Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 8th January 2020, 18:19   #1
Mogodon
Gets stuck in

MG ZT 135+ Diesel Auto Mk2. Nisan Micra 1.4 SVE Auto.

Default Selling car. but not like the pics, naughty or not ?

Do members here think it's a tad misleading to advertise a car for sale with pictures of it with lots of toys and upgrades on it, at a price which is reasonable for the car as pictured, to then at the bottom of the description, list the toys and upgrades not included, and will be removed after sale and standard parts refitted (returning it to bog standard, unlike in the pictures) or can be left on for extra cost.

I think that's rather naughty, and if not included, should not be in the pictures on the vehicle.

Saw this for an MG for sale on a FB group (a lovely toyed up MG that would after sale only be a bog standard car again), seen with other cars as well over there.
Plenum spyhole mod. Powerflow backbox. 11 spoke alloys repainted Black Sparkle. Black Expansion tank. Drivers side cup holder. PPD carpeted heater box sides. Illuminated sun visors, PPD Door reflectors. PPD Seatbelt lower mount bolt covers. PPD Drivers grab handle. Cubby rechargeable torch and power socket. FBH retro-fitted. FBH engine pre-heater mod done. Electric rear Sunblind. Tow bar. Flip key. MGR towing mirrors and Saloon roof bars.

Hand Built in Birmingham
Mogodon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2020, 18:35   #2
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mogodon View Post
Do members here think it's a tad misleading to advertise a car for sale with pictures of it with lots of toys and upgrades on it, at a price which is reasonable for the car as pictured, to then at the bottom of the description, list the toys and upgrades not included, and will be removed after sale and standard parts refitted (returning it to bog standard, unlike in the pictures) or can be left on for extra cost.

I think that's rather naughty, and if not included, should not be in the pictures on the vehicle.

Saw this for an MG for sale on a FB group (a lovely toyed up MG that would after sale only be a bog standard car again), seen with other cars as well over there.
Seller wasn't from Peterborough by any chance
marinabrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2020, 18:44   #3
Dallas
This is my second home

1979 Capri 1.6L, 1982 Capri 1.6L, 2016 Dacia Stepway

Thanked 3,397 Times in 2,218 Posts

What upgrades are we talking about?

Depends on the buyer I guess, as some people prefer their cars to be left standard, and if that means the car can be purchased at a lower price, then quids in I say...

Generally the car would be worth more against its classic status once brought back to its original condition, some mods and upgrades can devalue a car.

The seller obviously thinks the car is worth more with all the upgrades and wants to get good money for what he has paid out, but in fairness it doesn't always work like that.
Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2020, 19:06   #4
Mogodon
Gets stuck in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas View Post
What upgrades are we talking about?

Depends on the buyer I guess, as some people prefer their cars to be left standard, and if that means the car can be purchased at a lower price, then quids in I say...

Generally the car would be worth more against its classic status once brought back to its original condition, some mods and upgrades can devalue a car.

The seller obviously thinks the car is worth more with all the upgrades and wants to get good money for what he has paid out, but in fairness it doesn't always work like that.
The ones I remember were the Mg7 rear lights, the Mg7 heater control and the headrests with DVD screens built in and front bumper with DRL'S were to be removed after sale and standard parts replaced.

But were all on the car in the advertisement which if I'm paying over 2 grand for a ZT I'd expect to be included.
Plenum spyhole mod. Powerflow backbox. 11 spoke alloys repainted Black Sparkle. Black Expansion tank. Drivers side cup holder. PPD carpeted heater box sides. Illuminated sun visors, PPD Door reflectors. PPD Seatbelt lower mount bolt covers. PPD Drivers grab handle. Cubby rechargeable torch and power socket. FBH retro-fitted. FBH engine pre-heater mod done. Electric rear Sunblind. Tow bar. Flip key. MGR towing mirrors and Saloon roof bars.

Hand Built in Birmingham

Last edited by Mogodon; 8th January 2020 at 19:18..
Old 8th January 2020, 19:19   #5
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool

I would have removed the items before putting the car up For Sale.

232750. Over 3 months since I drove Banana.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2020, 19:27   #6
Mogodon
Gets stuck in

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYING BANANA View Post
I would have removed the items before putting the car up For Sale.
Which is to me the decent & honest thing to do.

Even more so if your asking top money as I'd be so disappointed if the pictures show a nice upgraded car, I agree to pay top money for said car and then go to collect, and get given a standard car like just about every other one on the road.

Hand Built in Birmingham
Old 8th January 2020, 21:52   #7
bl52krz
This is my second home

Rover 75 cdt club + Rover 2.5 KV6 Conni SE

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,729 Posts

Simples. Don’t contact the seller if you are not satisfied. Game over. He will realise he has dropped a boo boo.
Old 8th January 2020, 22:23   #8
COLVERT
This is my second home

R75 Saloon.

Thanked 2,167 Times in 1,816 Posts

It would be a bit of a con except for the fact there was a list of parts going to be removed.----
COLVERT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2020, 23:15   #9
bikerdude666
Posted a thing or two

Jaguar Xe diseasal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mogodon View Post
Which is to me the decent & honest thing to do.

Even more so if your asking top money as I'd be so disappointed if the pictures show a nice upgraded car, I agree to pay top money for said car and then go to collect, and get given a standard car like just about every other one on the road.
Except you wouldn’t, because you’d have read the list of what will be removed.

I can understand not putting the time in to change parts, that the new owner may want anyway. It’d be misleading to show it ‘upgraded’ and not mention anything in the ad, and only say those are extra when someone goes to view it. Personally I’d like to see a photo included of the condition of the parts to be fitted if I didn’t want the extras.
bikerdude666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2020, 04:56   #10
Les4048
This is my second home

Rover 75 Tourer/ MG ZT-T 400

Thanked 1,523 Times in 869 Posts

I’m confused as you state in #1 that parts not included in the sale of the car and will be removed and these would be left on if an extra amount of money is to be paid yet you’re disappointed that these have been removed because you’re paying the figure stated in the ad for the car after the parts have been removed. If you’re not happy you walk away and leave the seller with the car or you pay the extra for the parts so the car is as shown in the picture because you did state that’s what the deal was or I have not read your post correctly

Last edited by Les4048; 9th January 2020 at 04:58..
Les4048 is offline   Reply With Quote