynx factory!
Old 30th July 2016, 09:06   #5586
Plezier
I really should get out more.......

Mercedes C Class CDI estate (2003)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 27matt View Post
Used one of those air con bombs once I had the fan working, car now smells of a teenagers bedroom before a night out! I thought it would be odourless, not smell like a Lynx factory!

I believe the idea is to also freshen the interior. We did the Classic SE CDT and it certainly helped freshen up the cloth seats. They still need a roper valet but they are far better than they were. The A/C did not smell actually but the nephews newer renault stuck and the 2nd bomb was like £2 so he ordered two and we did the CDT as well.

The previous owner it seems was a bricky and thie insides showed this coffee spilt everywhere sugar in the door pocket not to mention half a builders yard under the back seat in the spare wheel well.
Old 30th July 2016, 09:53   #5587
Tenesmus
Loves to post

Rover 75 Tourer

The other day I noticed the undertray was hanging down so popped into my local MGR garage and he moved a car out the way and stuck it on the ramp straight away, which was nice. He did up the fasteners, lowered the car, then popped the bonnet and got a torch... hmmm?

He beckoned me over and said "have a look there, see the damp? The thermostat housing is leaking, I could smell it when I started the car..." so I've got it booked in for Tuesday. Damn.

Oh well. I'll ask him to look at the rainwater leak if he's got time. I think it's coming in the roof rail strips and running down the pillars.
2005 Connoisseur 2.5 auto SE Tourer in BRG with Sandstone Beige and Black piping interior (the 2nd of only 7 Rover 75s produced 5th November 2004, and it’s the 244th of 303 facelift British Racing Green 75 tourers built worldwide). All I've done is add Rover walnut gear knob and handbrake...

2016 Vauxhall Viva SL (Father Jack) "assisted manual" (auto) in purple. Going rusty underneath already...

Tenesmus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2016, 10:41   #5588
27matt
Regular poster

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plezier View Post
I believe the idea is to also freshen the interior. We did the Classic SE CDT and it certainly helped freshen up the cloth seats. They still need a roper valet but they are far better than they were. The A/C did not smell actually but the nephews newer renault stuck and the 2nd bomb was like £2 so he ordered two and we did the CDT as well.

The previous owner it seems was a bricky and thie insides showed this coffee spilt everywhere sugar in the door pocket not to mention half a builders yard under the back seat in the spare wheel well.
Hopefully it clears and leaves a nice fresh smell as long as the musty smell has gone I'll be happy. Thought it was worth a shot along with a new pollen filter.

Matt
Old 30th July 2016, 20:13   #5589
Southcoast
Regular poster

Rover 75

Took the rear bumper off the Tourer to replace the OS bumper bracket. The lug for the retaining screw had broken off and the bumper was loose/hanging down about 1 cm. The bumper came off easily but I did manage to scratch it on the tow bar plate

Had to loosen off the light fitting as the bracket hooks up under the lower edge.
Fitting the bumper back on was a real pain. I covered the tow bar plate with a few layers of masking tape to prevent more scratches. Must have spent a good 30 mins trying to locate the screw in the underside of the bumper on the NS
Anyway, got it all back together and all still works. Well satisfied.
Southcoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2016, 20:55   #5590
djchubs

Rover 75 Saloon

Started stripping the back end down.

Started on the nearside.

Managed to get the shocker, brake caliper, disc/drum off and outer bolt on the upper arm.

Had a problem with the shoes. The retaining pins have pulled through the back plate and the drum tried to bring the shoes with it. Took about 2 hours of fettling to get it off.

The lower arm outer bolt is rounded so set too with the angle grinder, after about 30 mins I have only got about 3mm in so gave up, took the dogs for a walk and ate.

Its 21:50 now so having a shower to get rid of the grime and then going to have a single malt.

Need to get a 32mm socket to remove the rear hub so I can get the rear back plate off.

Think this is going to be a labour of love. New I shouldnt have been swayed by the leather and wood.
djchubs is offline   Reply With Quote