Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 29th July 2015, 07:40   #1
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool 5,000 posts

Well today I have reached the 5000th marker.

Been here on the Forum for almost 5 years. Made countless friends. A few have left to follow other adventures, sadly a few have taken the hands of the angels.
In these 5000 posts I have learnt a lot and saved 100's of pounds in repairs following the advice of my many friends.

I have travelled all over the UK to shows, meets and visited new friends. I was invited to "show" Banana at MG 90 last year. Blue Thunder was invited to the NEC in 2012 to represent the 260's on the club stand, and the crowning glory was for Banana to be invited to attend the NEC last year.

Since owning Banana she has won a staggering 10 awards. Was chuffed to be voted No.1 ZT at this years National at Sparkford, and for the best in class at Gretna this month. In 2013 Banana picked up 3 awards at the MG Saloon car day at Duxford. Best MG ZT, Best MG in Show and Best Modified.

I have been overwhelmed by everyone's kindness not only to me but kind words about Banana. She is a very special car to me for without her I would not be writing this. Banana has kept me sane.

Through this club I became one of the lucky ones to own a V8. No.155 in Mirage Blue bought from a member on here. Lovely car but cost me to much to keep. So after 2 years and 15,000 miles I sold her. She is still around and still going strong. Next on the list was Baby Banana, MG TF in Sunspot, bought on a whim. Nice car but had issues, so after 6 months and 5,000 miles she departed but not before a 3rd car joined the team.

I bought Redfive from Ian has I wanted a nice reliable car to use whilst Banana was off of the road for work to be carried out. Also I knew that one day Ian would want back into the club. I turned down £4000 for Redfive at Duxford last year as I was determined to keep the car. But circumstances have changed and she has now gone to a new Lady owner. And with Ian's blessings. 14 months and 15,000 miles.

Ian & Jan have become very special friends to me and it was through this club that we met at the National in Calne in 2010.

So what next? Keeping Banana but no plan's to buy any other cars just yet. Will be putting my flat on the market by the end of next month and pulling up my roots to move down to the West Country. Been in love with Dorset since my Mum & Dad took me there on holiday over 55 years ago.

The health issue I have is ongoing. I start a new course of medication in a couple of weeks. Been told to carry on as normal but at a reduced pace. No more driving 5 hours to attend a show then driving home again. I have cut down, only been to 32 shows so far this year.

So here's to the next 5000 posts and to meet more new friends. And for "The Flying Banana" to brighten up a few more meets, and cover a few more miles. 91,000 miles so far.

P.S And the best £10 spent to be a member of an amazing club.

233,431. That’s our second meet done, no.3 next weekend.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote