Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 2nd June 2007, 12:00   #1
myjess
Avid contributor

Rover 75 CDT

Default man, does it ever stop! now its ABS.

taking the outlaws to church this morning and I hear and feel the front right wheel brake chattering. UhOh says I, that's the ABS, but no fault light. So I'll leave them at Church and go look for the nearest Mechanic. On the way there, the ABS light comes on. No more chattering now of course.
I would assume that the RHS front wheel sensor is now defunct. But, I thought if the RHS wheel sensor went, then the speedo went also, but the speedo is fine!
Cruise control goes off again by itself but the felling of the brake chatter was on the Drivers side front, which is supposed to be the speedo signal from the ABS sensor. Maybe it's a common +12V feed to both front wheels and this is now intermittent.

Can anyone point to me to electrical diagrams on the ABS? IS Haynes up to date with this, or can anyone please have a look at RAVE and tell me which sensor does speedo, which does Cruise and if there is a common +12V or GND Feed between the two.

More here:
search .org for "man, does it ever stop! now its ABS"

Thank you.

Last edited by Kandyman; 2nd June 2007 at 13:27.. Reason: Link to .org removed
myjess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2007, 20:30   #2
Fraser Mitchell
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 2.5 V6 Club Auto

Look to see if the reluctor ring on the hub is loose or split. It is a common fault on ABS systems. If split or loose, it fools the ABS computer into thinking the wheel is locking, (although it obviously aint !). If you don't know, the reluctor ring has teeth which are counted by the ABS sensor.

Normally noticed at slow speeds not fast.
Fraser Mitchell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2007, 21:10   #3
myjess
Avid contributor

Rover 75 CDT

Haynes is a bust. I spent 19pounds in Halofords for it, specifically looking for the ABS sensor circuit diagrams, are they in there, NO!

Can someone please print out a pdf of Rave ABS circuit diagram and send it to me via pm?

Thank you.
Old 3rd June 2007, 08:37   #4
P5rover

rover75

Default help

hi sorry to hear about your trouble. i cant even navigate the site here. i need help on air intake hoses . can anyone help. is there a number i can ring and how do i join??
cheers
P5rover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2007, 09:00   #5
Kandyman
Banned

ROVER 75 2.5 V6 Connoisseur SE Limousine 2004

Hi P5rover,

Looks like you have already joined to me The club is free to join but there is a paypal link at the top of the screen where you can donate £3 to be come a subscriber of the club.
Kandyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2007, 18:37   #6
myjess
Avid contributor

Rover 75 CDT

Well, there we go. took off the front wheels and sure enough, NSF sensor wire unclipped and rubbed through to yellow wire copper breaking it. OSF was also unclipped but not rubbed through.

5A terminal block, some self almalgamating and a few cable ties for good measure and she is as good as gold again(except for fan).

Thanks for the help guys.