Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 22nd July 2022, 13:09   #11
Mike Noc
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDT Manual Connoisseur SE, Rover 75 CDT Automatic Connoisseur SE & a Freelander Td4.

Thanked 3,119 Times in 2,247 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sworks View Post
Incidentally my car has just started doing this too but as soon as I drive T4 stops communicating. I don’t really want to fire the parts canon at it so I’ve parked I up for another day and I’m using one of our other cars
I've had that on my car Mark, but if I keep below 15mph the T4 continues to communicate. Strange.

Quote:
Originally Posted by r44flyer View Post
Not T4 but an Autel 808... smooth graphs for all 4 sensors but the pulsing is not so pronounced at the moment, so it's verging on intermittent.

It's definitely cyclical, not random. So now I'm thinking a bearing is breaking down. Brake discs? Possibly but they're either warped or not and would always be bad and never better at times surely?
Yes if it is cyclical then probably one or two of the magnetic reluctor segments are weak and not always being sensed. A generous air gap between the sensor and reluctor won't help though, so worth checking they are correctly seated.
Can't see it being a brake disc problem - as you say it would neither come and go or only happen at low speeds if it was.
Mike Noc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2022, 18:27   #12
r44flyer
Loves to post

MG ZT-T CDTi 135+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Noc View Post
I've had that on my car Mark, but if I keep below 15mph the T4 continues to communicate. Strange.
Same story with the Autel, so I presume the car locks it out.
r44flyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2022, 19:08   #13
sworks
Been absent for a while…

Rover 75 Tourer, Classic mini Cooper S, Abarth 595 competizione, MG TF and a Hyundai Tucson PHEV

Thanked 1,686 Times in 1,040 Posts

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by r44flyer View Post
Same story with the Autel, so I presume the car locks it out.
I didn’t know that? I must of stayed below 15mph whenever I’ve done it in the past

'Marmite' Possibly one of the most famous 75 tourers produced! left the production line as the last of only Three Rover 75 tourers produced in Trophy Yellow. 48 hours later Longbridge closed. The last sold ordered 75 Tourer. Paid for by the Phoenix Four and handed over by John Towers to the Warwickshire Northampton Air ambulance service as a Rapid Response vehicle
sworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2022, 10:14   #14
Terry00H

Rover 75 Tourer

Default Break crunching

I had what I could only describe as break crunching . This would happen randomly at slow speed .I bought :
75 / ZT Rear Brake Disc Backplates, Shoes & Adjuster Kit - SMF100201 / SMF100211 / SFS100190 / SXS100000 / SMN100290 / SMN000140 MG Rover

From
Discount MG Rover Spares for £130 .Since fitted over two years ago I have not had any break crunching . These corrode and moisture gets in causing this fault .The T4 showed no fault codes .

I hope this helps.
Terry00H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2022, 15:19   #15
BigRuss
Premium Trader

75 CDT Tourer,2.5 Launch Saloon, Omipro MG/Rover (T4)

Thanked 1,340 Times in 661 Posts

Quote:
That's the way it's supposed to work Mike, as soon as you go over 15mph T4 loses comms

Usually you're looking for a difference in the rotation speed on one of the wheels but it can be very subtle. Really it needs to be done on a flat straight bit of road.

If it's only happening above those speeds it's a lot more difficult to pinpoint unfortunately. As you say the only thing you can do then is to inspect everything visually or get a meter on each sensor rotate the wheel and check it that way.

From experience if the car has been stood for any length of time it's usually one of the back ones that's playing up, and the usual cause has been corrosion build up on the face of the bearing or the backplate. It's hardly ever the rear sensors themselves unless they've become damaged.

Russ

Replacement Key Service
http://https://the75andztclub.co.uk/...d.php?t=244732
Full T4 Testbook diagnostics available.
Diesel ECU repair and replacement.
Options enabled or disabled as required.
Diesel X-Power 135 and 160bhp, Rover 1.8T 150 to 160
MG 160 V6 to 177 upgrades available
P.M. for details.
BigRuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th August 2022, 19:15   #16
JosephJ
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Saloon

I had a very similar issue too. It turned out to be the rear offside hub that had become a little crusty. The sensor was fine which I only found out after replacing it 🤦. Symptoms mainly included a grumbling when coming to a stop but not so much in reverse for some reason...

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
JosephJ is offline   Reply With Quote