Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 25th November 2019, 16:33   #11
ALPACA
Gets stuck in

MG HS EXCLUSIVE DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avulon View Post
Excuse my confusion, rear ended by another driver - how does excess factor in? Or have you made the classic mistake of making a claim from your own insurer instead of the third party responsible?
We should get the excess back as Pat was in no way at fault and an innocent party, once the case is sorted and closed. We got a Police CAD number, though no injuries or propery damage so the Police did not get involved as such. We went straight to our insurers Churchill, and Pat had had the good sense to get details of all 4 cars involved, everey drivers name and details, and even photographs at the scene.

Insurance arranged to have a hire car for us Tuesday, and take Roxy away... then phoned and said the automatic arranged was not available, so I sent detailed photos of the damage and they assessed from those. It was always going to be a write off as the bumper and fittings alone total almost 800 quid from Rimmer Bros

Pat doesn't get a hire car as it wasn't taken to the garage to be assessed. So now she has no car and still has to get to work. Once we get the car away for repairs, then I'm not sure... don't know if we can get a hire car from insurance or at our own expense.....

First major crash for either of us so all new territory
MG HS EXCLUSIVE DCT - Dynamic Red Tri-Coat with Sardana red Bader leather interior. K&N filter.Weathershields.Mudflaps.Sundshades.Slot mats.Quilted rear seat protector.Latch guards.Fabric & rubber mats.Fabric & rubber Loadliners.Full alloy spare.MG seatbelt covers.Aussie chrome tailgate strip & bumper protector.Autoglymn lifeshine.Indonesian tailgate badge.Chrome steering wheel cover.
ALPACA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2019, 16:37   #12
ALPACA
Gets stuck in

MG HS EXCLUSIVE DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by macafee2 View Post
I don't quite understand why making a claim to the third party insurance is any difference then making it via your own. In fact one insurance company wont deal with a member of the public, only another insurance company, well that's what that insurance company said

macafee2
That is my understanding too. We've given all details to our insurance and they are dealing with it. They have told my wife that they 'blame' the driver who was driving the white car that hit both Pat and the car behind her but she wont answer calls so they will put it in writing, so I assumed her insurance company will be informed and lock horns with my wife's.

All new and confusing for us, but hopefully we can get resolved and have Roxy back on the road.
MG HS EXCLUSIVE DCT - Dynamic Red Tri-Coat with Sardana red Bader leather interior. K&N filter.Weathershields.Mudflaps.Sundshades.Slot mats.Quilted rear seat protector.Latch guards.Fabric & rubber mats.Fabric & rubber Loadliners.Full alloy spare.MG seatbelt covers.Aussie chrome tailgate strip & bumper protector.Autoglymn lifeshine.Indonesian tailgate badge.Chrome steering wheel cover.
Old 25th November 2019, 16:39   #13
ALPACA
Gets stuck in

MG HS EXCLUSIVE DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by macafee2 View Post
sorry to hear of the incident but glad your wife is ok even if a little shaken

macafee2
Thank you very much. Yes I'm really proud of her coolness in a tough situation. Very shaken, very upset and got all the details of all 4 vehicles and drivers involved and photos, Police names, numbers and CAD number. Top girl
Old 25th November 2019, 16:56   #14
RoverP480
Gets stuck in

None at the moment

Glad your wife is OK, I guess the car did its job properly and protected her.
I have in the past successfully claimed direct from the 3rd parties insurance without involving my own other than advising them of the incident , but as their are 4 vehicles involved it can get messy

Last edited by RoverP480; 25th November 2019 at 17:00..
RoverP480 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2019, 17:20   #15
steve-45
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon CDTi

Thanked 1,089 Times in 774 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALPACA View Post
Have owned Roxyfor ten years now, and a couple of years ago my wife took her over after my dad (WUZERK here on the forum)passed away, leaving me his identical 75 Connie SE, Bluebelle.

