Notices

Old 26th December 2019, 17:02   #11
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,973 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbev51 View Post
I’m afraid we have descended into a make believe world where everything is true and nothing is lies.
We havent, we always were, it simply depended on your own viewpoint, paranoia (ie your interpretation) and the particular leanings of the source you read or hear it from.

Quote:
People just choose what to believe. I’m off out of the country Shortly until late in March, cannot bear to be here on January 31st.
just make sure you bring your passport - also ensuring it isnt going to expire in the next three months, your birth certificate - the long one would be preferable, but you may get away with the short one, a driving licence - a non EU one if you still have it and also 3 of your most recent previous utility bills for a UK based utility company - 3 most recent bank statements may also suffice, but since the banking system will collapse, these may not not be verifiable. As long as you have these, re-entry into the country should be feasible (just remember, if driving, to remove any EU flags, and have at least one 'proud to be british' text over union flag stickers in the rear window).

It is a sad/unfortunate situation and one I am disappointed to be part of, but it WAS democratically created (twice now! one open, and one veiled). Which is NOT a situation the population related to the original post have to live in, but the difference in our situation and theirs, is we CAN chose to remain and deal with it, or leave and live elsewhere. You have this choice. Make it or deal with it.

I mean this most sincerely, enjoy your trip/holiday/work (whatever it may be). Life is way too short to complain about what HAS happened.

It is not gloss primer .............. it is duct tape silver!
clf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th December 2019, 18:31   #12
mbev51
Banned

Removed

I have always accepted the will of the people, and part of me has always thought that it’s better to have brexit so that it can be exposed for what it is, a poisoned chalice that soon will destroy the right wing nationalist party, who have taken over the Tory party.

What I don’t want to personally witness is people celebrating a victory at the end of January. Luckily NE India beckons.
mbev51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th December 2019, 19:07   #13
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,973 Posts

Quote:
I have always accepted the will of the people, and part of me has always thought that it’s better to have brexit so that it can be exposed for what it is, a poisoned chalice that soon will destroy the right wing nationalist party, who have taken over the Tory party.

What I don’t want to personally witness is people celebrating a victory at the end of January. Luckily NE India beckons.
why NE India though, when Hong Kong could do with support?

Right wing or not (I dont believe they are, just their support base has been ignorantly or perhaps cleverly manipulated - think about it), they were voted into power, even if almost by default, but they are here now and legitimately. As the liberal I suspect you to be, you cannot deny it. You cannot refuse the will of the people. Stand by your convictions, deal with it, and stop complaining about or crying foul over it.

Yet still this has nothing to do with the OP (except perhaps for my tongue in cheek comment on HK?). For which I apologise.

It is not gloss primer .............. it is duct tape silver!
clf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th December 2019, 20:13   #14
wraymond
I will find or make a way

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts

What a load of cobblers again. Grow up, we hope you don't get yet another topical and sincere thread closed.

On topic, the tragedy is that we can't trust social media tropes or hard-done-by-martyrs because there are so many believers-in-anything knuckle draggers on the loose.

Some reports will be crass, there always was that in other formats. Worthwhile causes suffer due to malevolent immature fantasising of no-life tragic non-entities leeching a living off the masses then retreating into their caves to savour their destructive vandalism. A poxx on them.

They drive us further down the road to monitoring of any honest public discourse. This event just might be genuine - who would turn away a call for help without careful thought?

Last edited by wraymond; 26th December 2019 at 20:16..
wraymond is offline   Reply With Quote