Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 21st March 2017, 16:48   #311
minimutly
Posted a thing or two

mg zt

Didn't avoid the 70 mph kamikaze fawcet pheasant, lower grill now back as far as the fan!!
I don't think the pheasan walked away....
There, got that past the filter
minimutly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2017, 21:58   #312
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

Started off with fitting new clips to the outer CV joint on Cazemi's project MGF, refitting the shafts, and metal coolant pipes.

Then spent a couple of hours at MGR Spares Blaydon to source two engine mounting bolts, a missing coolant pipe, and a clutch slave pushrod.

Off to the barbers to get my head sharpened, then a visit to a Mercedes Sprinter 311 with a broken ECM, to be removed for repair.

Blast home to pick up the dog from his visit to the barber, then a rework of the Mercedes van ECM, and a run back to where the stricken van was turned from a LWB shed into a running vehicle once more

Back home for tea, then out for a walk with the dog in the pleasant evening sunshine.

Brian

Last edited by marinabrian; 8th June 2017 at 22:21..
marinabrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2017, 23:16   #313
neilll
Gets stuck in

MG ZT,MG ZT-T

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinabrian View Post
Started off with fitting new clips to the outer CV joint on Cazemi's project MGF, refitting the shafts, and metal coolant pipes.

Then spent a couple of hours at MGR Spares Blaydon to source two engine mounting bolts, a missing coolant pipe, and a clutch slave pushrod.

Off to the barbers to get my head sharpened, then a visit to a Mercedes Sprinter 311 with a broken ECM, to be removed for repair.

Blast home to pick up the dog from his visit to the barber, then a rework of the Mercedes van ECM, and a run back to where the stricken van was turned from a LWB shed into a running vehicle once more

Back home for tea, then out for a walk with the dog in the pleasant evening sunshine.

Brian
Who went to the dog groomers and who went to the barbers ? or did you toss a coin!! Oh sugar I hope I never need any ecu`s sorting
Neil
neilll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2017, 07:56   #314
marinabrian

MG ZT

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilll View Post
Who went to the dog groomers and who went to the barbers ? or did you toss a coin!! Oh sugar I hope I never need any ecu`s sorting
Neil
LOL, his haircut was a bit more expensive than mine, and he had two young ladies cooing over him

So I don't know what I would have prefered, being attended to by two charming girls, or a set of clippers wielded by a heavily tattooed, rock band bass guitarist, ZT owning barber

Brian
Old 10th August 2017, 22:24   #315
marinabrian

MG ZT

Well after ten years had elapsed since it's last MOT, I drove the newly rebuilt engine MGF for an MOT.

Despite a couple of small errors which have now been rectified, a pass with one advisory was obtained

So when Mrs MB arrived home from work, a trip to the beach with the dog on her lap and the roof down followed, a lovely fish and chips, followed by a walk on the beach with Bitey McBiteface, then a leisurely drive home.

I have to say the clutch was a considerable improvement on the ZT, feather light and considering it's a two seat Metro with the engine in the boot, I was pleasantly surprised by the handling

So to celebrate, I repaired another diesel ECU coded it to the ZT and took that for a spin, just so it didn't feel left out

Brian
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Alfie MGF.jpg (125.3 KB, 138 views)
Old 11th August 2017, 10:43   #316
Neil1
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT-T CDTI Auto

Was supposed to be clearing my 75 out as I have accumulated multiple tickets from various car parks and I just seem to fold them in half and put in the space behind the automatic gear stick.
Plus sorting out my boot as that is quite full and I can't find anything.

However after opening my fridge this morning realised I needed more food for the weekend so instead went off to Lidl's.

It was a glorious morning sun out and feeling warm, got there for 8am, opening time.
Took a bit longer this time as they have changed the layout of everything but I found nearly all the stuff I needed.

Then back home and made a cuppa and sat out on my stool leaning against the wall enjoying the weather plus enjoying a smoke, I never smoke in the house.

Unfortunately it's raining now, shame really as the weathermen have got the weather completely wrong for the past few days, except today they were right!
Neil1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2017, 10:48   #317
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

Quote:
Well after ten years had elapsed since it's last MOT, I drove the newly rebuilt engine MGF for an MOT.

Despite a couple of small errors which have now been rectified, a pass with one advisory was obtained

So when Mrs MB arrived home from work, a trip to the beach with the dog on her lap and the roof down followed, a lovely fish and chips, followed by a walk on the beach with Bitey McBiteface, then a leisurely drive home.

I have to say the clutch was a considerable improvement on the ZT, feather light and considering it's a two seat Metro with the engine in the boot, I was pleasantly surprised by the handling

So to celebrate, I repaired another diesel ECU coded it to the ZT and took that for a spin, just so it didn't feel left out

Brian

The only sunny day oop north Bri!!!
Old 11th August 2017, 12:12   #318
Fusilier
Moderator / RS North East

MG ZT T 180,MGF Freestyle, Jaguar XKR Convertible and XF

Thanked 2,231 Times in 1,309 Posts

Brian [/QUOTE]

Brian

When did you get the F, and what colour is it, would like to see it sometime

Stu

Project Gruple http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...d.php?t=213155
Fusilier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2017, 14:08   #319
EastPete
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 CDTi Classic saloon, MGB GT, Skoda Yeti

Quote:
followed by a walk on the beach with Bitey McBiteface, then a leisurely drive home.

Brian
Brian - looking for a companion for Bitey ?? - available now !

Pete
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Maddie 08.17 001.jpg (125.6 KB, 24 views)
EastPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2017, 17:58   #320
sworks
Been absent for a while…

Rover 75 Tourer, Classic mini Cooper S, Abarth 595 competizione, MG TF and a Hyundai Tucson PHEV

Thanked 1,686 Times in 1,040 Posts

I didn't do anything with the 75, still sitting slightly broken

'Marmite' Possibly one of the most famous 75 tourers produced! left the production line as the last of only Three Rover 75 tourers produced in Trophy Yellow. 48 hours later Longbridge closed. The last sold ordered 75 Tourer. Paid for by the Phoenix Four and handed over by John Towers to the Warwickshire Northampton Air ambulance service as a Rapid Response vehicle
sworks is offline   Reply With Quote