Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 7th April 2009, 06:56   #1
sunman

Rover 75 2.0 CDT

Default Rover 75 (51 plate) 2.0 CDT non start

I have a Rover 75 2.00CDT which I have "inherited". It won't start. Towed it to my local garage for diagnostics. That showed there was insufficient fuel pressure to allow starting. However, mechanic showed me the doagnostics report and that also said that the immobiliser ecu (EWS) was faulty. Mecahnic suggested that although he was aware of the problems caused by the main ECU being in the scuttle pan, he believed that the lack of fuel pressure at the common rail diesel end was due to immobilisation problems. He has "powered up" the two low pressure fuel pumps and has got fuel right up to the high pressure pump but no fuel pressure at the rail. Ignition live feed to the fuel relay has been lost (prob the immobilser)

My questions are, how to you reprogramme the EWS unit? What is the process? If a second hand unit is sourced, who could match the EWS unit to the main ECU? My man doesn't have the necessary software on his Autodiagnose system.
sunman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2009, 07:05   #2
Greeners

MG-ZTT

Thanked 1,249 Times in 1,036 Posts

Welcome along

Not aware of an EWS unit going faulty, and if the garage doesn't have a testbook, not sure how he's diagnosed that it is.

Usual promplem on diesels, is either one or both fuel pumps failing.

Check out the link below for diesels.
Greeners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2009, 07:06   #3
Greeners

MG-ZTT

Thanked 1,249 Times in 1,036 Posts

oh....other check to make, is the main ECU that lives in the plenum chamber, it may have been flooded.
Greeners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2009, 10:30   #4
bl52krz
This is my second home

Rover 75 cdt club + Rover 2.5 KV6 Conni SE

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,729 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greeners View Post
oh....other check to make, is the main ECU that lives in the plenum chamber, it may have been flooded.
worth
welcome to the best club for 75/mg firstly.
just an easy job, try taking the connection off the underbonnet fuel pump. this is at the back of the engine bay, near the battery box. it is actually attached to the box.
when you have got it off, check for corrosion on contacts, then put a little smear of vaseline, not grease, on the contacts, and recconecta try.
bl52krz is offline   Reply With Quote