Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 6th May 2022, 13:39   #231
another_clean_sheet
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 CDTI Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbev51 View Post
I agree, the media is talking about only 300 a year being sent there rather than tens of thousands BoJo spoke of.

This was produced by Home Office officials who are anti any actions on restricting immigration.
Every one is critical on what PP is trying to do but no one comes up with any better ideas. They would be up in arms if we did what the EU is doing and turns boats round in the Med and pushing them back to Libya.
At the end of the day it is costing us £5 million a day in direct cost plus adding to the pressure on the NHS etc. It only exacerbates the pressure on housing for our children/grandchildren whether it is purchase or renting.
another_clean_sheet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2022, 16:14   #232
wraymond
This is my second home

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts

In other words rather than accept some public criticism, and the insolent refusal by the Uncivil service to do their jobs, they push the truly unknown cost onto the public purse - as usual. Then it's a load of "What meeeee"? Working From Home?

Last edited by wraymond; 6th May 2022 at 16:18..
wraymond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2022, 19:05   #233
Simondi
Regional Secretary

MGTF, MG ZS EV Exclusive

Thanked 3,563 Times in 1,857 Posts

I used to love the Paddington books, good job they were not written now.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg FB_IMG_1651856121667.jpg (38.7 KB, 44 views)
Simondi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2022, 07:36   #234
wraymond
This is my second home

75 Auto 2.5 SE

From a purely social angle, I wonder about the spread of the thousands of migrants that achieve their aims, or indeed if they have any. Are they concentrated in densely populated areas or spread all over? For instance, Cornwall, Wales, Scotland, N. Ireland, or eastern England? They can't just disappear. The logistical effects can have far reaching and long lasting consequences which have to be handled with care.
Old 7th May 2022, 08:41   #235
Borg Warner
I really should get out more.......

None

A quick read suggests they are spread across the country to some degree:

https://asylumineurope.org/reports/c...accommodation/
Borg Warner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2022, 08:21   #236
Martin Butler
Loves to post

Rover 75 saloon

This present government reject most legal applications to come here legally, so people turn to the smugglers, Taking back control ? , We never lost it, we always had it, but chose not to use it, You who believed the brexiteer cry of secure our borders, were lied to, you were taken for mugs, Brexit was about wealthy people who hide their earnings off shore being able to continue to do so, it was also a way chosen to weaken the EU, & NATO. through trump, then the vote leave campaign, Russian money paid for both
What to do about immigration? , Have holding centres on french soil where immmigrants can be processed and assessed as to what skills they have, what level of education, how suitable would they be to adapting to british way of life, and then put them on coaches, and bring them over legally, anyone found to be a possible treat, can be handed over to the french, who can then deport them, as legally they as part of the EU CAN, We can't. As regards te gangs etc, we need to recruit more, and better police,
Martin Butler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2022, 09:13   #237
mbev51
Banned

Removed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin Butler View Post
This present government reject most legal applications to come here legally, so people turn to the smugglers, Taking back control ? , We never lost it, we always had it, but chose not to use it, You who believed the brexiteer cry of secure our borders, were lied to, you were taken for mugs, Brexit was about wealthy people who hide their earnings off shore being able to continue to do so, it was also a way chosen to weaken the EU, & NATO. through trump, then the vote leave campaign, Russian money paid for both
What to do about immigration? , Have holding centres on french soil where immmigrants can be processed and assessed as to what skills they have, what level of education, how suitable would they be to adapting to british way of life, and then put them on coaches, and bring them over legally, anyone found to be a possible treat, can be handed over to the french, who can then deport them, as legally they as part of the EU CAN, We can't. As regards te gangs etc, we need to recruit more, and better police,
I totally agree with you. At some poi t in the not too distant future, a politician will stand up and say just that about what we voted on in the referendum. It does need to be discussed when people are ready to hear the truth.
mbev51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2022, 09:55   #238
another_clean_sheet
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 CDTI Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin Butler View Post
Brexit was about wealthy people who hide their earnings off shore being able to continue to do so, it was also a way chosen to weaken the EU, & NATO. through trump, then the vote leave campaign, Russian money paid for both

Could you explain to me how leaving the EU has weakened NATO as they are two seperate organisations?
You only have to look at the war in Ukraine to see the UK has achieved more out of the EU. EU are still faffing around trying to get agreement of 26 countries.
Why, if we stayed in the EU would it be harder to people to hide earnings off shore?
another_clean_sheet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2022, 10:55   #239
wraymond
This is my second home

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Fighting old battles is futile and not unlike looking through a telescope from the other end of it.

It’s better to be out and contributing more to help the underdog from oppressive and murderous attacks by a ‘collective’ government than being prevented from doing absolutely anything in an effort to help a distressed nation under unprovoked attack.

Oh, wait a minute..., er, ‘collective’ government? Where have I heard that before? A 'collective' grouping of disparate nations ruled, in every sense of the word, by members in fear of the rage of the machine.

It’s a fallacious argument, long over. We should be able to move on.
Old 8th May 2022, 11:08   #240
Borg Warner
I really should get out more.......

None

All for one and one for all it seems not:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...-minister-says

I understand that in 2012 the EU was awarded the Nobel Peace prize for advancement of peace:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012_Nobel_Peace_Prize

They should be made to hand it back.

Meanwhile:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...age-to-ukraine
Borg Warner is offline   Reply With Quote