Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 2nd January 2011, 12:21   #101
Radioguy
Banned

None

I have the first 2 Grills on the way to Germany this week, I will let you all know how they go.

Sean
Radioguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2011, 12:25   #102
trebor
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDTi Connoisseur SE & MG ZT Saloon 190

Thanked 1,877 Times in 885 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radioguy View Post
I have the first 2 Grills on the way to Germany this week, I will let you all know how they go.

Sean
thats good news Sean thank for the update

Robs Car Gallery

Coven near Wolverhampton WV9

2000 Cowley Built Rover 75 2.0 V6 Club SE/ Atlantic Blue/ Sandstone/Walnut (daily driver)
2003 Land Rover Freelander 1 TD4 HSE Helsinki Blue/Black Leather (swmbo daily driver)
trebor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2011, 12:30   #103
T-Cut
This is my second home

Rover75 and Mreg Corsa.

Thanked 3,660 Times in 2,924 Posts

Quote:
I have the first 2 Grills on the way - - - -
Can you remind us on this? Is there a group order? I forget what was planned (if anything).

TC
T-Cut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2011, 12:33   #104
Radioguy
Banned

None

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Cut View Post
Can you remind us on this? Is there a group order? I forget what was planned (if anything).

TC

Hi , TC, Nothing Planned at the Moment, Alot of talk about what will fit and what will not so this is the best way
Trial and error. I may bump my head but my head is pretty hard !

Sean
Radioguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2011, 12:51   #105
48rov06
Loves to post

75 connoisseur se cdti tourer 2006 tempest grey

Quote:

Sean
Hi Radioguy good to see you are working away to try to get the parts us lot want to modify our cars :xmas-smiley-031: regards Alan

Last edited by 48rov06; 2nd January 2011 at 12:51.. Reason: error
48rov06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2011, 16:04   #106
T-Cut
This is my second home

Rover75 and Mreg Corsa.

Thanked 3,660 Times in 2,924 Posts

Quote:
Nothing Planned at the Moment, Alot of talk about what will fit and what will not so this is the best way
Trial and error.
Ah, so I haven't missed out on any plan. I've convinced myself that the MG7 grill will fit (albeit using a DIY fitting). I'm down on a list somewhere (?) and still keen to get one of these or an OEM premium. I've not got anywhere yet and can't make head nor tail of the Hangzhou Rongyi website.

TC
T-Cut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2011, 16:51   #107
Dragos Caraulan

Rover 75 CDTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor View Post
ok 5/6 badges now, still need a few more who are willing to take a £20 punt.

I have not yet ordered my grille but have the premium bumper, Steve has posted the grille ordering details in post 82 above and as far as i know you dont need any part number to order.

Post 88 above has a picture of what the grille looks like on a 75, and you will see that the grille badge recess is hectagonal for a traditional MG badge, so to make this a success we need a Rover badge in a hectagonal shape which is what i am hopefully going to have made.

To repeat: the badges will only be £10 each but there are initial tooling costs of £120 so if 10 badges were ordered they would effectively cost about £20 each which includes the tooling costs and thereafter would become cheaper.

Now i have some interest from a few members I will e mail the company today and ask for a sketch which i can post in this thread asap

Hi,
I'm also intersted to buy a chrome grille surround and badge for a premium front bumper. Just inform me how is possible to do this.
Thank's!!!
Dragos
Dragos Caraulan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2011, 16:56   #108
trebor
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragos Caraulan View Post
Hi,
I'm also intersted to buy a chrome grille surround and badge for a premium front bumper. Just inform me how is possible to do this.
Thank's!!!
Dragos
ok Dragos, will add you to my badge list, now at 6/7 in total, just keep watching this thread for more details of the both the badge and grille.

Re the badge i will pm all those interested to sort out the payment details as soon as i get a reply from the manufacturer and can post up a picture of what it will look like

Robs Car Gallery

2000 Cowley Built Rover 75 2.0 V6 Club SE/ Atlantic Blue/ Sandstone/Walnut (daily driver)
2003 Land Rover Freelander 1 TD4 HSE Helsinki Blue/Black Leather (swmbo daily driver)
Old 2nd January 2011, 17:24   #109
K£150N
Loves to post

Hi guys, Rob, Steve...

I've managed to place my hand on a correctly coloured premium bumper but seem to have drawn a blank on the chrome mg7 grille. I was in contact with a Joana from Steve's info. on post #82 but after getting a reply I've had no more correspondence.

Can I get some clarification that a hexagonal badge is required because looking back at Stubies earlier attempts the badge needn't be that shape?!

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...ghlight=stubie

If the grille that comes in requires this then please but me down for one.

I'd be very grateful for further info. from those in the know?!

Many thanks from a slighty confused Rob :xmas-smiley-009:
K£150N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2011, 17:43   #110
trebor
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by K£150N View Post
Hi guys, Rob, Steve...

I've managed to place my hand on a correctly coloured premium bumper but seem to have drawn a blank on the chrome mg7 grille. I was in contact with a Joana from Steve's info. on post #82 but after getting a reply I've had no more correspondence.

Can I get some clarification that a hexagonal badge is required because looking back at Stubies earlier attempts the badge needn't be that shape?!

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...ghlight=stubie

If the grille that comes in requires this then please but me down for one.

I'd be very grateful for furher info. from those in the know?!

Many thanks from a slighty confused Rob :xmas-smiley-009:

What i can say is that when Steve ordered his suround from China he was told that it was for a Rover 75 but when it arrived is has the hectagonal recess for an MG type badge not the shield shape for a Rover badge.

Steve contacted the seller to see if they had another type of surround as
originally promised but without luck, so if we use this source we need a hectagonal Rover badge

look at post 16 in this thread and you will see there are 2 types of bumper, picture 1 in post 16 is the Rowe and you will note that the chrome surround goes over the lip of the bonnet front edge, so although this has a shield badge recess it will not fit the premium 75 bumpers on sale over here.

Picture 2 in post 16 shows a typical 75 premium bumper which we are trying to get a chrome surround for, the one in the picture is an original so has the shield badge recess but the grille Steve has which can be made to fit this bumper type has the octagonal badge recess, so you either badge your Rover as an MG, or we get a custom made badge, hope this clarifies things a bit.

Robs Car Gallery

Last edited by trebor; 2nd January 2011 at 17:55..