Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 26th December 2012, 00:19   #41
Shaun233
Avid contributor

Rover 75 saloon

Put me down for a rover badged one please
Shaun233 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th December 2012, 07:58   #42
Bobbybrown
Gets stuck in

Hi all,
Slightly confused here, judging by the posts on the first page I thought this was a non starter.

I am of the understanding there is a member here who has worked on this already but using a BMW mini shell?

I have spoken to my factories, we can make one to fit the 75/ZT that shouldn't be a problem. However they will be made to fit, not something else modified.

If you want me to do this I'm more than happy to do so, if its already covered then ill step back.

Please do let me know as it takes a lot of work and expense to get a case made so I would prefer to begin as soon as possible if I am to supply these.

I do also sell the MG and Lucas cases on ebay as I'm sure some of you will be aware.

Many thanks.
Bobbybrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th December 2012, 09:36   #43
Le Mans 190
I really should get out more.......

RIP Le Mans 190 :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbybrown View Post
Hi all,
Slightly confused here, judging by the posts on the first page I thought this was a non starter.

I am of the understanding there is a member here who has worked on this already but using a BMW mini shell?

I have spoken to my factories, we can make one to fit the 75/ZT that shouldn't be a problem. However they will be made to fit, not something else modified.

If you want me to do this I'm more than happy to do so, if its already covered then ill step back.

Please do let me know as it takes a lot of work and expense to get a case made so I would prefer to begin as soon as possible if I am to supply these.

I do also sell the MG and Lucas cases on ebay as I'm sure some of you will be aware.

Many thanks.

Yes interested once price is allocated
Le Mans 190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th December 2012, 10:05   #44
mh007
This is my second home

MG ZT260 SE, MG ZT190+, MG ZTT 160, R75 Conn SE 2.0, R75 Conn SE 2.5 X 3, R75 Club SE 1.8, P5B Coupe

I'm a little bit confused at to who would be supplying these on here at the moment !

I may be interested in a few price dependant but would also like to know what the 'badges' would look like & would the Rover badge be Mk1 or Mk2 style ?
mh007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th December 2012, 10:54   #45
dissy1810
Posted a thing or two

mgzt 160 1.8 lpg

Quote:
Hi all,

Many thanks.
The BMW one will fit the only difference is the shape of the unlock button if you can make one with different shaped buttons more suited to our keys similar to the other ones you have already done I would also like one
dissy1810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th December 2012, 11:00   #46
Bobbybrown
Gets stuck in

Ok.
I am in talks with Andre at the moment (guy who was working on the modified BMW case).

Please await a post from him and we will see where we are at.
Old 26th December 2012, 11:34   #47
AndreRijo
Avid contributor

MG ZT-T Extreme Spec ; Rover 45 MKII Connoisseur Plus

The ones that I was intending on supplying, were as mentioned before, BMW Mini shell's with the modified unlock button, that would hold the MG or Rover logo and with a bit more quality on the materials used.

In the meanwhile, I've been talking to Bobbybrown about this issue and as this was just a hobby for me and nothing is yet on production, I will let him go ahead with the new flip keys.

For what I understand he will present a all new flip key for our cars. So he's the one to be contacted on the future regarding this matter.

Cheers,
Andre

Last edited by AndreRijo; 26th December 2012 at 11:44..
AndreRijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th December 2012, 11:46   #48
pab
Banned

MG ZT V6 190+

Thanked 1,614 Times in 1,416 Posts

So hopefully we have established who will be supplying the Keys. Perhaps the next step forward would be to establish the price, obviously the more units the cheaper.

Could you supply us with the price for 25 keys initially?

Hopefully interest will accumulate on the project after the Holidays.
pab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th December 2012, 11:56   #49
Bobbybrown
Gets stuck in

Price is difficult to say until I have done more work on them.

The cases will be a direct swap, your circuit board straight in to the new case, cut the key blade and your all done.

It would be done as a group buy initially as I always do when I introduce a new key shell due to the costs involved.

Once I have more information from my factory I will be able to give more detail on price.

Does anyone have a spare/broken/old car key and fob so I can work from that?

Many thanks.
Old 26th December 2012, 12:58   #50
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

Thanked 6,407 Times in 3,874 Posts

Quote:
Price is difficult to say until I have done more work on them.

The cases will be a direct swap, your circuit board straight in to the new case, cut the key blade and your all done.

It would be done as a group buy initially as I always do when I introduce a new key shell due to the costs involved.

Once I have more information from my factory I will be able to give more detail on price.

Does anyone have a spare/broken/old car key and fob so I can work from that?

Many thanks.
HI Dan.
I have a spare key and fob you can have drop me a PM with your address and i will get it posted of to to you asap good work and hoipe it works out great for you Arctic.

ad altiora tendo.

Check out our Nano meet dates
http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/index.php?thepage=howto

" You do the work , we supply the expertise "
Arctic is offline   Reply With Quote