Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 19th March 2022, 23:06   #1
biffa75
Trader

Mk1 2004 tourer cdti + MK1 2003 Saloon CDT

Default Praise for our diesel 75 tourer ("doc") DG04MHX

Well after a little bit of a troubling start, when we first bought our 75 tourer in october (clutch issues). After changing just about everything to do with the clutch along with a couple of wheel bearings and sensors. From December upto present, "doc" as our daughter named it after doc from Disney's movie. has been great! Myself and my wife have been using doc daily getting to and from work, shopping visiting family etc averaging around 800-1000 miles per month and other than a new expansion cap it's been amazing. Averaging around 47mpg!
Some may remember my posts a few weeks ago regarding a weird abs issue even after visiting bigruss and drawing a blank, the issue does show every so often but it doesn't really cause too much of an issue in fairness, just an annoyance.

The wife loves it so much... She now wants a 75 diesel saloon. Which is saying something as she has owned her sportka for nearly 3 years and has built up a whole host of spares as she intended to keep it for many years but.. driving doc has made her change her mind.

On a separate note, I understand the heated rear window will automatically come on when outside temp is below 10°c. However the heated rear window in doc is coming on when outside temps are well above 10°c. Anyone else had this issue?

Final note, it's clear our 75 has been previously owned at some point by an enthusiast so I'm curious know if anyone recognises the number plate or if the previous owner is a member here?

https://ibb.co/BqjM7sJ

https://ibb.co/4sG2mxS

Thanks
Rob

Last edited by biffa75; 20th March 2022 at 08:07..
biffa75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2022, 08:33   #2
NewDoc
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by biffa75 View Post
Well after a little bit of a troubling start, when we first bought our 75 tourer in october (clutch issues). After changing just about everything to do with the clutch along with a couple of wheel bearings and sensors. From December upto present, "doc" as our daughter named it after doc from Disney's movie. has been great! Myself and my wife have been using doc daily getting to and from work, shopping visiting family etc averaging around 800-1000 miles per month and other than a new expansion cap it's been amazing. Averaging around 47mpg!
Some may remember my posts a few weeks ago regarding a weird abs issue even after visiting bigruss and drawing a blank, the issue does show every so often but it doesn't really cause too much of an issue in fairness, just an annoyance.

The wife loves it so much... She now wants a 75 diesel saloon. Which is saying something as she has owned her sportka for nearly 3 years and has built up a whole host of spares as she intended to keep it for many years but.. driving doc has made her change her mind.

On a separate note, I understand the heated rear window will automatically come on when outside temp is below 10°c. However the heated rear window in doc is coming on when outside temps are well above 10°c. Anyone else had this issue?

Final note, it's clear our 75 has been previously owned at some point by an enthusiast so I'm curious know if anyone recognises the number plate or if the previous owner is a member here?

https://ibb.co/BqjM7sJ

https://ibb.co/4sG2mxS

Thanks
Rob
Don't recognize the reg number but as my nickname is also "Doc" I will look out for you.
Born: 2003-10-20 @14:58:12

Last edited by NewDoc; 23rd March 2022 at 08:38..
NewDoc is offline   Reply With Quote