Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 8th May 2022, 13:26   #241
Martin Butler
Loves to post

Rover 75 saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by another_clean_sheet View Post
Could you explain to me how leaving the EU has weakened NATO as they are two seperate organisations?
You only have to look at the war in Ukraine to see the UK has achieved more out of the EU. EU are still faffing around trying to get agreement of 26 countries.
Why, if we stayed in the EU would it be harder to people to hide earnings off shore?
yes, on both counts, Russian interests hoped that Trump would weaken nato, and that Britain would follow suit,
The EU wanted to bring in legislation that any firms who trade with in the EU, open their books and declare their income, including off shore accounts, and pay tax on all their income, and it would not be allowed to use loopholes to avoid tax,
Martin Butler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2022, 13:38   #242
another_clean_sheet
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 CDTI Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin Butler View Post
yes, on both counts, Russian interests hoped that Trump would weaken nato, and that Britain would follow suit,
That has got nothing to do with us leaving the EU as per your original post. In fact we are one of the few countries that pays 2% of GDP to NATO

[/QUOTE]
The EU wanted to bring in legislation that any firms who trade with in the EU, open their books and declare their income, including off shore accounts, and pay tax on all their income, and it would not be allowed to use loopholes to avoid tax,[/QUOTE]

They still can. Us leaving the EU has not stopped them. We are still trading with the EU. In fact your post #236 was about wealthy individuals hiding money which is completely different to firms who trade with the EU.
All you are doing is trying to muddy the water and not face the fact that for better or worse we are no longer part of the EU

Last edited by another_clean_sheet; 8th May 2022 at 13:39.. Reason: Grammar
another_clean_sheet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2022, 13:42   #243
wraymond
I will find or make a way

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts

On er, a positive note, read today that Italy has woken. No, not that woken, woken up. VP's reputed super yacht has been impounded at Carrara.

Apparently valued at around £600.000 000, yes really, £600 million.
The crew, presumably Kremlin influenced, were observed loading provisions and fuel along with other preparations and were assumed to about to leave their moorings.

Called Scheherazade, it allegedly has a self-playing piano that plays, uninvited or otherwise, a hit tune called Vladimir Putin Is a Very Fine Fellow. Beats Liberace or Winnifred Atwell hands down.
Old 8th May 2022, 13:48   #244
edwardmk
Gets stuck in

MG ZT 260, Rover 75 Connie SE auto

When you run a Kleptocracy the proceeds make the Mafia look tame. I feel sorry for what the Russian people have had to endure from their leaders (or should I say sociopathic controllers) for so long.
edwardmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2022, 14:24   #245
torque2me
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wraymond View Post
From a purely social angle, I wonder about the spread of the thousands of migrants that achieve their aims, or indeed if they have any. Are they concentrated in densely populated areas or spread all over? For instance, Cornwall, Wales, Scotland, N. Ireland, or eastern England? They can't just disappear. The logistical effects can have far reaching and long lasting consequences which have to be handled with care.
Disappear? Oh yes they can. They often hide within their own communities i.e. ethnical. They did a heat source survey near Hounslow, checked that area on the ground and found many garden sheds enlarged as well as lofts whereby people were living (and paying most of their income to the "landlord"). No tax or NI.

Legal channels for settlement do not have this downside as much!

Take the alleged "slow response" of the Home Office for temporary settlement of Ukrainian refugees by the 'intelligentsia' of this country. Then you read a news report that 40% of persons saying they will accommodate single women turn out to be linked criminally and sex offenders. Not a peep about that from the howling mob.

Kev
torque2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2022, 16:35   #246
Borg Warner
I really should get out more.......

None

Quote:
Originally Posted by torque2me View Post
Disappear? Oh yes they can. They often hide within their own communities i.e. ethnical. They did a heat source survey near Hounslow, checked that area on the ground and found many garden sheds enlarged as well as lofts whereby people were living (and paying most of their income to the "landlord"). No tax or NI.

Legal channels for settlement do not have this downside as much!

Take the alleged "slow response" of the Home Office for temporary settlement of Ukrainian refugees by the 'intelligentsia' of this country. Then you read a news report that 40% of persons saying they will accommodate single women turn out to be linked criminally and sex offenders. Not a peep about that from the howling mob.

Kev
I'd noticed that as well. One could lay odds on that if the women had been set up with such men, they would be screaming about the lack of checks and how incompetent the government where.
Borg Warner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2022, 18:55   #247
MarkS
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Diesel Tourer, called Perseverance

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by wraymond View Post
On er, a positive note, read today that Italy has woken. No, not that woken, woken up. VP's reputed super yacht has been impounded at Carrara.
The Vice-President of Italy has a super yacht worth £600M ???

That's a little ostentatious, even for the Mafia influenced Italians.

I wonder what his expenses claims are like ?

Does he claim for a duck-house as well on his EU expenses ???

I do wonder whether our UK MPs have enough ambition or imagination when it comes to expenses...

Last edited by MarkS; 9th May 2022 at 19:07..
MarkS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2022, 19:10   #248
wraymond
I will find or make a way

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts

Just a slight misunderstanding I think. 'VP' is for V. Putin. The boat was moored and impounded into custody in Carrara, Italy.

Curiously, it is rumoured that the gin palace is lined with marble from the same city. Been there a few times - absolutely wonderful, the quarries that is, not the boat. It was also moored in Venice a few years ago when we were there too. Apologies for any confusion.
Old 9th May 2022, 19:41   #249
MarkS
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Diesel Tourer, called Perseverance

Talking

Are you sure it belongs to Vladimir Putin ?

The Vice-President of Italy sounds equally plausible....

Both are in charge of a bankrupt Nazi filled European kleptocracy that invaded Europe .....

Last edited by MarkS; 9th May 2022 at 19:48..
MarkS is offline   Reply With Quote