Old 22nd July 2019, 18:04   #147611
coolcat
This is my second home

Audi Q3 TDI S-Line Quattro

Thanked 12,235 Times in 8,232 Posts

Wow.....32c at 19.00hrs here in Acle.

It's silly hot

Untitled by Jeff Cranwell, on Flickr

Decided that it is just too hot to go to the pub for dinner so cooking some grub on board instead

Still got a couple of beers left in the fridge to keep hydrated with........Happy days
Old 22nd July 2019, 21:46   #147612
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcat View Post
Wow.....32c at 19.00hrs here in Acle.

It's silly hot:eek

Decided that it is just too hot to go to the pub for dinner so cooking some grub on board instead

Still got a couple of beers left in the fridge to keep hydrated with........Happy days
Several years ago Jeff, we did a site visit to a salt lake in East Africa where the daytime temperatures were around 38-40C. At the site we met the tribe, as we were asked to show them how to build an eco village. Whilst we were visiting, we met a young American researcher who was carrying out research into Lion behavior on the lake.

He was sleeping on an old rusty Victorian bed inside a tent. Rather cleverly, he had built himself an Air Conditioning unit using a solar panel and a car battery. Your a resourceful man Jeff, can’t you build an A/C unit for your cabin? just a thought in passing
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2019, 22:03   #147613
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancpudn View Post
LOL It's all I've got these days
Whos let you out of the Vestry? go and play with yer cassock & surplices

I've just had an email from the Co-0p bank saying they need me to update my details for security reasons and have a mobile phone number to use my online bank account & I need to use that card reader doodah (which I put in a safe place but cant find it) otherwise I wont be able to use my account I hate all this malarkey.

The chap at the Co-Op is sending out a new card reader I'm supposed to shove my debit card into to get a security number or something
It’s all designed to protect your money. By coincidence Ian, I am also with the Coop and I also have a card reader. There is a video on their website which shows how to use it, step by step. I spoke to them today to let them know I am using my debit card tomorrow to pay a large bill. They have asked I ring in the morning so my payment is not blocked as a fraud, which is reassuring. A few years ago, the bank went through a difficult time and did wonder if it was going to survive or not. It had made some unwise take overs and the CEO at the time had confessed to being a Cocaine addict. Thank goodness he went and the bank didn’t go under
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2019, 05:54   #147614
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool

Morning all.

Misty again this morning but it looks as if the sun is making an early appearance.

No new glasses for me then. And don’t have to go back for two years. Happy days.

Gardening today.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2019, 06:20   #147615
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,565 Posts

Morning everyone, the sun is up & looks like another sweaty day on the cards....Bah humbug.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate Keeper View Post
It’s all designed to protect your money. By coincidence Ian, I am also with the Coop and I also have a card reader. There is a video on their website which shows how to use it, step by step. I spoke to them today to let them know I am using my debit card tomorrow to pay a large bill. They have asked I ring in the morning so my payment is not blocked as a fraud, which is reassuring. A few years ago, the bank went through a difficult time and did wonder if it was going to survive or not. It had made some unwise take overs and the CEO at the time had confessed to being a Cocaine addict. Thank goodness he went and the bank didn’t go under

Morning Phil, Thanks I'll have a look at that video about their card reader later as I've not a clue what to do with those things

You haven't got much choice other than online banking these days, Most of the small regional banks have closed down with just the large town/city centre branches open now. I hate those places & avoid them as much as possible.

Yes I remember that guy in charge at the time and almost bringing the Co-Op bank down, He was no more qualified to run a bank than I was. Ridiculous state of affairs.

Blessed are the tea makers.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b...auto-2000_auto
Lancpudn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2019, 07:01   #147616
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,114 Posts

Morning, brilliant sunshine today, went out for a bike ride last night, did the usual 8 miles. Myself and my son stopped at the pub half way for some liquid refreshment, ( pint of Diet Coke each).
Old 23rd July 2019, 07:19   #147617
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

Morning all, 23.5 on the temp display driving in to work, gonna be a tad warm today ☀️☀️☀️
Old 23rd July 2019, 07:47   #147618
coolcat
This is my second home

Morning from a very hot Norfolk Broads.........My wet weather curse has lifted

Untitled by Jeff Cranwell, on Flickr
Old 23rd July 2019, 07:51   #147619
coolcat
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate Keeper View Post
Several years ago Jeff, we did a site visit to a salt lake in East Africa where the daytime temperatures were around 38-40C. At the site we met the tribe, as we were asked to show them how to build an eco village. Whilst we were visiting, we met a young American researcher who was carrying out research into Lion behavior on the lake.

He was sleeping on an old rusty Victorian bed inside a tent. Rather cleverly, he had built himself an Air Conditioning unit using a solar panel and a car battery. Your a resourceful man Jeff, can’t you build an A/C unit for your cabin? just a thought in passing
Morning Phi,

A/C on a boat requires a genset to run it. Due to the moisture content on boats they need to be very big and power hungry units.

Even portable home units aren't efficient enough sadly.

Might have to invest in a mozzy killer after last night though
Old 23rd July 2019, 08:36   #147620
Rogue
I really should get out more.......

75 CDT SE 160 Saloon

Thanked 1,096 Times in 774 Posts

Currently 18 degrees at work ... Aircon is working fine here

Glutton for punishment --- Previously ... 2.6 SD1 x 2, 3.5 SD1, 820S, 820Si x2, 216 Gsi, 220T saloon, 414, 45 1.4 x2 and now a Cowley 75 CDT
Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote