Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 18th March 2022, 17:11   #11
Borg Warner
I really should get out more.......

None

Quote:

Despite Boris Johnson’s assurances that Britain’s departure from the EU would be better for UK workers, there have been fears it would be seen by the government as an opportunity to erode workers’ rights in a bid to increase competitiveness.

However, the reality is that, so far at least, there has been no derogation from EU employment rights and the scope for any backsliding is limited. Contained within the trade and cooperation agreement with the EU, there is a non-regression clause, under which Britain agreed not to reduce employment rights below the standards existing on 31 December 2020 in a manner that would affect trade or investment. The EU could take retaliatory measures such as tariffs if trade or investment were affected and could also legally challenge the regression before a panel of experts.

Alas the UK has been haemorrhaging jobs for decades
irrespective of who was in power or what trade club we were in. Strange that over the years we, generally, just accepted the export of employment with hardly a murmur but of late?

Besides employment law is very complicated. I'm sure of one thing though; the lawyers will win.

Anyway this thread is likely to get very political, so no more from me
Borg Warner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2022, 17:18   #12
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

Got this email from P&O cruises. They must be quite scared to have put out such an email. Apart from this thread I did not know they were different

"As Britain’s favourite cruise line, your loyalty, advocacy and support has always meant the world to us. P&O Cruises has been part of Carnival Corporation & plc for over 20 years and has no connection to P&O Ferries. Our thoughts go out to all those affected by yesterday’s news. However, please be assured it’s business as usual on our cruises and our crew look forward to welcoming you on board soon."

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2022, 09:50   #13
mbev51
Banned

Removed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borg Warner View Post
Quote:

Despite Boris Johnson’s assurances that Britain’s departure from the EU would be better for UK workers, there have been fears it would be seen by the government as an opportunity to erode workers’ rights in a bid to increase competitiveness.

However, the reality is that, so far at least, there has been no derogation from EU employment rights and the scope for any backsliding is limited. Contained within the trade and cooperation agreement with the EU, there is a non-regression clause, under which Britain agreed not to reduce employment rights below the standards existing on 31 December 2020 in a manner that would affect trade or investment. The EU could take retaliatory measures such as tariffs if trade or investment were affected and could also legally challenge the regression before a panel of experts.

Alas the UK has been haemorrhaging jobs for decades
irrespective of who was in power or what trade club we were in. Strange that over the years we, generally, just accepted the export of employment with hardly a murmur but of late?

Besides employment law is very complicated. I'm sure of one thing though; the lawyers will win.

Anyway this thread is likely to get very political, so no more from me
Good post, we never did take all of EU legislation as we opted out. Seem to remember a while ago was it Peugeot was contemplating redundancies in the UK as it was financially impossible to do the same to French workers.
mbev51 is offline   Reply With Quote