Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 25th March 2022, 09:01   #164481
Twisterboy
Loves to post

75 Connoisseur SE in BRG

Morning Everyone, Blue skies again today in Edinburgh.

2004 Rover 75 Connoisseur SE

51 of 118 Rover 75s to come off the production line on 21st July 2004

71 of only 235 British Racing Green diesel face lift Connoisseur SE saloons with Sandstone Beige Interiors produced worldwide

Mileage April 2022: 120225 or 2914 in my custody
Twisterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2022, 16:35   #164482
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,565 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyN01 View Post
Cheers Ian, my friend.

Just happy that you've got the medical help needed - even if is was a bit of a trek all around the county.

All those years watching "Casualty" have finally paid off (are you sure you haven't got a pneumothorax too 'cus everyone on there has one and then gets pipes stuck in their chest ).

Look after yourself.

Take care.

Afternoon all it's been bootiful the last two day but I had to spend them inside at Bolton hospital

Hi Andy LOL I think I have most things bar that one.

I did the final lot of tests/scans today & the scan showed blockages is in my groin & thigh area I'm on blood thinners Apixaban for the foreseeable future, I think my blood has turned into syrup as one of the blood tests they did was way off the charts, a healthy score of 240 or below is normal, Mine was over 5000
To say it's painful is an understatement, I cant take a full inhale of breath without pains in my chest & just walking from the bedroom to the bathroom is purgatory
My missus took me to Bolton hospital today with the wheelchair in the boot & it's knocked her stone dead even with dropping me off at the main door with the wheelchair then going parking the car up, The DVT scan department was a good walk away pushing me. You'd think a Yorkshire lass was made of sterner stuff

I had a peek into the greenhouses to check on seed germination & these two sunny days haven't half got them started

Blessed are the tea makers.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b...auto-2000_auto
Lancpudn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2022, 21:24   #164483
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

Crikey Ian, are you trying to break a record for the highest recorded score??
Old 26th March 2022, 07:01   #164484
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

Morning all, a lovely sunny start to the day here.
Old 26th March 2022, 09:09   #164485
roverbarmy
This is my second home

Roverless + 1.7D Sportage

Thanked 2,021 Times in 1,449 Posts

Looks like a good day to get the polish out. Watch out for rain tomorrow!
Old 26th March 2022, 09:24   #164486
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancpudn View Post
THANK YOU ANDY. It's good job I took your advice & got my body builders calf checked out, It is indeed a DVT, I've spent over 6 hours today at Bolton hospital getting all the tests done today (well most of them) I could barely walk today & carted meself off to (I was told Wigan hospital by my GP to see the DVT team) but you couldn't park up there within a country mile of the place , So off I goes back to Bolton & acted numb as to what my GP told me & just turned up at A&E there They told me off for not coming sooner & apparently taking strong painkillerst & cider isn't going to cut it

I have to go back to the DVT clinic in Bolton tomorrow for a scan, X-Ray on my chest showed clots & a number of blood tests showed my clotting test was off the scale as to what it should be
DVT medication to start taking from today.
Just seen this Ian, thank goodness you took Andy’s advice and went to the hospital.

As you know in 2015, DVT’s cut off the blood supply to my left leg from the knee to the foot. When first diagnosed I was admitted into the vascular surgery unit at The Royal Free Hospital NHS and started on anti clotting injections.

I was in a bay of 4 beds, the other patients all men were in for limb amputations. The surgeon wanted to operate then cancelled my operation and I was sent home.

The pain was excruciating and I was on Oramorph for 3 months. I had to stop driving.

I carried on giving the anti blood clotting injections to myself for 21 days at home. The surgeon kept on cancelling the follow up appointments. A month later, the leg bypass was down but I had to go private through health insurance. In that month the delay caused gangrene to set in and although the surgery was excellent, the leg is not 100%.

2 years ago, I was admitted into hospital with a collapsed lung, fortunately no clot or embolism in the lung or in the brain. Make sure you are fully checked out for DVT’s/Clots every where.

Because of the bypass and history of blood clots, I am on blood thinners for the rest of my days. Keeping active helps, but as everyone is different the management of your blood clots will be personalised to your diagnosis, treatment and needs.

Do take care

Last edited by Gate Keeper; 26th March 2022 at 09:34..
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2022, 10:06   #164487
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

A trip down memory lane, last night it was Stingray TV series and No Hiding Place - TV series and William Hartnell Dr Who via YouTube. It was fun to remember
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2022, 10:41   #164488
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,565 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by trikey View Post
Crikey Ian, are you trying to break a record for the highest recorded score??
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate Keeper View Post
Just seen this Ian, thank goodness you took Andy’s advice and went to the hospital.

As you know in 2015, DVT’s cut off the blood supply to my left leg from the knee to the foot. When first diagnosed I was admitted into the vascular surgery unit at The Royal Free Hospital NHS and started on anti clotting injections.

I was in a bay of 4 beds, the other patients all men were in for limb amputations. The surgeon wanted to operate then cancelled my operation and I was sent home.

The pain was excruciating and I was on Oramorph for 3 months. I had to stop driving.

I carried on giving the anti blood clotting injections to myself for 21 days at home. The surgeon kept on cancelling the follow up appointments. A month later, the leg bypass was down but I had to go private through health insurance. In that month the delay caused gangrene to set in and although the surgery was excellent, the leg is not 100%.

2 years ago, I was admitted into hospital with a collapsed lung, fortunately no clot or embolism in the lung or in the brain. Make sure you are fully checked out for DVT’s/Clots every where.

Because of the bypass and history of blood clots, I am on blood thinners for the rest of my days. Keeping active helps, but as everyone is different the management of your blood clots will be personalised to your diagnosis, treatment and needs.

Do take care

Hi Andy, Phil. I thought I misheard her when she mentioned the score on that particular blood test but No, I asked her what the test was called & forgot it before I got home I never thought DVT could be so painful, It's purgatory & trying to get some sleep is nigh on impossible.

The DVT dept at Bolton rang up again & they want me to take part in some new DVT trials with people who have new DVT's less than 2 weeks old, I said yes it's the least I could do.
I've got my sister to push me in the wheelchair as my missus struggled with her arthritis.

Blimey! Phil they didn't half put you through it cancelling all those appointments, I'd never really given blood clots much thought as you (I) think I'm still invincible
Missus says black pudding & the like are now off the menu

Blessed are the tea makers.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b...auto-2000_auto
Lancpudn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2022, 11:19   #164489
coolguy
Coolguy

Rover 75 CDT Tourer Auto, Rover 75 2.0 Connoisseur Auto, MG ZT 2.5 Auto and MG ZT Cdti Auto (Monogra

Quote:
Originally Posted by roverbarmy View Post
Looks like a good day to get the polish out. Watch out for rain tomorrow!
I'm Staying with friends in Holt at present. You leave my weather alone!
coolguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2022, 12:38   #164490
Goldrover
Loves to post

Rover 75 Saloon

Hi Ian, please be careful with blood clots, it is a clot that caused my Sue to pass away at Christmas, it moved from her knee to her heart and was devistatingly quick. Any form of pain that is slightly different get it checked asap.
Hope the treatment works for you.
All the best Dave
Goldrover is offline   Reply With Quote