Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 30th April 2023, 21:14   #14191
Lagetha
Loves to post

Rover 75 Saloon

Default Furious Driving

Made the 70 minute dash along the M62/A1M to The Furious Driving Meet at The Motorist near Leeds. A very well attended meeting, plenty of 75s/ZTs and other Rovers to drool over (especially the Supercharged V8 400bhp, bet that could be a handful in the rain).

Lots of other marques too, from an Austin 7 up to exoticars! Met some nice people, and bought an FD tee-shirt...

I spent the morning there, during the dry weather, then suffered a few road-works' queues on my return to the very wet side of the Pennines.

2000 Rover 75 1.8 Classic SE in Moonstone Green/Black Leather seats and Sandstone Beige Interior (purchased 10 April 2022)
2002 Rover 25 2.0 IL TurboDiesel - gone but not forgotten, you can follow Deric's adventures on YouTube at Boaty's World and Project Nigel. AllegroMan is restoring Deric now. (Owned 25/10/2022-15/05/2023)

Lagetha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st May 2023, 16:34   #14192
Lagetha
Loves to post

Rover 75 Saloon

Default Alpine CD Changer installed

Completed the fitting of my "new to me" Alpine CD Changer. Thank you to all involved in tracking parts/harness, providing advice and information, and special mention for this thread which proved invaluable.

https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/for...nger+blue+clip
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20230501_163544_8.jpg (121.1 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20230501_163601_8.jpg (122.8 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20230501_163620_8.jpg (135.9 KB, 30 views)

2000 Rover 75 1.8 Classic SE in Moonstone Green/Black Leather seats and Sandstone Beige Interior (purchased 10 April 2022)
2002 Rover 25 2.0 IL TurboDiesel - gone but not forgotten, you can follow Deric's adventures on YouTube at Boaty's World and Project Nigel. AllegroMan is restoring Deric now. (Owned 25/10/2022-15/05/2023)

Old 1st May 2023, 17:17   #14193
Matt_75
Gets stuck in

75 Saloon

Friday I fitted my new number plates and today I fitted a PPD boot handle and boot badge. Very happy with the result

2001 Rover 75 Connoisseur SE 2.5 (BRG)
1999 Rover 75 Club 2.5 (Dorchester Red)
1973 Triumph Dolomite (Honeysuckle)
Matt_75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st May 2023, 21:04   #14194
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

Thanked 6,407 Times in 3,874 Posts

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt_75 View Post
Friday I fitted my new number plates and today I fitted a PPD boot handle and boot badge. Very happy with the result

H Matt.
Where did you get the number plates made up please

ad altiora tendo.

Check out our Nano meet dates
http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/index.php?thepage=howto

" You do the work , we supply the expertise "
Arctic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st May 2023, 23:14   #14195
Matt_75
Gets stuck in

75 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic View Post
H Matt.
Where did you get the number plates made up please
A chap called Matt Dickins makes them. He can replicate old dealer plates too, but I just went for the current lettering style and the MG Rover logo. I contacted him via Facebook but incase you're not on there, I'll PM his email to you.

2001 Rover 75 Connoisseur SE 2.5 (BRG)
1999 Rover 75 Club 2.5 (Dorchester Red)
1973 Triumph Dolomite (Honeysuckle)
Matt_75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2023, 20:56   #14196
Lagetha
Loves to post

Rover 75 Saloon

Default New front drop links

Lagetha has had new front drop links fitted today. Thanks to Arctic for his very informative How To, I am sure it made the job easier, although removal of the original parts was a particularly difficult test of my endurance. The grinder was very useful.

I had also planned to fit "tyre protectors" which I had sourced from Rimmer Bros a few weeks ago - I guess I should have looked more closely - Lagetha already had them!

Of course the bolts securing these where very rusty and easily rounded, so after trying unsuccessfully to remove these, I gave up and fitted the near side (passenger) drop link with the protector in place. Anyone familiar with these items will know they are not "handed" which means the off side (driver's) drop link top is obscured by a flat plate - again the bolts were rounded and rusted on - which meant I had to remove that portion of the protector in order to complete the job.

A short test drive and I'm happy to report a return to Rover 75 wafting without all the banging and clunking of the old drop links.

Old 20th May 2023, 21:55   #14197
bl52krz
This is my second home

Rover 75 cdt club + Rover 2.5 KV6 Conni SE

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,729 Posts

Had to buy a new battery for the 2.5 v6 yesterday. Halfords old battery that was guaranteed for three years, lasted for five. Bought an Exide on Amazon from Tayna Batteries. Ordered on Thursday19th May at around 2.00 o’clock. Delivered at around 11.00 o’clock Friday. Now that’s service. Checked the charge, 12.56 volts. Works a treat. Gave the car a wash and brush up, and started it for 45 minutes to get the oil round the engine, and all was well. Probably going to put the diesel in the garage for a year in June , and use the 2.5 for another year.
Old 21st May 2023, 01:24   #14198
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

Thanked 6,407 Times in 3,874 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lagetha View Post
Lagetha has had new front drop links fitted today. Thanks to Arctic for his very informative How To, I am sure it made the job easier, although removal of the original parts was a particularly difficult test of my endurance. The grinder was very useful.

Quote:
I had also planned to fit "tyre protectors" which I had sourced from Rimmer Bros a few weeks ago - I guess I should have looked more closely - Lagetha already had them!

Of course the bolts securing these where very rusty and easily rounded, so after trying unsuccessfully to remove these, I gave up and fitted the near side (passenger) drop link with the protector in place. Anyone familiar with these items will know they are not "handed" which means the off side (driver's) drop link top is obscured by a flat plate - again the bolts were rounded and rusted on - which meant I had to remove that portion of the protector in order to complete the job.
A short test drive and I'm happy to report a return to Rover 75 wafting without all the banging and clunking of the old drop links.
Hi Kevin.
Use some of these to remove the old bolts out of the tyre protectors and add the new set

ad altiora tendo.

Check out our Nano meet dates
http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/index.php?thepage=howto

" You do the work , we supply the expertise "
Arctic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2023, 09:41   #14199
p2roverman
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Connie Tourer & Connie SE Saloon & Club SE Tourer

Removed the thermostat from the low milage 'spare' V6. Obviously leaking for years by the state of the Vee. Pipes cracked in the O ring groove at the back of the water pump and under the stat itself. Aluminium one on order.

Would like to remove the knock sensors to clean the area properly but the bolts will not turn; I certainly don't want to risk shearing them.
p2roverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2023, 16:48   #14200
Andy24601
Regular poster

Rover saloon

Default here we go again...

2.5 litre V6 - I noticed that both front wing liners are hanging lower than they should. As we are off to France next week I thought I would order some fixings and, in the mean time, temporarily push them back in place. Which was when I noticed the oil leak. Checking the engine oil showed no obvious loss, so I jacked the car up and investigated further. Low pressure power steering hose is obviously leaking so go indoors to order a new one. As Rimmers don't stock them I venture outside again with Vernier callipers to measure the pipe. This requires the removal of the engine cover, which is when it becomes obvious that the thermostat housing has given up the ghost and the engine vee is full of coolant. I know what you're thinking - as an obvious failure point on these engines I should have kept an eye on it but then it was replaced 2 years (and about 3000 miles) ago.
At least I'm not at a loss on how to fill my time next weekend...
Andy24601 is offline   Reply With Quote