Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 & ZT Gallery
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 30th July 2011, 15:30   #1
ZedTeeTee
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon

Default Cleaned and Polished

Cleaned and polished, ready to get mucky on the run up to Gretna..

Oh look - an arty shot.....sort of.....

ZedTeeTee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2011, 15:41   #2
Poppy
Banned

75 club 1.8 petrol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mofo View Post
Cleaned and polished, ready to get mucky on the run up to Gretna..

Oh look - an arty shot.....sort of.....

Hey.... Looking Good..... May I be the first to congratulate you on your hard work Chris... Poppy
Poppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2011, 15:51   #3
ZedTeeTee
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppy View Post
Hey.... Looking Good..... May I be the first to congratulate you on your hard work Chris... Poppy
Cheers Poppy, it's certainly been a busy couple of hours, I really must invest in a machine polisher....

After giving it a good clean I am now convinced my car is actually magnetic, given the amount of dings from car doors and scratches from car keys it has attracted in the last few months

Either that or there are some truly careless and jealous people around and they don't like Rovers.....

Anyways - clean for now and that'll do for me I now have to make up the fact I have spent half my day out and about (rover / club related), then came back and spent a few hours cleaning my car to SWMBO - so I am off to go and cook her a nice meal, bit of comfort food since she isn't feeling to well.
Old 30th July 2011, 15:57   #4
Poppy
Banned

75 club 1.8 petrol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mofo View Post
Cheers Poppy, it's certainly been a busy couple of hours, I really must invest in a machine polisher....

After giving it a good clean I am now convinced my car is actually magnetic, given the amount of dings from car doors and scratches from car keys it has attracted in the last few months

Either that or there are some truly careless and jealous people around and they don't like Rovers.....

Anyways - clean for now and that'll do for me I now have to make up the fact I have spent half my day out and about (rover / club related), then came back and spent a few hours cleaning my car to SWMBO - so I am off to go and cook her a nice meal, bit of comfort food since she isn't feeling to well.

Oooooo, What a nice gesture.. I have a polisher, but still do it by hand... Hm, Scratches and the rest.... Seems every time you look there are new ones...grr. Just doing my door cards to finish off my re dying project.....What a chore...eek.lol. Anyway, Hope you have a nice time in Gretna... Looks like the weather is going to be good anyway.... (Ps, I am counting this to be in the same category as the social section by the way...) Poppy
Poppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2011, 16:05   #5
Brabus
This is my second home

01 75 tourer cdt,1973 Rover 3500S,,1974 Rover 3500 Auto,1998 216 SE Coupe, 1968 Morris Minor 1000

Cars looking greatHave a good run
121st 75 Tourer to be made
15th 75 Tourer CDT Club SE to be made
36th 75 Tourer in Zircon Silver Metallic to be made

Membership No 903

I was one of the 541
Brabus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2011, 21:47   #6
VVC-Geeza
This is my second home

2005 Connoisseur SE 1.8 Turbo,2004 45 1.8 Connoisseur and my beloved 1998 VVC Coupe.

Thanked 1,016 Times in 739 Posts

Very nice inside and out,love the colour

VVC-Geeza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2011, 23:16   #7
John Pimlott
Regular poster

Rover 75 Connoisseur CDT SE

Absolutely stunning!
John Pimlott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2011, 10:40   #8
NM02 AZG
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Tourer

You don't see many in that colour now. Well done, good to see an early one looking so good.

(I definitely want a wood steering wheel in mine...)

Current fleet:
2012 MG 6 GT SE 1.8T

2003 Rover 75 Club SE 1.8T
1989 Rover Montego GSi Executive

NM02 AZG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2011, 21:13   #9
Tim_Burgess
This is my second home

1999 75 Connoisseur SE 2.5, 2000 75 Classic SE 2.0, 2012 Lancia Delta 3, 2016 Dacia Sandero Ambiance

Great photos, I saw the car yesterday at Gretna and it's a credit to you. First 75 I saw on the road was that colour - Pewter I think from memory.

I would carry on polishing by hand if I were you. Machines are good - if you get a good quality one and you know how to use it. In the wrong / inexperienced hands it's very easy to make a mess of a tidy car.
Old 1st August 2011, 21:24   #10
ZedTeeTee
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim_Burgess View Post
Great photos, I saw the car yesterday at Gretna and it's a credit to you. First 75 I saw on the road was that colour - Pewter I think from memory.

I would carry on polishing by hand if I were you. Machines are good - if you get a good quality one and you know how to use it. In the wrong / inexperienced hands it's very easy to make a mess of a tidy car.
Cheers Tim,

It is indeed Pewter Grey, and thanks for the compliment but I am sure your expert eye caught sight of the (many) imperfections on the car - especially on the passenger side, it's had some abuse unfortunately

That said, it is indeed a lovely colour, and a good polish hides a mutlitude of sins I suppose you are quite right, a polisher, like any machine, needs a bit of experience to use it right but it's always an idea for us lazy peeps

Quote:
Originally Posted by NM02 AZG View Post
You don't see many in that colour now. Well done, good to see an early one looking so good.

(I definitely want a wood steering wheel in mine...)
Thanks for the compliment Steve, and I certainly havn't seen another in the same colour yet, and yes, the wood steering wheel was one of my must have upgrades too

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Pimlott View Post
Absolutely stunning!
Nice of you to say John, I appreciate the comment