Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 12th November 2015, 20:55   #21
barney bear
This is my second home

rover 75 Connoiseur diesel called Rosey

Thanked 2,001 Times in 1,424 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by freck View Post
I apologise Tony, I thought that the police had told you it was cloned.
The police should be following this up though surely, this person has committed a crime!

I suppose the other direction to follow is to speak to your insurance company, they should be able to trace the perpetrator.......if he's insured that is
The problem with that is Sophie is only 24 and she is the main driver of our Rosey. I'd rather just buy a wing and fit it myself then I know the insurance will not sky rocket next year.

I agree about the police following it up but as the officer said, unless the car was written off or somebody was seriously hurt then the police down south would not do anything about it as they are "too busy to bother" The Officer she spoke to is going to keep on digging though as he really doesn't like people who flee the scene of an accident
Old 12th November 2015, 21:02   #22
freck
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 CDT Connie Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by barney bear View Post
The problem with that is Sophie is only 24 and she is the main driver of our Rosey. I'd rather just buy a wing and fit it myself then I know the insurance will not sky rocket next year.

I agree about the police following it up but as the officer said, unless the car was written off or somebody was seriously hurt then the police down south would not do anything about it as they are "too busy to bother" The Officer she spoke to is going to keep on digging though as he really doesn't like people who flee the scene of an accident
At least one officer is willing to do their job properly. It's a disgrace that the Hampshire police can't be bothered when a crime has been committed, hopefully you'll get an acceptable outcome.
You have been lucky to get a copper helping though, I've been waiting 3 months for them to come and sort out my statement after being knocked off my motorbike

Mods planned - Cruise retrofit - Done, ZT front bumper - Done, 160 remap - Done...and probably one or two more

This vehicle was the 15,751st 75 Tourer to run off the production line, out of 27,407
This vehicle was the 3,726th 75 Tourer CDT Connoisseur to be made out of 4,100
This vehicle was the 732nd 75 Tourer in Starlight Silver (code: MBB) to be made out of 4,100 Starlight Silver 75 Tourers
freck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2015, 13:37   #23
RobSun
Gets stuck in

MGZTT

The reasons for the police not acting on any minor chrime is simply down to government cuts resulting in fewer police available and so no time to investigate.

I recently had a conversation with a senior police officer who had been to a meeting at the home office with a senior civil serving re the further cuts coming soon to his force. He would not be specific but made his thoughts known about the effects the savage cuts were having now on policing and public safety and the future could only be made worse by what is coming and should be stopped. The reply he was given was not good. The cuts will continue and increase. This government wants Britain to be " a self policing state". I asked what the hell is that supposed to mean. Basically the police will investigate major chrome, Joe public will have to look after themselves as far as minor chrome is involved. Lock doors fit alarms CCTV etc etc to protect yourselves and make sure you are well insured.

Cynical me but was this what Cameron meant by his caring society and all in it together. Well the future doesn't look good to me for us ordinary folk.
RobSun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2015, 13:39   #24
MrDoodles
Banned

MG ZT+ V6 190

Thanked 1,196 Times in 818 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobSun View Post
Cynical me but was this what Cameron meant by his caring society and all in it together. Well the future doesn't look good to me for us ordinary folk.
Especially now you're not allowed to own a hand gun!
MrDoodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2015, 13:52   #25
bl52krz
This is my second home

Rover 75 cdt club + Rover 2.5 KV6 Conni SE

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,729 Posts

So, the law has been broken and the police have decided that they are not bothered sic. Then I suggest that you make a appointment to see your local M.P. I can assure you that the police will react in a favourable way. From my own experience by the way, because they will have to make a 'proper reply'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDoodles View Post
Especially now you're not allowed to own a hand gun!
Sorry Mr Doodle to correct you, but you are allowed to own a hand gun.The provision is that the barrel length must be over 6inches. So clever Mr Blair conned the population that you could not own a hand gun. I had two, a Smith&Wesson Magnum, and a 45 Semi automatic. I could not own either, so handed them in along with my ammunition making press and powder. The irony is that if I had wanted to, I could have bought a Python S&W 8 inch barrel, and carried on with my hobby. I could tell you other things about that part of the goings on, but will not.Amen

Last edited by Dragrad; 16th November 2015 at 01:37.. Reason: Consecutive posts - use the edit or Multi-quote :-)
bl52krz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2015, 14:12   #26
ratchet
Posted a thing or two

ZT-T + CTDI

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just been outside and spotted this........ we think we know who the culprits are, but proving it may be difficult. It appears to have happened in the car park at the wife's work. She'll be checking the cctv next week !

ratchet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2015, 15:18   #27
tourer
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Tourer CDT Auto.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobSun View Post
The reasons for the police not acting on any minor chrime is simply down to government cuts resulting in fewer police available and so no time to investigate.

I recently had a conversation with a senior police officer who had been to a meeting at the home office with a senior civil serving re the further cuts coming soon to his force. He would not be specific but made his thoughts known about the effects the savage cuts were having now on policing and public safety and the future could only be made worse by what is coming and should be stopped. The reply he was given was not good. The cuts will continue and increase. This government wants Britain to be " a self policing state". I asked what the hell is that supposed to mean. Basically the police will investigate major chrome, Joe public will have to look after themselves as far as minor chrome is involved. Lock doors fit alarms CCTV etc etc to protect yourselves and make sure you are well insured.

Right! So we are meant to be self-policing.
You try taking the law into your own hands with swift retribution, and then see how many policeman and vehicles turn up rapidly, carting you off in handcuffs!
tourer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2015, 16:01   #28
Number 6
This is my second home

Rover 75 tourer Club CD/Limo Tints

Thanked 1,609 Times in 869 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tourer View Post
Right! So we are meant to be self-policing.
You try taking the law into your own hands with swift retribution, and then see how many policeman and vehicles turn up rapidly, carting you off in handcuffs!
I would take that chance If I could inflict some serious damage to the perpetrator

"I started out with nothing, and Ive still got most of it left!"
Number 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2015, 21:14   #29
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

http://www.hampshire-pcc.gov.uk/Home.aspx

https://www.hampshire-pcc.gov.uk/Con...ontact-Us.aspx

worth a try

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2015, 22:12   #30
Saga Lout
This is my second home

MG ZT and Rover 75,

Thanked 2,685 Times in 1,037 Posts
Default Oh Yes..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 6 View Post
I would take that chance If I could inflict some serious damage to the perpetrator
Been there, done that..It still ranks among the greatest feelings of my life. The satisfaction of knowing he failed and got hurt trying is still a fresh memory..If he'd been able to run faster he'd have got away with it but, I was faster....I'm going to sleep on a nice memory now.......
Saga Lout is offline   Reply With Quote