Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 21st June 2017, 15:36   #41
TomRS
Posted a thing or two

Mk1 ZT 190 - Mk2 ZS 180 - Mercedes E63 AMG S - Ford Ranger Hawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas View Post
To true, there is already a decline in vehicle salvage/scrap yards where punters can walk in and take parts of cars. The government and the car manufactures aim is to phase this out, no used parts to be fitted to vehicles anymore, must only be new approved parts. I was told this 5 years ago by my large local scrap merchant (Charles Trent Ltd) leaders in vehicle recycling, its already happening.

Salvage yards are to be used only for vehicle disposal, nothing else. All families will be FITTED with new cars, most will be bought on HP/finance, more schemes will be offered (this is what will make the most money).

We've just done the new car thing, and it has turned out terrible, news on that later.

All us car enthusiast are doomed, the future seems not so bright in our eyes it seems.
We are mate, Goverment dont like motorsport and cars mate, thats why they are trying so hard to cull it all down.
Car meets, track days, motorsport events it gets more and more stick as the years go by... stricter rules and emissions etc.
Honestly this country will end up being like a dictatorship cos nothing fun will ever happen.
Cars are my life and have been since i was old enough to speak... my dad has heavy roots in rallying, so i get it from him
I have so much more i want to do but i feel its all going to come to a slow demise.
TomRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2017, 16:01   #42
murphyv310
This is my second home

Hyundai i10 998cc

Thanked 2,298 Times in 1,349 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomRS View Post
We are mate, Goverment dont like motorsport and cars mate, thats why they are trying so hard to cull it all down.
Car meets, track days, motorsport events it gets more and more stick as the years go by... stricter rules and emissions etc.
Honestly this country will end up being like a dictatorship cos nothing fun will ever happen.
Cars are my life and have been since i was old enough to speak... my dad has heavy roots in rallying, so i get it from him
I have so much more i want to do but i feel its all going to come to a slow demise.

Time to petition the government to see sense and rid us of the EU' s regulations for a start.
Old 22nd June 2017, 15:45   #43
TomRS
Posted a thing or two

Mk1 ZT 190 - Mk2 ZS 180 - Mercedes E63 AMG S - Ford Ranger Hawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by murphyv310 View Post
Time to petition the government to see sense and rid us of the EU' s regulations for a start.
Well i did hear that we are finally starting the motions to leave the EU but that'll be another 3-5yrs surely before we are fully gone?
TomRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2017, 06:09   #44
Neil1
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT-T CDTI Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomRS View Post
I don't believe that at all.
I love F1, Bacu this weekend.
With the amount of money invested in that and what it brings far outweighs what some of the bureaucrats think.
Neil1 is offline   Reply With Quote