Qatar Airways, from Trip Adviser web site
Travellers' Choice 2020 Winner
Travellers' Choice 2019 Winner
Travellers' Choice 2018 Winner
Travellers' Choice 2017 Winner

scores 4 or more out of 5 for
Legroom
Seat comfort
In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
Onboard Experience
Customer service
Value for money
Cleanliness
Check-in and boarding
Food and beverage

My experience, flight changed to or 3 times outbound and is now a day later. The wife is so stressed she has been in tears. Wife has had to re-arrange hotel and parking.
I so hope the flight goes well.

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2022, 10:50   #2
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by macafee2 View Post
Qatar Airways, from Trip Adviser web site
Travellers' Choice 2020 Winner
Travellers' Choice 2019 Winner
Travellers' Choice 2018 Winner
Travellers' Choice 2017 Winner

scores 4 or more out of 5 for
Legroom
Seat comfort
In-flight entertainment (WiFi, TV, films)
Onboard Experience
Customer service
Value for money
Cleanliness
Check-in and boarding
Food and beverage

My experience, flight changed to or 3 times outbound and is now a day later. The wife is so stressed she has been in tears. Wife has had to re-arrange hotel and parking.
I so hope the flight goes well.

macafee2
Where are you flying from and to? When are you going?

I have flown Qatar a couple of times, Nairobi - Doha - Heathrow on the big plane, the double decker A380. At check in when I asked for a free upgrade to upstairs, I got it as the plane was half empty.

Last year Qatar were doing a promotion for free tickets for people working in the front line during the pandemic, so I nominated a couple from here. They didn’t get any free tickets which was poor show in my opinion as they fitted the selection criteria.

Inflight service and food was faultless and free WiFi on board for 30 minutes.

In Doha Airport I spent the night, a long wait. The mens lounge had recliners and stunk of smelly feet, so I slept on the floor elsewhere that night. Food and drinks in the airport had to be paid with a card. Cash not accepted.

Bad luck about having to change the plans and hotel. Have a great trip.

Last edited by Gate Keeper; 5th April 2022 at 10:55..
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2022, 13:07   #3
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

What is Doha airport like as that is our stop over for a few hours?
Flying from Manchester.

macafee2
Old 6th April 2022, 06:32   #4
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Quote:
Flying from Manchester.

macafee2
https://dohahamadairport.com/ Is the main airport.

All transit passengers have to go through a security check and from experience, there will be queues but they will be moving quickly and nothing like seen recently in Manchester, Heathrow or Birmingham. I feel for everyone who missed their flights.

For one of my trips, after my bypass, I had wheel chair assistance to the plane all the way from check in. This service was provided free by the airline and there was no fuss or checking medical documents. I did not have to queue up.

You have not said when you are flying or where you are flying to?
Old 6th April 2022, 07:13   #5
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate Keeper View Post
https://dohahamadairport.com/ Is the main airport.

All transit passengers have to go through a security check and from experience, there will be queues but they will be moving quickly and nothing like seen recently in Manchester, Heathrow or Birmingham. I feel for everyone who missed their flights.

For one of my trips, after my bypass, I had wheel chair assistance to the plane all the way from check in. This service was provided free by the airline and there was no fuss or checking medical documents. I did not have to queue up.

You have not said when you are flying or where you are flying to?
Australia, I am a bit paranoid about saying when the house will be empty.
After my heart attack there was no wheelchair assistance even though we had asked for it and been told it would be there, different airline.
Before I could fly home I had a phone call with a doctor. He asked me how far I was walking, about 2 miles was the reply. 2 miles, I was hoping for a couple of hundred yards was his answer. That was a shock as I thought I had been overdoing it. Walking.... shuffling is perhaps better. I wall say a tread mill was worth its weight in gold, really helped me get back to walking and even jogging. My heart has really had many work outs since then.

macafee2
Old 7th April 2022, 06:47   #6
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Quote:
Australia, I am a bit paranoid about saying when the house will be empty.
After my heart attack there was no wheelchair assistance even though we had asked for it and been told it would be there, different airline.
Before I could fly home I had a phone call with a doctor. He asked me how far I was walking, about 2 miles was the reply. 2 miles, I was hoping for a couple of hundred yards was his answer. That was a shock as I thought I had been overdoing it. Walking.... shuffling is perhaps better. I wall say a tread mill was worth its weight in gold, really helped me get back to walking and even jogging. My heart has really had many work outs since then.

macafee2
Australia, gosh what a trip and hopefully both of you will have a fantastic holiday. It’s understandable about not revealing the dates of travel.

