Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 17th November 2023, 17:27   #1
VVC-Geeza
This is my second home

2005 Connoisseur SE 1.8 Turbo,2004 45 1.8 Connoisseur and my beloved 1998 VVC Coupe.

Thanked 1,016 Times in 739 Posts
Default The News.

I can't think of a more depressing time than currently as far as the news goes.It doesn't matter whether it's international reporting of the atrocities in the Middle East and Ukraine or national and local news,there are some pretty horrendous things happening.I accept that media reporting has never been so intensive and things are 'probably' no worse than usual but it just seems a lot worse.I try not to watch or listen to any of it where possible.It can't be conducive to good health to absorb all that negativity and sadness.

VVC-Geeza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2023, 17:51   #2
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

I hope this warms the cockles of your heart and does something to restore your faith in humanity.
I am part of LEBBS, Lincolnshire Emergency Blood Bike Service, a Blood Biker ....... although I drive a car.

This message was sent out to the volunteers about some of the runs we did recently.

macafee2

Hi everyone,
I thought I'd give you an update on a pretty special week for LEBBS.
I also have to pass on to you all, heartfelt thanks from a Lady I met.
The Lady's husband went in for surgery at the beginning of the week but had major complications during surgery.
At the same time, in an adjacent operating theatre, there were similar complications for a patient.
As the calls came in to LEBBS we were able to respond.
Using 3 riders we ended up taking in 10units of blood plus plasma.
As soon as the blood/plasma was arriving it was being taken straight to theatre for use.
I'm pleased to say that both patients have now been moved to ICU at a trauma hospital.
The Lady wished me to convey her thanks to all of LEBBs for making a difference to her and her husband.
Elsewhere, we were called upon for a baby milk service and 29 bottles were collected from Gainsborough and transferred to Notts BB for a relay to London.
There's also been runs to Barnsley and the usual inter-Pathlab transfer.
As I write we have a Grimsby run and Leeds run, both urgent.
I hope you're all suitably chuffed at the impact and difference LEBBs is making.
macafee2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2023, 18:30   #3
VVC-Geeza
This is my second home

2005 Connoisseur SE 1.8 Turbo,2004 45 1.8 Connoisseur and my beloved 1998 VVC Coupe.

Well done Ian,what a great cause to belong to.Things like this do make it onto the local news but the rest seems to be dominated by upsetting situations and occurances. I know there are lots of wonderful kind people out there.its just that the headlines and a large proportion of all news wherever it comes from does not lift the spirits.Well done again.

Old 17th November 2023, 18:46   #4
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

Mick,

Why not think about the festive season to cheer yourself up - turkeys putting their necks on the chopper for you enjoyment, stuffing yourself with tons of cake and chocolates, getting sick on cheap booze, roasted nuts by the fire....

Oh no, I mentioned nuts again.

In trying to follow in the footsteps of eminent politicians who say they are resigning just before being fired from their ministerial posts, I administer upon myself a 6-week temporary ban from the club.

May post again in 2024.

Seasons greetings to all including the fine men known as "Ge Management". I apologise for all my transgressions and failures of the past, of which there have been many.
Old 17th November 2023, 18:56   #5
suzublu
This is my second home

rover 75 1.8 vvc club se wedgwood blue

Thanked 7,142 Times in 4,642 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSS View Post
Mick,

Why not think about the festive season to cheer yourself up - turkeys putting their necks on the chopper for you enjoyment, stuffing yourself with tons of cake and chocolates, getting sick on cheap booze, roasted nuts by the fire....

In trying to follow in the footsteps of eminent politicians who say they are resigning just before being fired from their ministerial posts, I administer upon myself a 6-week temporary ban from the club.

May post again in 2024.

Seasons greetings to all including the fine men known as "Ge Management". I apologise for all my transgressions and failures of the past, of which there have been many.
Oh Maninder I miss your seasonal nuts posts, should that be nutty?😁 don't leave too long a gap between 😎

Sent from my SM-A145R using Tapatalk
suzublu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2023, 19:56   #6
VVC-Geeza
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSS View Post
Mick,

May post again in 2024.

Season's greetings to you Maninder,I've missed your wise and often entertaining posts

I do enjoy the festive season though,particularly some of the movies.Always a happy ending and not a rocket launcher to be seen

Last edited by VVC-Geeza; 17th November 2023 at 20:54..
Old 10th February 2024, 19:30   #7
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

In January 2024 our Blood Biking team, we also use cars, did a fraction over 17,200 miles averaging 8.5 calls a day.
There are somewhere in the region of 36 Blood Biking groups in the National Association of Blood Bikes.

In a year that could be miles that run into the millions of miles covered, all free to the NHS.

macafee2
macafee2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2024, 21:15   #8
Nantwich 75
Loves to post

Rover 75 Tourer

Good to see that the RAF are flying in emergency supplies to Gaza via Egypt.
Nantwich 75 is online now   Reply With Quote