Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 24th August 2020, 17:51   #11861
Maxfly
Loves to post

MG ZT 190 SE

Nice easy job of fitting my drivers cup holder today. Suits me fine as if I have a drink in the car I usually am by myself but if the brood are in tow then it’s a drink and food while pulled over and cup holders for everyone now means no balancing a drink somewhere for me ��

An in a similar them to others, once I made sure the carpets were dry, before I put them back down the other day I poured a full water can down each sunroof drain in turn with everything coming out the drains where it should and nowt in the car.
Maxfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2020, 18:39   #11862
Yakoff

Rover 75 saloon

Default Awkward plenum chamber!

After cleaning the car, I decided to check the plenum drains. Taking the top apart was fine, but it was very tight and crowded trying to get to the bottom drain hole. There was no water fortunately, but there were a few leaves, some of which were down the drain. The wiring loom at the back of the ecu makes it impossible to get a clear line of vision, but with some trial and error I managed to get a thin hose which I had taped to the end of the vacuum cleaner down to the drain hole and guided it in with a long screw driver. I switched on the cleaner and was rewarded with the sound of dry leaves "shooping" up into the vacuum! All done and flood safe for a while longer. 😊👍
Yakoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2020, 21:35   #11863
Slaya
Loves to post

MG ZT V6 160+, MG TF 135, Focus 1.6 Zetec

Evicted a couple a large Cellar Spiders that had decided to make a home under the bonnet as the car hasn't moved for a few weeks...

Quick wash down...getting ready to take the plunge and try a rattle can respray of my roof when/if the weather allows.
Slaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2020, 14:42   #11864
roverbarmy
This is my second home

Roverless + 1.7D Sportage

Thanked 2,021 Times in 1,449 Posts

Starter solenoid contacts and "plunger" replaced (much easier off the car I thought ) and spurious airbag light contacts cleaned and treated with contact cleaner. First time Varoom is back and no warning lights for the airbag connections. Result! Thanks to Arctic and the guys for advice and pics, much appreciated. Mike
Old 25th August 2020, 15:27   #11865
goltho
Can't help myself

Rover 75 CDTi 2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete View Post
Visited my saloon which has been in storage since October. Started first go, ran happily for half an hour and bumbled round the yard going through the gears as smoothly as ever.

Looks great. Did you fit the boot badge?

Dougie.
• Built 08/02/2005 @14:57 hrs: Registered 26/08/2005
• 122nd of 141 built that day
• British Racing Green Pearlescent (HFF)
• Sandstone leather with black piping (SPJ)
• 137,000 miles
goltho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2020, 18:49   #11866
Mike Noc
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDT Manual Connoisseur SE, Rover 75 CDT Automatic Connoisseur SE & a Freelander Td4.

Thanked 3,119 Times in 2,247 Posts

If he did he fitted it in exactly the same place as the factory used to fit them.
Mike Noc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2020, 18:34   #11867
p2roverman
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Connie Tourer & Connie SE Saloon & Club SE Tourer

Took the KV6 Connie tourer for Mot after a long struggle to sort an ABS warning light issue and inttermittant airbag warning light.

Passed with NO advisories, this is a first for any car I've sent for mot since the current system has been in place.
Guess I won't be so lucky when I take the spare KV6 next week.
p2roverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2020, 18:43   #11868
ADO282
Banned

ROVER 75 Connoisseur

Took advantage of a short break in the weather and applied a couple of coats of etch primer to the sills...........what a difference having them all in one colour rather than red oxide primer on the repairs, and grey stonechip on the bottom.

It is quite a lot darker than I thought, but it is stuck to the original paint like the proverbial to a blanket.

I'll leave is for a couple of days to harden then go over them in the base colour, then the clearcoat, after which it won't be far away from being MOT tested.
ADO282 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2020, 12:47   #11869
Jaxxx

Rover 75

Have just fitted a twin USB port in the armrest cubby, I wanted it to be always live so found one with an on/off switch.
Also got a USB adapter for the cig lighter, it's almost flush. I got a 90 degree charging cable so it can stay plugged in and the cig lighter cover can close. I ran the charging cable behind up to the slot above the stereo so my phone can sit in there and charge while being connected to the AUX in port.

Jaxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2020, 14:52   #11870
Mogart

Rover 75 Tourer

Default Aaaaaaargh nooooooooo!

Plenum tale of warning.
So planned to head of with my mountain bike yesterday to meet a few friends for a ride out.
The Rover had other ideas. Click click click. I assumed it was a flat batt so took the motorhome instead.
Tried jumping it this morning, to no benefit and there was some odd things with the warning lights....and a strange noise from the HVAC fan....disconnected battery sharpish - you know whats coming next....
Indeed the plenum was full to the brim, rodded out the side ones and the lower one was showing many cm of water. Cleared this easily (must have been a single big leaf or similar) It drained many litres of water.
Reconnecting the battery - it turned over but would not fire, so disconnected again and removed the eco - indeed there was evidence of water in the connectors - I unscrewed the ECU from the housing and dried it all out with a hair drier......reconnected and boom off we go, fired first time.....not sure how long this will last as water damage on circuit boards is I believe never a good thing and corrosion can set in....
I've done 2 trips to the tip (lucky me) and all seems OK, filled it up (48.1 mpg) and fingers crossed for the coming weeks...........

I'd rodded the plenums sometime during lockdown and 'thought' all was good - just goes to show how right the guru's are to do these regularly.

...in my defence - it did absolutely lash it down on Tuesday like I've never seen before - so I'm guessing simply overwhelmed the partially blocked drainage...

Last edited by Mogart; 27th August 2020 at 14:55.. Reason: Additional information
Mogart is offline   Reply With Quote