Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 16th February 2022, 10:00   #163881
roverbarmy
This is my second home

Roverless + 1.7D Sportage

Thanked 2,021 Times in 1,449 Posts

Just off to shop for mum's 97th birthday party! Well, more of a get together, now that we can! We've split it into two separate gatherings as she gets too overwhelmed when we are all together.
Old 16th February 2022, 10:29   #163882
coolguy
Coolguy

Rover 75 CDT Tourer Auto, Rover 75 2.0 Connoisseur Auto, MG ZT 2.5 Auto and MG ZT Cdti Auto (Monogra

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYING BANANA View Post
Good morning everyone.

Up and out of bed by 05.25 in preparation of the Bear coming home today.

I’m quite excited, I know I’m too old for that ____ but hey! Ho!
I thought you were going to get rid, but doesn't sound like it now!
coolguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2022, 10:51   #163883
stevestrat
This is my second home

ZT260 #243 (resting)

Thanked 4,624 Times in 3,358 Posts

Dudley is knocking at the door here, some strong gusts but supposed to get a lot worse later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancpudn View Post
LOL Crafty beggers
Taking a coal train to Longannet power station, climbing from Inverkeithing the front loco kept losing power so we had to split them. The front loco got worse so that the rear one I was on was doing 90% of the work, it boiled its coolant and started syphoning itself off through the overflow! Made it to Townhill loop where we had to run round the train, declared the locos a failure so they sent another pair of 20s out. Got down to Longannet, had to stop on the rising gradient just before the discharge plant . . . . couldn't lift the train again, split the locos. The driver on the front one, me on the rear one playing tunes with the exhaust trying to get the train moving. In the end I'd had enough cracked the throttle wide open . . . . the power ammeter went right off the scale, should have overloaded but it didn't, instead it walked away with the train

T4 Location Map
stevestrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2022, 11:48   #163884
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,565 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevestrat View Post
Dudley is knocking at the door here, some strong gusts but supposed to get a lot worse later.

Taking a coal train to Longannet power station, climbing from Inverkeithing the front loco kept losing power so we had to split them. The front loco got worse so that the rear one I was on was doing 90% of the work, it boiled its coolant and started syphoning itself off through the overflow! Made it to Townhill loop where we had to run round the train, declared the locos a failure so they sent another pair of 20s out. Got down to Longannet, had to stop on the rising gradient just before the discharge plant . . . . couldn't lift the train again, split the locos. The driver on the front one, me on the rear one playing tunes with the exhaust trying to get the train moving. In the end I'd had enough cracked the throttle wide open . . . . the power ammeter went right off the scale, should have overloaded but it didn't, instead it walked away with the train

LOL speaking of exhaust notes the GPU in this gaming PC got a HD Audio update yesterday & I play it through a half decent 2.1 sound system, Holy Moly the sounds are so realistic & loud, The 20 has a great sounding horn

I noticed the ammeter overloads easily if you try & give it too much whelly too soon & jumps up into the red. There are some nice touches on this sim when you slow down & stop with a train of 18 coal wagons, you get the slack being taken up & bumping you when you brake, Liking this Class 20 a lot.

I was contemplating getting the Cathcart circle line last night but it's too expensive, I'll wait until it's on sale at half price or less https://store.steampowered.com/app/1...n_Route_AddOn/

The rain & wind has started to pick up here & there's already a lump of mortar from the ridge tiles fell onto the front garden

Blessed are the tea makers.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b...auto-2000_auto
Lancpudn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2022, 13:11   #163885
stevestrat
This is my second home

ZT260 #243 (resting)

Quote:
I noticed the ammeter overloads easily if you try & give it too much whelly too soon & jumps up into the red.
It was pure frustration, softly softly with the throttle trying to get the train moving again until f... that and banged it straight to full throttle. It should have overloaded but instead the ammeter went right off the scale . . . . almost bent the needle

Quote:
There are some nice touches on this sim when you slow down & stop with a train of 18 coal wagons, you get the slack being taken up & bumping you when you brake, Liking this Class 20 a lot.
Believe it or not when I started in 1980 unbraked goods trains still existed, particularly weekend track maintenance trains. Only brakes you had was the straight air brake on the loco and the wind on handbrake in the brake van at the rear for the guard. There used to signs at the lineside "AWB", apply wagon brakes, on falling gradients. The guard would have to apply the handbrakes on a number of the wagons or the train was liable to run away out of control.

T4 Location Map
Old 16th February 2022, 13:31   #163886
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,565 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevestrat View Post
It was pure frustration, softly softly with the throttle trying to get the train moving again until f... that and banged it straight to full throttle. It should have overloaded but instead the ammeter went right off the scale . . . . almost bent the needle

Believe it or not when I started in 1980 unbraked goods trains still existed, particularly weekend track maintenance trains. Only brakes you had was the straight air brake on the loco and the wind on handbrake in the brake van at the rear for the guard. There used to signs at the lineside "AWB", apply wagon brakes, on falling gradients. The guard would have to apply the handbrakes on a number of the wagons or the train was liable to run away out of control.

The Tees valley line would be right up your street as the routes/trains/carriages/wagons are set in the 1980's.

Just been sowing some Fava beans in the greenhouse & locking the door before the wild stuff arrives.

Blessed are the tea makers.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b...auto-2000_auto
Lancpudn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2022, 13:48   #163887
stevestrat
This is my second home

ZT260 #243 (resting)

What a weird day! Heavy rain but there's supposed to be 40+mph gusts of wind right now . . . . nothing . . . . its dead calm

T4 Location Map
Old 16th February 2022, 14:02   #163888
Ian G
This is my second home

Small

Thanked 2,991 Times in 1,431 Posts

Looks as if we're in for a day or two of rough weather but it was a lovely start to the day so took the 10 minute drive into Ely for a walk around the cathedral grounds and then to Tom's cafe for coffee and cake..

You know the scone is going to be good when they give you a knife and fork to eat it with

Ian G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2022, 14:17   #163889
AndyN01
This is my second home

Toyota RAV4

Thanked 1,579 Times in 968 Posts

Afternoon all.

The dry morning has changed to rain and the winds are ramping up.

SWMBO cut the grass this morning while I was out walking Quizzie.

Quizzie was in fine form firstly swimming out to "recover" a small stick to chew

And then collected a rather more tasty morsel. It was already dead

Any fishermen on here that can tell me what type of fish it is - thanks.

Batten down the hatches and look after you and yours.

http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/
AndyN01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2022, 14:22   #163890
Rogue
I really should get out more.......

75 CDT SE 160 Saloon

Thanked 1,096 Times in 774 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyN01 View Post
Afternoon all.

The dry morning has changed to rain and the winds are ramping up.

SWMBO cut the grass this morning while I was out walking Quizzie.

Quizzie was in fine form firstly swimming out to "recover" a small stick to chew

And then collected a rather more tasty morsel. It was already dead

Any fishermen on here that can tell me what type of fish it is - thanks.

Batten down the hatches and look after you and yours.

Thats a pike

Glutton for punishment --- Previously ... 2.6 SD1 x 2, 3.5 SD1, 820S, 820Si x2, 216 Gsi, 220T saloon, 414, 45 1.4 x2 and now a Cowley 75 CDT
Rogue is online now   Reply With Quote