My Wife loves Roxy and both cars are naturally very sentimental as dad did so much work on them both. Anyway, she was rear ended on the commute home a couple of nights ago, ironically by car containing a work colleague who's girlfriend was driving. I knew Roxy would be written off, and today had confirmation. A grand in valuation less an excess of 300 quid. Parkers say 385 private and 975 dealer, so it seems fair to me.

So once they give us a buy back price, we will try and find a body shop who will do the work. Needs a complete new rear bumper and spraying to HFF green, possibly one or more reversing sensors, the fittings and the rear lower wing pulled out, smoothed and resprayed. I know a new primer'd bumper can be sourced from Rimmer Bros for 285.00, so thats a start.

Always paid top price for insurance, but I still can't help but think it's so unfair, through no fault of my wife's we will now be without her car for a while, and severely out of pocket once we've had the work done. Will have to pay for hire car as it won't come under insurance, nor did the wife get a hire car as the assessors said they could not supply an automatic and wrote the car off on the photographs I sent them. I guess it all comes down to the joys of motoring.. Positives are, my wife wasn't hurt at all, and there's a damn good chance the old girl will be back on the road soon.... .. Roxy that is, not the wife

I am sure you will be able to get a rear bumper and all the fixings much cheaper than that from one of the traders on here or a breakers.

I know when someone rear ended my 45 saloon I was shocked that the chrome strips alone were nearly £300. I got a second hand boot lid plus bumper and trim for £75.
steve-45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2019, 18:36   #16
Nobby
Aged to perfection!

Rover 75 Conn SE Tourer

Is the X-Part close-call scheme still running where the X-Part team reassess the cost of parts and quote a revised lower price in order to try to prevent Rovers being written off because of the price of parts? Might be worth looking into

Sometimes I talk to myself, Then we both LAUGH!

Nobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2019, 19:05   #17
wraymond
I will find or make a way

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts

Unfortunately there is an unhelpful condition applying to insurance companies and associated repairers. They will not, usually never, allow used components in repairs. It is understandable in the case of safety related components but we can not always be sure there are no mutual interest agreements between insurers and the motor industry. Possibly illegal, but neither side have spotless reputations.
Old 25th November 2019, 19:11   #18
steve-45
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon CDTi

Thanked 1,089 Times in 774 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wraymond View Post
Unfortunately there is an unhelpful condition applying to insurance companies and associated repairers. They will not, usually never, allow used components in repairs. It is understandable in the case of safety related components but we can not always be sure there are no mutual interest agreements between insurers and the motor industry. Possibly illegal, but neither side have spotless reputations.
Understandable if the insurance company is repairing the vehicle, but if you have bought back the vehicle as salvage and are using a private repairer they can’t stop you using recycled parts.
steve-45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2019, 19:29   #19
Nobby
Aged to perfection!

Rover 75 Conn SE Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wraymond View Post
The X-Part scheme are new items not recycled and Rimmers are part of the scheme https://rimmerbros.com/content--name...ver-close-call. They have put in place between themselves a system where by any Rover/MG owner can get in touch with them and ask for a preferential price for the parts, if paying a price for the part would put the car as unrepairable due to cost.

Sometimes I talk to myself, Then we both LAUGH!

Nobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2019, 19:40   #20
ALPACA
Gets stuck in

MG HS EXCLUSIVE DCT

Just to update the story, I have bought Roxy back for Ninety quid and Pat will be refunded the excess when all is done and dusted as she was completely free of blame.

I've approached a company recommended by garage that MOT and service my two 75's, photographs sent and hopefully I will get a yes and a quote soon. Insurance wise my wife has to have the car MOT'd again after work completed to prove it's roadworthiness/safety compliance I guess.

I can't source and fit the parts myself as I'm just not technically good enough with the DIY/repairs, and with welding involved and panel work and respraying, that rules me out of the equation. So as it stands I have 910 quid towards repairs, and hopefully after some inconvenience, Roxy will be back on the road sometime in the near future