Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 15th September 2015, 09:30   #1
Rick-sta
This is my second home

MG ZT 2.0 CDTI+ in Typhoon, MG TF 135 in Typhoon & Rover 75 Connoisseur CDTI SE in Pearl Black

Thanked 2,827 Times in 1,462 Posts
Default Members near Blackburn, could you keep a look out please?

A member on one of the facebook pages posted a comment on a pic of my ZT saying that he spotted it on the M65 Shadsworth exit last week as he recognised my reg plate R19KMG.

However, it definitely wasn't me as my car was down in Essex last week and it's never been further north than Birmingham whilst I've owned it. The ZT he saw didn't have quad exhausts either so definitely wasn't mine he saw.

Not really worried, probably just another ZT with a similar reg plate, but just in case anyone does spot it in that area could they let me know please?

Cheers,
Rick
How to restore cloudy projector headlights Link

Last edited by Rick-sta; 15th September 2015 at 09:35..
Rick-sta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2015, 10:00   #2
Phil-Hex
Gets stuck in

Typhoon ZT-T CDTi Bittersweet 135 TF

i'll go have a drive round this afternoon and see if i can see anything....... but i aint stopping!!
Phil-Hex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2015, 10:06   #3
Saga Lout
This is my second home

MG ZT and Rover 75,

Thanked 2,685 Times in 1,037 Posts
Default It's Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick-sta View Post
A member on one of the facebook pages posted a comment on a pic of my ZT saying that he spotted it on the M65 Shadsworth exit last week as he recognised my reg plate R19KMG.

However, it definitely wasn't me as my car was down in Essex last week and it's never been further north than Birmingham whilst I've owned it. The ZT he saw didn't have quad exhausts either so definitely wasn't mine he saw.

Not really worried, probably just another ZT with a similar reg plate, but just in case anyone does spot it in that area could they let me know please?

Cheers,
Rick
I'd phone the Police to report what you've been told, It's highly likely you could have been duplicated and, you are now helping an uninsured driver avoid the law...If it is a dupe, you are doing the rest of us a favour and maybe it will stop a lot of heartache. You might get pulled over but that's no hardship.
Saga Lout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2015, 10:35   #4
Rick-sta
This is my second home

MG ZT 2.0 CDTI+ in Typhoon, MG TF 135 in Typhoon & Rover 75 Connoisseur CDTI SE in Pearl Black

Thanked 2,827 Times in 1,462 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil-Hex View Post
i'll go have a drive round this afternoon and see if i can see anything....... but i aint stopping!!
Thanks Phil No need to go out looking for it, just put this thread out in case someone does see it on their travels. If it is a clone it may have just been passing through that area on that day and could be from a completely different area.

Quote:
I'd phone the Police to report what you've been told, It's highly likely you could have been duplicated and, you are now helping an uninsured driver avoid the law...If it is a dupe, you are doing the rest of us a favour and maybe it will stop a lot of heartache. You might get pulled over but that's no hardship.
Just waiting for the chap who thinks he saw my car to confirm if he's 100% sure it's the same reg first. He says it was the same colour as mine too. Seems like a awful lot of trouble to find a car the same as mine and then clone the plate if he's up to no good.

There's a lot of private plates available for sale starting in R19, so might just be a similar reg. A local member down here in the south east has a similar plate to mine on a MKII ZT starting in R19.
How to restore cloudy projector headlights Link

Last edited by Rick-sta; 15th September 2015 at 10:45..
Rick-sta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2015, 11:16   #5
Poggit
Gets stuck in

Nissan Leaf

Im only ten mile from Blackburn-we often go over at weekends to marvel at the electric street lights On a more serious note I will keep my eyes peeled.