Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Club Classifieds > Members Cars For-Sale
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 27th April 2017, 16:30   #1
JimSharp39
Loves to post

Rover 75 saloon

Default Firefrost 75 Diesel manual with 38,000 miles

I want to sell my Rover 75 Connoisseur; I’ve had it almost two years (1/6/15) and its proved very reliable – 100% reliable in fact with only consumables used. The basic specs are it’s a 2005 saloon in Firefrost Red and sandstone interior with manual gearbox and the diesel engine. I don’t smoke and the cig lighter in the centre console is unused. Its done around 38,100 genuine miles. It has a years MoT (to 30 April 2018). There was one advisory that the offside tyre will soon be needing replaced. It has around a half a tank of fuel. It’s now SORNed.

The car is cat C. However, it has no mechanical or body damage. It was written off because it was vandalised with white paint poured over the roof. The paint turned out to be emulsion which powerwashed off. I bought it knowing this. There is no evidence of the paint remaining. It is 12 years old so it has a few scratches and a small 5p sized dent on the bonnet, but no accident damage whatsoever. The car is owned by me outright, no outstanding finance. I’m putting it on here first in that I hope it will attract an enthusiast as it’s too nice to go to the general market. If it doesn’t go here, I’ll be punting it on Ebay. I’ve contributed occasionally here and have saved many skinned knuckles and ££s with the knowledge shared.

When I bought the car, I serviced it (myself knowing it was done properly). Oil, filter, air filter, pollen filter, crankcase filter and gearbox oil. I’ve maintained it religiously subsequently and the next oil service reminder is at around 3000 miles now. Nothing leaks or drips.

I bought it as a very plain cloth trimmed connoisseur with no particular upgrades, and since then I have ‘improved’ it extensively including many PPD reinstatements. Full list as follows as best as I can remember…front to back:
• Gold fan resistor (climate works perfectly, holds its charge and blows cold)
• MGZT Mk1 bumper. I changed this to satisfy my own aesthetics: I really hated the Mk2 nose. No other reason. Painted to match the car.
• MK1 projector headlights
• Twin horns high/low
• Headlight washers
• Mk1 side indicator repeaters (the Mk 2’s all seem to leak)
• Bonnet cable box mod
• Rover branded engine cover from early car
• Black screenwash cap
• Team Heko wind deflectors on the front doors only
• Added Mk1 outboard drain tubes and plenums are dry (as is the boot)
• I have fitted orange led ambient lighting to the cabin (in the roof console) and both front footwells, as well as the rear doors. Come on with the ignition
• I have fitted front footwell courtesy lights. Come on with the interior lighting.
• Wood rimmed steering wheel which has audio and cruise buttons. However the car does not have cruise. I looked to find any of the wiring which would allow me to do this but unfortunately mine was one of the late poverty ones that had no upgrade paths pre-wired (similarly it has no loom for the heated washers nor for rear PDC). I did fit a cruise button in the centre panel as well as a TC button, but the car has neither.
• Simon’s chrome vents
• Radioguy Wince6 double din. It lights blue. I also have a spare Radioguy Wince5 which I will throw in also. It lights orange, but there is no sound output on DVD playback). The Wince5 has much less appealing screen display but does have RDS, but strangely the newer Wince6 screen layout looks much better but lack RDS. There is an IGO sat nav sd card – working. The steering wheel controls work properly with the unit. It has a users guide and remote control as well.
• Drivers side cupholder (guaranteed pointless unless at a standstill but I found one at a scrappy so in it went)
• Illuminated sun visors
• I found a nice Rover 800 document wallet, so the owners manual and books live in that
• ZT perforated leather gear knob, gaiter and handbrake. Lovely feel in the hand, and look right in the cabin
• Mk1 IPK (ie it lights orange) bought new and installed properly and initialised by Doopydog in Kirkcaldy using T4. Correct mileage data carried over and no error messages showing, The message centre works perfectly and is unlined. I do have a MK1 time clock (ie orange lighting) but I couldn’t be bothered installing it. It will be in the box of stuff which will go with the car.
• Twin piped sandstone leather, manual and unheated. Lovely condition. Even the seat back pockets haven’t been pulled off.
• Sunglasses/specs holder in place of drivers side grab handle.
• Rover carpet mats
• MK1 carpeted heater closure panels
• Chrome mirror skullcaps
• Seatbelt bolt covers (OCD-tastic)
• Genuine leather front armrest
• Mk1 velour edged door seals all round
• Mk1 sill kick panels
• Embossed Rover headrests on the front seats AND on the two outer rear seats. They look fab in the back.
• Manual sunblind on rear shelf
• Harmon Kardon speakers front and rear doors. Harmon Kardon tweeters in front door, the ones that were in the front doors, I moved to the rear doors so the rear doors also have tweeters now. There is no HK sub.
• Full size alloy spare (it not the same design as the ones on the car, but it’s the same size, genuine R75 and is not a spacesaver!)
• Mk1 thicker boot floor carpet
• Fire extinguisher in the boot
• Bootlid pull strap (from a VX Vectra…no more dirty fingers)
• MK1 rear light access panels installed
• Folding rear seats work perfectly
• Club sticker in the rear window
• Debadged at the rear
• C pillar trims from Mk1 car (ie rover logo not union flag badge)
• It has mudflaps all round from new and the four jacking pads are in place
• I have a small Firefrost paint pot for touch-ups and some Stubies sandstone leather dye/paint stuff
• I have one original key on a rover dealer keyring which works and isn’t worn out. I also have a working key blade fitted in a flip key shell, along with a virgin chip and a few circuit boards, if you wanted to get it working. I CBA getting it all sorted after acquiring all the bits.

I also have a box of spares, clips, fuses, relays and bits which I have collected over time which I will include. It has stuff like trim clips, spare jacking pads, screws, cantrail plugs, door cables, handles, locks, and general bits I’ve picked up at scrappies thinking “that might be useful” I also have new Mintex front disc and pads which I intended fitting for 2016’s MoT but which I CBA fitting in the end – my MOT guy did them, so I have an unused set which will also be thrown in. I also fitted new Mintex rear pads and disks and rebuilt the handbrake last week for this years MOT, along with a nsr wheel bearing which was grumbling; the handbrake is good.

It has no faults real or suspected that I know about. The nearside front tyre loses about 10 psi over a fortnight. I expect it needs reseated, but I live with it as it gives a good reason to do the weekly air and fluid checks and I have a compressor so its not a big deal.

It had my private plate on: BCU685 which is now off. It got back its original SV54SVA, and has a smiley rear number plate. I just transferred it today online so I don’t yet have the replacement V5 yet. I have a small file of papers from the previous owner, including MoTs and the original Peter Vardy purchase invoice.

So why sell? I have thoroughly enjoyed and spent a lot of time and money ‘improving’ the car – I just want something newer, more airbags and with an auto. The Rover was car I always thought looked the part when it was new, and it still makes my head turn in the car park.

I will happily send pix by email to anyone interested after reading the description. I’m not going to try and upload to the site.

I know its Cat C, however its not a damaged repaired. I’ve used it for almost two years without issue. I am not going to enter into lengthy discussions about values and the marker’s effect on that, and I’m not looking to solicit offers. If you want it, it’s £1000 in cash, no offers, no bank transfers, no paypal. I’ll happily pick anyone interested up from the rail station. The car is in Kirkcaldy, Fife, and is my property to sell.
JimSharp39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2017, 12:37   #2
JimSharp39
Loves to post

Rover 75 saloon

Default Car has now been sold

Subject to uplift
Thanks to all those who expressed an interest.
Jim
JimSharp39 is offline   Reply With Quote