Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 20th May 2011, 22:56   #1
bl52krz
This is my second home

Rover 75 cdt club + Rover 2.5 KV6 Conni SE

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,729 Posts
Default Satnav/actual mpg

Well we got back o/k. This morning filled up with diesel at Asda as usual. Went home and started to work out the m.p.g. Looked at the satnav and the average m.p.g. was 49.67.
We covered 1030 miles and used 19.62 gallon of liquid gold, which works out to near enough 52.5 m.p.g.. We travelled at between 70/80mph in France/Germany, and on the way back in Blighty, we travelled nearer the 80/85mark. I think that is quite good after reading the reports of some members who only get 43/47 mpg.
We were 4 up and defi a full boot.
Also before we went, i bought 4 new Goodyear Efficientgrip tyres from Tyresrus @£59.00 each all in. I had Goodyear NCT5 on before which seem to be a good tyre for wear and noise, but the Efficientgrip seem to be quieter running. Supposed to be give more mpg as well. Will report later on the wear factor.
Old 21st May 2011, 20:45   #2
rossocorsa
Posted a thing or two

None

since getting our cdti truly sorted (well as best as I can) it will easily hit 49 to 50 mpg on a decent run, that's with synergy turned up high and the display corrected against actual brim to brim it's an auto box too! Last year when we first got it we couldn't get better than about 38! The biggest improvement came oddly enough from replacing the fuel pumps but it has also had in line thermostat (91 degree stat) synergy/pcv/ egr by pass and the mark 1 intake mod, I'm thinking to go the whole hog with the intake and chop it off at the engine cover as the wife says I'm smokin' too much when she's behind in the TF
rossocorsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2011, 22:35   #3
bl52krz
This is my second home

Rover 75 cdt club + Rover 2.5 KV6 Conni SE

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,729 Posts

Hi.My cdt has not been modified in any way. Unless the engine is out of tune, i have always found that any car i have had, has met the mpg figure quoted, or more.I think this is down to driving style. My right foot is not very heavy, and find that if you read the road ahead, you can do exactly what it say's on the tin. My actual average for this year is,45.27 mpg, this is from the begining of the year, the lowest recorded is 36.22.
Yes i know, i must be sick, but you can soon see if there is anything wrong with your car if you keep a check on mpg.