Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 & ZT Gallery
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 12th July 2011, 14:30   #11
Jarno
Avid contributor

Steel Blue Rover 75 2.5 V6 Sterling Auto. + MGF

Congratulations on your new car, looks great for it's age! I always liked the launch spec cars, the combination of Wedgwood Blue and Neptune Blue leather looks very good.

We also got these dealer-launch cars in the Netherlands, most of them have the registration ''ZJ-NX-**'', like the ones below:

Jarno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2011, 21:18   #12
ssizefive
I really should get out more.......

Mg Tf160

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
Congratulations on your new car, looks great for it's age! I always liked the launch spec cars, the combination of Wedgwood Blue and Neptune Blue leather looks very good.

We also got these dealer-launch cars in the Netherlands, most of them have the registration ''ZJ-NX-**'', like the ones below:

Thanks, i have had the wing & bumper painted today & the serpents have also arrived and they should be painted before the weekend - i cant wait to get them fitted! Two tyres that were on the wheels are in good order & two have had it so i need to get a pair. I will add some more pictures as soon as the wheels are on.

Steve
ssizefive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2011, 22:58   #13
Jim Jamieson
This is my second home

Rover less !

Stunning car Steve.
On the rear plate you could get a copy of the dealer logo then print it onto acetate then cut it out and get it inserted into the large plate.

I always thought the 75's looked poor with the standard size plate and have larger plates on both my 75's and also my SD1 Vitesse and Vanden Plas 1300

I have a show plate for the front of my SD1 Vitesse made up this way and I also made one with the Austin Rover logo for an SD1 club member.
JYJ
Jim Jamieson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2011, 23:05   #14
ZedTeeTee
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssizefive View Post
I was offered a very good price for my Club Se a couple of weeks ago & decided to let it go & set about looking for a Conny. I looked at quite a few & was very dissappointed on a number of occassions. Then one evening i was browsing on ebay ( as you do ) and came across a 'T' plate launch spec conny that only had 41000 miles on the clock, a full MOT, lots of history and 2 previous owners. I rang the guy who was selling it & he said it was a honest car but he just wanted it away as it had been traded in & was not what he dealt in so i hit the button. Wedgewud & i went down to Nottingham last Saturday to collect it and to my surprise it was exactly as described. Except for a scrape on the nsf wing & bumper & a couple of 'dentman' type dents it is in really good order. The car drove really well on the 90 mile journey home and i am pleased as can be with it.
I have spent most of today cleaning it so here are a few pictures

I also bought a set of serpents last night so as soon as they arrive & are painted i will add another picture or two.

Steve
Absolute beaut matey - first class, it is a sound example. Congrats on the purchase!!
ZedTeeTee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2011, 19:05   #15
ssizefive

Mg Tf160

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Jamieson View Post
Stunning car Steve.
On the rear plate you could get a copy of the dealer logo then print it onto acetate then cut it out and get it inserted into the large plate.

I always thought the 75's looked poor with the standard size plate and have larger plates on both my 75's and also my SD1 Vitesse and Vanden Plas 1300

I have a show plate for the front of my SD1 Vitesse made up this way and I also made one with the Austin Rover logo for an SD1 club member.
JYJ
Thanks, i will look into that - i agree that the standard plate does spoil it.

Steve
Old 15th July 2011, 19:09   #16
ssizefive

Mg Tf160

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mofo View Post
Absolute beaut matey - first class, it is a sound example. Congrats on the purchase!!
Thankyou - i am well pleased with it, the serpents refurbish has been delayed a bit ( the paintshop at work is a bit busy at the moment ) but i fully intend to have them fitted for the Yorkie meet next weekend.

Steve
Old 15th July 2011, 20:33   #17
jonno12
Posted a thing or two

rover75 saloon connie

congrats steve, looks a really nice car and you sound chuffed to bit's ,so the old saying, look hard enough and long enough and you shall be rewarded has born fruit. happy motoring
jonno12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2011, 13:35   #18
James.uk
Passed Away

2002 Pale Blue. Rover 75 CDTi Connoisseur auto. 170K miles

Its a launch car innit? so why alter it? Change the wheels and plate and it wont look like a launch car anymore????? Arghhhh....

In the case of a launch car, mods are detrimental.. IMO anyway...
James.uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2011, 21:34   #19
Brabus
This is my second home

01 75 tourer cdt,1973 Rover 3500S,,1974 Rover 3500 Auto,1998 216 SE Coupe, 1968 Morris Minor 1000

I would leave all as is apart from the rear plate, needs a big one,Keep the the small one in the garage to have it
121st 75 Tourer to be made
15th 75 Tourer CDT Club SE to be made
36th 75 Tourer in Zircon Silver Metallic to be made

Membership No 903

I was one of the 541
Brabus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2011, 21:47   #20
starbug2
This is my second home

Silver Rover 75 Tourer Club SE CDTI + MGF 1.8 in BRG

nice looking car , we have matching steering wheels but i don't have the green leather seats or even leather seats

now with 2020 MG ZS 1Lt TURBO engine with automatic 6 speed gearbox to help keep the 75 and MG F going as long as possible
starbug2 is offline   Reply With Quote