Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 25th April 2008, 21:06   #21
Simon
Banned

-

Do you know what radio you have? Is it one of these: http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/index.php?thepage=ice ?

Often the radio code is etched/written onto the radio casing itself. If you have the Symphony radio then you shouldn't normally have a code as most of these didn't have them enabled from the factory.
Simon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2008, 21:10   #22
brum29
Passed Away

Rover 75 Tourer 2L CDT Club SE 2002

Red face

Yes it was the first one on the list, sorry for being a div.KB
brum29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2008, 21:14   #23
Simon
Banned

-

Quote:
Originally Posted by brum29 View Post
Yes it was the first one on the list, sorry for being a div.KB
Nobody is considered a 'div' - most people, myself included, knew little about our cars until we started gaining knowledge from others. I'm lucky to be in the position to pass on that knowledge to fellow car owners - I'm sure you'll be in the same position before you know it

As for the radio code - you will need to remove the radio from the dashboard in order for you to see if it is is etched onto the radio itself or on a sticker on it. For instructions on how to remove a radio see here: http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...ead.php?t=2142
Simon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2008, 21:20   #24
stocktake
Vis Whiz

Rover 75 2.5 auto Saloon

Thanked 3,056 Times in 1,621 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon View Post
Nobody is considered a 'div' - most people, myself included, knew little about our cars until we started gaining knowledge from others.
I second that statement Simon, not had mine a year yet. Never heard of a plenum thingy when I first came on here. Always aking for help and always got it.
Done so many things now and thanks to the forum saved a small fortune. ( spent a large one on upgrades though)

Lost a few stones and a Gall Bladder and part of a bile duct and all of my dignity in the suppository incident
stocktake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2008, 05:39   #25
ikorodu
Loves to post

Rover 75 Facelift Conn SE Tourer CDTi Manual

Not wishing to doubt what your diagnostic people have said, but have you tried unplugging your MAF sensor as Roverron suggested? I sounds like a classic MAF failure.

Just a suggestion. Did the garage that did the diagnostic have the right kit, i.e. a Testbook T4?

Rob

PS see here for more on MAFs http://tuning-diesels.com/75Zt/R75serv.htm
ikorodu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2008, 07:58   #26
brum29
Passed Away

Thumbs up

Hi to all again, thanks for your help and suggestions, will be attempting the challenge after lunch and will keep you posted.

As said I went to a garage that's on this site and they are called Viking, I don't know what make or model the machine is but it's the same one as Rover used at the factory, so they told me. They said all the other reading were OK but had funny/unusual reading on the injector things in that fuel was being feed into the engine on an erratic basic, please bear in mind most of what he was saying was going way over my head but I did get the conclusion that they said a new ECU was required.

Thanks for the radio tip. Wish me luck, lots of it please. Cheers KB
Old 26th April 2008, 08:06   #27
Keith
This is my second home

ZT400

Brum do us a favour put your car details in your profile and please to you and all newbies do read the instructions that I placed in the sticky at the top of the tech forum.

We don't ask for much but at least an indication in the thread title and user profile of the engine really does help otherwise You could well be sent on a wild goose chase.

As for your problem Ron is probably spot on disconect the maf and see what happens as doing so is a completely free test that you yourself can do
Keith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2008, 12:35   #28
brum29
Passed Away

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
Brum do us a favour put your car details in your profile and please to you and all newbies do read the instructions that I placed in the sticky at the top of the tech forum.

We don't ask for much but at least an indication in the thread title and user profile of the engine really does help otherwise You could well be sent on a wild goose chase.

As for your problem Ron is probably spot on disconect the maf and see what happens as doing so is a completely free test that you yourself can do
Thanks for the quiet telling off Keith, but give me a bit of a break I've only been a member a couple of days and I'm trying to find out some answers to what is for me a serious problem, not used to having my car break down on me. There's that much to look at and find out what's where I feel lucky I've got this far but in due time I'm sure I will get the hang of things and observe the correct protocol. You mention I could test for free the MAF, as I have said repeatedly "I knowa nuthin" about these things I sure you could have told me what it is, where it is and how do I test it. Will try to do better next time. Cheers KB
Old 26th April 2008, 17:21   #29
ikorodu
Loves to post

Rover 75 Facelift Conn SE Tourer CDTi Manual

Quote:
Originally Posted by brum29 View Post
Thanks for the quiet telling off Keith, but give me a bit of a break I've only been a member a couple of days and I'm trying to find out some answers to what is for me a serious problem, not used to having my car break down on me. There's that much to look at and find out what's where I feel lucky I've got this far but in due time I'm sure I will get the hang of things and observe the correct protocol. You mention I could test for free the MAF, as I have said repeatedly "I knowa nuthin" about these things I sure you could have told me what it is, where it is and how do I test it. Will try to do better next time. Cheers KB
If you follow the link in my previous post it will take you to ron's page which has details and pictures of the location of the maf sensor. Simply unplug the plug from the sensor. If this improves things then get a new maf.

Rob
ikorodu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2008, 18:55   #30
Kandyman
Banned

ROVER 75 2.5 V6 Connoisseur SE Limousine 2004

brum don't worry if yore not posting or asking question in the right forum/way the mod's are helpful and will move or offer help where needed .

after all it's what were here for
Kandyman is offline   Reply With Quote