I know in cases of complicated heart attacks, it’s recommended not to fly within 6 weeks.

The airlines I have used when I asked for special assistance at the airport: Kenya Airways, KLM and Virgin Atlantic.

You have done well in getting yourself fit after your heart attack. It’s been 6 weeks since I was discharged from ICU and CCU following a cardiac event, not a heart attack, but heart block. Recovery is slow but I am getting there.

I sincerely hope you have a great holiday.

Last edited by Gate Keeper; 7th April 2022 at 06:49..
Old 7th April 2022, 07:13   #7
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Quote:
Flying from Manchester.

macafee2
Just a quick thought if your not flying business class, some airports for a fee, will allow passengers to use fast track to get through security quickly and for another fee, passengers can have access to an exclusive lounge which includes drinks, snacks, peace and quiet.
Old 7th April 2022, 07:27   #8
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Quote:
Australia, gosh what a trip and hopefully both of you will have a fantastic holiday. It’s understandable about not revealing the dates of travel.

I know in cases of complicated heart attacks, it’s recommended not to fly within 6 weeks.

The airlines I have used when I asked for special assistance at the airport: Kenya Airways, KLM and Virgin Atlantic.

You have done well in getting yourself fit after your heart attack. It’s been 6 weeks since I was discharged from ICU and CCU following a cardiac event, not a heart attack, but heart block. Recovery is slow but I am getting there.

I sincerely hope you have a great holiday.
thank you, I hope you continue to improve. Is your chest sore? Mine was for a few weeks. Did you ever feel as if the grim reaper was with you? I fell asleep on the table and woke up again before the op...... I was all alone

Try not to look backwards and worry about your heart. Summer is coming, try to get out.

We have not seen our son for over 2 years, the wife cries when she talks to him and cannot wait to see him. I think it is a mum thing, at 28 and a few inches taller then her, he is still her little boy. We both wish he was here in the UK but neither of us will tell him that as we do not want to pressure him or make him feel guilty, his happiness comes before ours.

macafee2
Old 7th April 2022, 07:32   #9
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Quote:
Just a quick thought if your not flying business class, some airports for a fee, will allow passengers to use fast track to get through security quickly and for another fee, passengers can have access to an exclusive lounge which includes drinks, snacks, peace and quiet.
Business class I think we have lounge passes for Manchester. I am not looking forward to be "cramped" on a plane, I so hope there is no screaming child on board or at 30,000 the door is opening and out it goes
I am sure it must be quite stressful for some parents trying to keep their children quiet.

The last few times I have flown it has not been as bad as it was many many years ago and it was those experiences that have tainted my view of flying.

macafee2
Old 7th April 2022, 17:16   #10
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Quote:
Business class I think we have lounge passes for Manchester. I am not looking forward to be "cramped" on a plane, I so hope there is no screaming child on board or at 30,000 the door is opening and out it goes
I am sure it must be quite stressful for some parents trying to keep their children quiet.

The last few times I have flown it has not been as bad as it was many many years ago and it was those experiences that have tainted my view of flying.

macafee2
If you get the chance, pick up a set of headphones with Bluetooth ANC active noise cancelling. I use a set of over ear Bluetooth Sony headphones which suppresses screaming children etc on the flight.

I also bought another Bluetooth device which plugs into the headphone socket in the seat which sends a signal to the wireless headphones and allows me to listen to the inflight entertainment without any wires getting in the way.

That’s great news you are flying business class, you will get priority check in and priority boarding. What a treat,