Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 14th October 2019, 07:34   #51
Rev Jules
Rev Jules

Rover 75 Tourer+

Thanked 3,929 Times in 2,051 Posts

I know people mean well discussing Climate Change, and I am well aware it needs to be addressed, but why is being shoved down our throats on here?

Rev.
Rev Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2019, 10:00   #52
kaiser
This is my second home

75 Tourer 2.5 Auto, 1.8T, 75V8ZT

The only way you can get confronted by anything written here, is if you click on this thread.
I suggest you refrain from doing so, if it upsets you.
Old 14th October 2019, 10:05   #53
kaiser
This is my second home

And here is an article how the adoption of EV will reduce state revenue, and how, to compensate, you will pay with personal freedom.

https://oilprice.com/Alternative-Ene...-Adoption.html
Old 14th October 2019, 11:35   #54
wraymond
I will find or make a way

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts

Kaiser, or xx if you prefer, I'm sure I'm missing something. In posts 72 & 79 you mention 'you' but, at least for me, the object is unclear. May I ask you again who your intended audience is ie: an individual or a wider aspect. I wouldn't want to misunderstand your meaning. Thanks.
Old 14th October 2019, 11:44   #55
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,565 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancpudn View Post
Yes I can see ructions happening here, I've been reading that Birmingham city council are voting on a WPL (workplace parking levy) like Scotland voted for the other day on Tuesday 15th Oct to implement a £500/parking space to get people out of cars & onto public transport.

https://airqualitynews.com/2019/10/1...-parking-levy/

It's now got the Royal seal of approval in the environmental bill this morning. https://airqualitynews.com/2019/10/1...ion-confirmed/

Blessed are the tea makers.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b...auto-2000_auto
Lancpudn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2019, 12:32   #56
kaiser
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by wraymond View Post
Kaiser, or xx if you prefer, I'm sure I'm missing something. In posts 72 & 79 you mention 'you' but, at least for me, the object is unclear. May I ask you again who your intended audience is ie: an individual or a wider aspect. I wouldn't want to misunderstand your meaning. Thanks.
I don't share your concern. The meaning does not change whichever way you interpret the word "you".
And as I am all for free expression and free choice, I will leave it to you how you want to define "you".
Old 14th October 2019, 13:28   #57
kaiser
This is my second home

Driving a car requires an infrastructure like roads and bridges etc. Established tax practice used to be that if you wanted to use these roads, you, as a road user, would have to pay for construction and maintenance. I think that principle is well established and regarded as fair, if fairly implemented

I would be unhappy if I, as a cyclist, would have to subsidize you as an electric vehicle user, for using the infrastructure.
No doubt any government would be forced to consider the users of EVs to pay their fair share of such infrastructure. Currently that is done via a tax on the fuel you use. So if you don't drive, you pay nothing, if you drive, you pay proportionally to the amount you use of fuel.

Now, how would that be done for electric vehicles?
Old 14th October 2019, 15:17   #58
mileshawk56
Posted a thing or two

MGZT

You pay a Vehicle Excise Tax(VEL) to use a vehicle on a road, its been done before, say £300.00 per 4wheeled, and £100.00 increase for another 2wheels. Pollution tax paid by maker on each vehicle at 10% of Retail sale price. No "special cases" Chris.S.
mileshawk56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2019, 15:21   #59
wraymond
I will find or make a way

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts

Simple. Every charging point, even domestic outlets, to contain a mini dedicated meter, they are very simple. Commercial establishments to charge before plug release or have credit card inserted prior to charging. Domestic charge points have separate tariffs which are added to usual domestic direct debit bills. These can be changed remotely to reflect duties payable as in smart meters so tax imperatives can be maintained. However, if total charges are equivalent to liquid fuel usage there is no cost advantage so will affect roll-out. Cost will always be a factor. There will be glitches, but there is minimal hardware, no outer premises or staff overheads and instant disconnection where required. Provider revenue (and their corp. tax) is liable.

Last edited by wraymond; 14th October 2019 at 15:25..
wraymond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2019, 15:35   #60
kaiser
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by wraymond View Post
Simple. Every charging point, even domestic outlets, to contain a mini dedicated meter, they are very simple. Commercial establishments to charge before plug release or have credit card inserted prior to charging. Domestic charge points have separate tariffs which are added to usual domestic direct debit bills. These can be changed remotely to reflect duties payable as in smart meters so tax imperatives can be maintained. However, if total charges are equivalent to liquid fuel usage there is no cost advantage so will affect roll-out. Cost will always be a factor. There will be glitches, but there is minimal hardware, no outer premises or staff overheads and instant disconnection where required. Provider revenue (and their corp. tax) is liable.

How are you going to differentiate between domestic use of electricity and the charging of an EV?.