Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 9th November 2009, 16:18   #1
payner75t
Gets stuck in

Saab 900 convertible,Ford Mondeo zetec tdci

Default my 75 to be pampered !!!

i mentioned in a thread a while back that i reckoned i would need to spend a £700 or so to get sorted , all this before the head gasket appeared to fail for a second time.i thought of getting rid of it .
well i am not ,iam going to get the head gasket done plus all the other bits and pieces ,as i have just spent £1k less than budgetted for,for a new people carrier, i have decided to invest that money to get the 75 in tip top shape as me and my children can't bear to get rid of it!!!!
payner75t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2009, 18:36   #2
Telferstr
Posted a thing or two

Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross 3. 1.5 Petrol 6 Speed Manual Gearbox. Great fan of the Mk1 75 which I had 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by payner75t View Post
i mentioned in a thread a while back that i reckoned i would need to spend a £700 or so to get sorted , all this before the head gasket appeared to fail for a second time.i thought of getting rid of it .
well i am not ,iam going to get the head gasket done plus all the other bits and pieces ,as i have just spent £1k less than budgetted for,for a new people carrier, i have decided to invest that money to get the 75 in tip top shape as me and my children can't bear to get rid of it!!!!
Hi Payner,
My usual theme, but must ask the question. Are you having the repair done, using the full Modified Cylinder Head Kit ZUA000080, ensuring that all 3 items are fitted by someone who knows what they are doing, and also knows what to look out for on the 1.8 K Series engine to ensure it is repaired correctly?
If you are not doing so, then do not waste your money.
Regards,
Telfer.
PS Have a read of this Link http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...ad.php?t=35570 Item 4 down deals with the Head Gasket problem and what should be done.

Last edited by Telferstr; 9th November 2009 at 19:30..
Telferstr is offline   Reply With Quote