Closed Thread

Old 22nd July 2020, 07:14   #221
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,114 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stocktake View Post
What you saw is just typical, I do the shopping twice a week for our next door neighbours who are both shielding as they are over 75.

As you experienced whilst shopping some wear masks and even gloves, others nothing at all and will actually reach over you to grab something they want from the shelves.

I have always worn mask and gloves and take my own hand sanitiser, the lack of respect for others health and safety is astonishing.

The strange thing is there seems to be no in between, people appear to be all or nothing

It would appear that as this has gone on some people have lost their fear of this. To be honest i'm not sure if that is a good or bad thing
I wear 3 masks when I go to a supermarket or shopping centre and the bank. 1 surgical, then a cloth/bandana style and another surgical one on toP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCP440 View Post
She was expecting to be like last year when she spent a week either partying or having fun on the beach.

I did warn her but apparently I was being negative and she had seen it was all open on the news.

My reason for posting was to warn anybody who is going and expecting the usual Spain experience is not going to get it.

Not trying to be negative about all this but I think it will be a few years before we can expect what we consider normal returning.
This is why we aren’t going away in the caravan this year. The wife and daughter want to go to holiday camps where there are”things to do and entertainment on the evening” Well the club rooms and show bars are just not big enough to accommodate everyone on the sites. When you have sites with c 700 static caravans and 40-50 tourers, each with 4 -6 people in there just isn’t room for everyone .So the bars would not be able to open
normally due to social distancing rules. Give me a caravan in a field near a beach any day.

Last edited by RPWC; 22nd July 2020 at 07:17..
Old 23rd July 2020, 19:18   #222
Borg Warner
I really should get out more.......

None

A surge in Spain:

https://www.thelocal.es/20200723/spa...nd-half-months

Whilst those amongst who think they are safe:

https://www.dw.com/en/coronavirus-cl...ses/a-54293037

"But as mounting research suggests people who seem otherwise healthy may play a bigger role in spreading the virus than initially thought, experts are warning against complacency in the face of COVID-19.

Young adults and unexpected clusters

One reason for resurgences in coronavirus cases could be the number of people unaware that they are infected
."
Old 23rd July 2020, 21:17   #223
COLVERT
This is my second home

R75 Saloon.

Thanked 2,167 Times in 1,816 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borg Warner View Post
A surge in Spain:

https://www.thelocal.es/20200723/spa...nd-half-months

Whilst those amongst who think they are safe:

https://www.dw.com/en/coronavirus-cl...ses/a-54293037

"But as mounting research suggests people who seem otherwise healthy may play a bigger role in spreading the virus than initially thought, experts are warning against complacency in the face of COVID-19.

Young adults and unexpected clusters

One reason for resurgences in coronavirus cases could be the number of people unaware that they are infected
."
Wow. Infecting folk and not knowing that you're doing it.

Maybe Marinabrian is now spreading it about a bit.---
Old 23rd July 2020, 21:39   #224
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,973 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by COLVERT View Post
Your last reference---SWEDEN.

( Rather like most Brits think everybody else should learn to speak English )---When they go on holiday abroad they don't like to be surrounded by all those Foreigners speaking some weird language.---Lol. )
Murican attitude also. In case you cannot understand I will say it in my relatively fluent French.

THE .................................................. ..............

AMERRRRRREEEEEECANNNNNS .......................................

HAVE .................................................. ......

THIS AHHHHHH TAE CHOOOOOOOOOD ....................................

TOO
<holding up two fingers>

It is not gloss primer .............. it is duct tape silver!
Old 24th July 2020, 07:57   #225
Borg Warner
I really should get out more.......

None

Well it's mask up Friday:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-53522129

Guess the media will be reporting on who's wearing one and who isn't.

This will all over our screens too:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-53515078

Ours was delayed last year as they concentrated on the wrinklies, guess this year will be a planning and logistical nightmare.
Old 24th July 2020, 09:17   #226
planenut
Regional Secretary

Rover 1.8T Tourer

Thanked 2,036 Times in 1,264 Posts
Default U.S. To Try To Reduce Testing

Apparently....
(Reuters) - The United States is preparing to issue guidance on reducing “unnecessary” testing for COVID-19 as it works to cut turnaround times for tests, a senior U.S. health official said on Thursday.
Details of the guidance are still being hammered out but it would be aimed partly at discouraging COVID-19 patients who have completed home quarantine from getting retested before returning to work or school, said Brett Giroir, assistant secretary for health at the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
Speaking on a call with reporters, he said such unnecessary tests were “clogging up the system.”
“You do not need to be retested unless you are a critically ill person in the hospital or a very unusual case with immune suppression in which case you could shed virus for longer than seven or eight days,” he said.

I said, "Be Wary".
Old 24th July 2020, 13:40   #227
COLVERT
This is my second home

R75 Saloon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clf View Post
Murican attitude also. In case you cannot understand I will say it in my relatively fluent French.

THE .................................................. ..............

MuRRRRRRiiiiiiiiCANNNNNS .......................................

HAVE .................................................. ......

THIS AHHHHHH TAE CHOOOOOOOOOD ....................................

TOO
<holding up two fingers>

Sorry. Didn't quite catch that as I was sleeping.---Need a nudge to wake me up to switch on my hearing aid.--------Say again.----Bit louder please.---I'm over there
Old 24th July 2020, 17:27   #228
mileshawk56
Posted a thing or two

MGZT

July the 24th yes wear your mask but please wear gloves we are all the same, we handle items in the supermarket and the put them back on the shelf, no gloves your germs on that item!and then another customer does the same. Your masks are going to be almost useless in prevent infection passing if you dont wear gloves. And I fear this is a message that has not been given enough/any much attention. Chris S.
Old 25th July 2020, 14:42   #229
COLVERT
This is my second home

R75 Saloon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mileshawk56 View Post
July the 24th yes wear your mask but please wear gloves we are all the same, we handle items in the supermarket and the put them back on the shelf, no gloves your germs on that item!and then another customer does the same. Your masks are going to be almost useless in prevent infection passing if you dont wear gloves. And I fear this is a message that has not been given enough/any much attention. Chris S.
What you say is absolutely true.--

It's astounding that the real need for gloves has not been advocated by just about everybody as the virus bug can be passed on quite easily by touch.

The handles on super market trollies being cleaned, perhaps, several times a day won't do much to stop infection.

People pick up and put down products frequently when shopping. The fact that the trolley handle might be clean won't stop this kind of virus transfer.---

The main task of wearing a mask is to protect other folk. The wearing of gloves is to protect YOU !!!!!!!!

Think on it.---
Old 27th July 2020, 18:19   #230
mileshawk56
Posted a thing or two

MGZT

Had a tour around local beauty spots, AONB sites and country pubs between north Reading and the adjacent Thames Valley and Vale of Oxford on Sunday. They were as I have never seen the like before, jammed with cars and people-"they think its all over" I hope so but I fear not. Chris S.
Closed Thread