Notices

Old 31st May 2022, 21:42   #165381
COLVERT
This is my second home

R75 Saloon.

Thanked 2,167 Times in 1,816 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancpudn View Post
Morning all, It's a grey wet day with more rain forecast for later this morning. End of the month so ladders out to read the electric meter up at ceiling height Whoever thought that was a good idea to put it up there!!! I'm keeping a photo record of my readings because the readings they say I have bear no resemblance to what they say I have on my meter
Use a Selfie-stick and camera.--Falling off ladders is Zero fun as Richard found out.
I really hope his treatment will do some good.
COLVERT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2022, 07:49   #165382
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool

Morning everyone.

Cloudy start to the day.

Off to Par market to do some shopping.

232750. Be patient Banana, we will soon be back together and enjoying the shows again.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2022, 07:54   #165383
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,565 Posts

Morning all, The sun is up here & already a warm day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by COLVERT View Post
Use a Selfie-stick and camera.--Falling off ladders is Zero fun as Richard found out.
I really hope his treatment will do some good.

It's a balancing act for sure as it's 10' above the kitchen sink & takes me ages to get a photo, I have to hold the door open with one hand as it's hinged from the top, Press the number 9 button on the meter keypad to start the menu running & by the time I've got the camera pointing straight it's rolled over to the next item & I have to start all over again

Blessed are the tea makers.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b...auto-2000_auto
Lancpudn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2022, 08:31   #165384
stevestrat
This is my second home

ZT260 #243 (resting)

Thanked 4,624 Times in 3,358 Posts

Morning. Up twice, first was at 5am, Ging is dayshift. Went back to bed but as usual couldn't settle. Need some shopping including a lump of pork, Ging wants siopao made.

Quote:
For the authentic experience you need to stand on something unsteady in front of a roaring fire, have a fan set to maximum behind you so that your front is roasting and your back is cold and have someone throw handfuls of coal dust in your face.

T4 Location Map
stevestrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2022, 08:58   #165385
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevestrat View Post
Morning. Up twice, first was at 5am, Ging is dayshift. Went back to bed but as usual couldn't settle. Need some shopping including a lump of pork, Ging wants siopao made.

For the authentic experience you need to stand on something unsteady in front of a roaring fire, have a fan set to maximum behind you so that your front is roasting and your back is cold and have someone throw handfuls of coal dust in your face.

LOL Yeah I should imagine it's weird to say the least, I saw in the game settings that you can change the engine sway/rocking to the extent that you'd be hanging on for dear life set on maximum I'm good at wheel slip starting off from a station & managed to derail a train of ore wagons on one scenario I found out that the ore wagons in 1958 didn't come with any brakes or vacuum lines fitted to them whatsoever & the long train had a whiplash effect when the bunching up of wagons reached the back & derailed the back wagons I need to swot up on that brake van malarkey next time. I'm on coaling up & watering up the tender today plus turntable training I noticed my "fireman" was a women yesterday She was good shoveling with the spade though.

Old 1st June 2022, 09:37   #165386
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Morning all, how is everyone?

This morning we were up relatively early and both had HbA1c blood tests to determine if we are pre-diabetic, diabetic or not. It was suggested I have the test done in the UK, but here it’s quicker and easier to get done, results tomorrow Although there was a charge £10.23 each, not a fortune.

To see a private GP here is 200 KSHs or £1.36

The sun is shining and 24C is expected, just about right

Last edited by Gate Keeper; 1st June 2022 at 09:39..
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2022, 12:26   #165387
stevestrat
This is my second home

ZT260 #243 (resting)

Quote:
I found out that the ore wagons in 1958 didn't come with any brakes or vacuum lines fitted to them whatsoever & the long train had a whiplash effect when the bunching up of wagons reached the back & derailed the back wagons I need to swot up on that brake van malarkey next time.
There were still "unfitted" trains when I started in 1980, primarily on engineering track maintenance trains. Loco brakes and the brake on the guard's "kennel" at the back. There were lineside signs approaching falling gradients "AWB" apply wagon brakes, you'd stop before going downhill, the guard would come forward from his brake van and apply handbrakes on individual wagons to the point where you had to power down the hill. Thankfully unfitted trans were a thing of the past by the time I actually became a driver.

Regarding firing, unless its one of those strange GWR right hand drive things you fire left handed even if you are right handed. I can "operate" a shovel with either hand. Your right foot remains planted and you use that as a pivot.

T4 Location Map
Old 1st June 2022, 15:52   #165388
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Afternoon all, When the sun comes out from behind the clouds it's very warm indeed, I keep going out to open the doors on the greenhouses to stop me Toms from cooking
The roof windows have auto openers on them.

One of our cats has brought two live mice to the conservatory door only to let them go & chase after them again

Clearing room out of the fridge & freezer so it's either sausages in hotdog buns or Masala butter chicken curry wi rice I think I'll have some of each.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevestrat View Post
There were still "unfitted" trains when I started in 1980, primarily on engineering track maintenance trains. Loco brakes and the brake on the guard's "kennel" at the back. There were lineside signs approaching falling gradients "AWB" apply wagon brakes, you'd stop before going downhill, the guard would come forward from his brake van and apply handbrakes on individual wagons to the point where you had to power down the hill. Thankfully unfitted trans were a thing of the past by the time I actually became a driver.

Regarding firing, unless its one of those strange GWR right hand drive things you fire left handed even if you are right handed. I can "operate" a shovel with either hand. Your right foot remains planted and you use that as a pivot.

Unfitted, that's the term I couldn't think of That train of wagons I coupled to yesterday had ore wagons art the front with covered five slat braked wagons in the middle & ore wagons behind them. I couldn't pull away from Crewe yard and didn't know why

I had to go back to the manual & it says you have to release the brakes on the middle five slat covered wagons by pulling on a release cord underneath the wagon for 10 seconds there must have been 20 or so, Worked in the end though.

A few complaining about a women fireman as it wasn't period correct in 1958 but I suppose they have to be PC in this day & age, It's a pity as the crowds/people in the stations waiting to board trains are dressed in period clothing and the cars/buses & trucks are all period correct too.
There are still some bugs with the "fireman" as the shovel never shows coal on it when throwing it through the fire doors. Apart from that & a few other bugs awaiting patches to fix them it's brilliant.

Old 1st June 2022, 18:09   #165389
stevestrat
This is my second home

ZT260 #243 (resting)

Quote:
That train of wagons I coupled to yesterday had ore wagons art the front with covered five slat braked wagons in the middle & ore wagons behind them. I couldn't pull away from Crewe yard and didn't know why

I had to go back to the manual & it says you have to release the brakes on the middle five slat covered wagons by pulling on a release cord underneath the wagon for 10 seconds there must have been 20 or so, Worked in the end though.
I doubt the train would have been marshalled that way in real life. The braked wagons would have been behind the loco, what was termed a "fitted head".

Quote:
There are still some bugs with the "fireman" as the shovel never shows coal on it when throwing it through the fire doors.
Maybe they're just a bl00dy awful fireman! Does the driver storm into the supervisor's office back at the depot

T4 Location Map
Old 1st June 2022, 18:19   #165390
coolcat
This is my second home

Audi Q3 TDI S-Line Quattro

Thanked 12,235 Times in 8,232 Posts

Evening all,

Hope everyone has got all their bunting up ready for the Jubilee

I'm still going through my photos from Brands Hatch at the weekend and I stumbled on this little beauty....

One for our Bob me thinks

One for our Bob by Jeff Cranwell, on Flickr