Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Events and Meets > Regional Events Forum: The South East
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 5th July 2020, 15:46   #11
G.F
Regular poster

ZT Saloon CDTi 135+ & 75 2.0 V6 ppd

Number 6. You got me thinking.
I'm inclined to agree i don't think the figures are correct. I think it's far worse!

And to add to the list, 2 days ago I had to cremate my mother. The hardest thing I've ever had to do.
Cause of death covid-19.
She tested positive. Beat it. (Pretty good going for an 87 year old). Technically she died of other ailments which were also included on the death certificate but without covid-19 weakening her body she'd still be alive today.
I, like you, could not take the threat seriously at the start. But I did my bit and followed the rules. Now I'm one of at least 47000 families in this country who have gone through the worst this disease can bring.
I have no axe to grind. I'm not blaming anyone, except maybe the source of the disease, but what does make my blood boil is the arrogance of people that disrespect others by thinking it won't happen to them. It could and it's devastating but also you could pass it on to someone who might die from it too. Also, medical professionals are now saying being cured of covid-19 doesn't always mean you are totally well again. It could mean you'll have an increased risk of heart attack, stroke and possibly require a lung transplant.
It could be 60 years before the actual full impact and implications are known. And that's from this wave only.
So go ahead, pack out the pubs and clubs and in 20 years when you need new lungs and there aren't any because all the healthy ones are either being used or you're too far down the list of importance, I hope you don't look back wishing you'd maybe done a bit more to stop it spreading.

Anyway, good job I was only thinking all that and didn't write it down..........

I'm up for a drive out to somewhere open. In the South East it's not so difficult to find somewhere we can visit and still follow the guidance. Bring it on!
Look forward to seeing some other R40s and their owners.
Suggestions of places to go..... Battle of Britain Museum Hawkinge. Or we could get takeaways and park near the coast when the morons packing the beaches have started heading home.
A socially distant mini car show / meet would be doable.
Old 5th July 2020, 17:12   #12
BRG75
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer, 9th & 10th Rovers

Very sorry to hear about your mother Gary, please accept our sincere commiserations, Mike & Jan.

With regards to a drive out to somewhere open, that's probably the best that we can do at the moment; and I do have somewhere in mind.

We've been thinking about the fish market, in Old Hastings. Parking is available on the beach (chargeable) and there are both fresh white fish and shell fish stalls there, going from memory.

I suspect that they are more likely to be open on a Saturday, than a Sunday, but I'll check that out.

Once I can put some firm details up, I'll do so.

Regards

Mike & Jan

Previously
2002 75 1.8 auto Club SE,
2000 75 1.8 auto Classic SE (Company Car)
1997 420 (Company Car)
1996 216 cabriolet,
198? 213 VDP
1986 SD1 V8 VDP,
1968 2000TC,
1966 2000.
BRG75 is offline   Reply With Quote