Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 17th June 2022, 13:34   #161
genpk
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon MGZT

See you guys over there are having a 30c day and wveryone reckons its hot!!
Im on the west coast in australia, Perth.
Our summer here we regularly get a couple of weeks in February at 45-48c every year and still keep going- you get used to it after a while.
Keep in the shade and drink lots of water!!
On another note, as said, im on the west coast and we are not suffering power issue or huge power price increases like our eastern states- why ?
About 20 years ago state govt told the gas producers in our northwest where we
have one of the biggest gas fields in the world the unless they quarantined 15% of all gas produced at a reduced price for the state , the govt would not allow the
gas companies any new permits to explore.
It worked, they signed the deal. thus we in the west have cheaper stable base load power as our power is generated mostly by gas fired power stations.
genpk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2022, 14:25   #162
bl52krz
This is my second home

Rover 75 cdt club + Rover 2.5 KV6 Conni SE

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,729 Posts

The future looks really great from where I am sitting. At 82 coming up to 83, the future looks................ rubbish, to be polite. You can not say this, or that. You have got to have this and that they keep telling me. The cashless society, those who make money out of controlling YOUR MONEY, if you let them. You will drive an electric car to save the planet? You have got to use omnibuses to travel around ,or trains. You should not use aeroplanes or go for a cruise. You can, if you like, walk everywhere, or ride your bike there. It seems to me as though my Rovers are evidently poisoning everything around. I am not a clever chappie, but, what I can tell you is that all the people who are falling into line with the latest ‘ideas on the future’, are cutting their own throats for a better future. In ten years time, if you have read this post, please remember what you were told. 1984 on steroids comes to mind. Amen
Old 18th June 2022, 07:34   #163
Bazzateer

Oh dear, there are some miserable beggars out there!
Just get out and drive your cars! Put a smile back on your face.
Old 18th June 2022, 23:05   #164
genpk
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon MGZT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazzateer View Post
I think you might be missing the point, i get that we have to just live life the best we can but i think the point being made is there is a small vocal bunch of either greedy self serving people, politicians or people pushing their own ideological social agenda on society trying to make the world in their own image.
Unfortunately the silent majority are sitting back watching things being forced upon us no matter if we like it or not.
Somone once said “the one constant in life is change, get used to it”
Well, thats true to a point, but change for the sake of change is not good and we now have the idiots running the asylum in many cases.
At the moment we have a bunch of educated idiots running things, all full of great noble causes but no real solutions.
Easy to come up with grand ideas and theories hard to implement real solutions for them.
You pick any subject and you find twenty experts with all different expert views.
Unfortunately we now live in a world where the truth is the first casualty and
“alternative truth” exists, facts are confused with fiction and lies go unchallenged.
God help our kids trying to sort out some sort of moral compass in this brave new world !!
Old 19th June 2022, 00:44   #165
guru
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT, Rover Sterling, MG ZS EV & BMW X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by genpk View Post
A friend of mine is an electrician, reckons these 30amp fast charging stations being installed in homes are fires waiting to happen as the average house does not have the wiring capacity to take these.
Not sure what Aussie wiring is like but in the UK most houses have a 100amp supply now so 30 really isn't a problem. Plus we have pretty tight regulations on charger installations which means it doesn't add to the load on the rest of the house wiring but is cabled directly back to the incoming feed.
Old 19th June 2022, 07:47   #166
greendriver
This is my second home

MG ZTT 180 in Poseidon

Quote:
Absolutely. I enjoy driving my MG5 as much as I did the ZT-T. Less charisma, true but a better view of the road, a comfortable ride and it will beat most ZT's off the line too. Much easier to overtake those cyclists safely too.
Old 19th June 2022, 11:44   #167
KWIL
Precise

Rover 75 Tourer 2.5KV6 Connoisseur SE

Much easier to overtake those cyclists safely too.[/QUOTE]

That's because they cannot hear you coming and do not move over to obstruct you.
KWIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2022, 14:08   #168
genpk
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon MGZT

Quote:
Originally Posted by greendriver View Post
Absolutely. I enjoy driving my MG5 as much as I did the ZT-T. Less charisma, true but a better view of the road, a comfortable ride and it will beat most ZT's off the line too. Much easier to overtake those cyclists safely too.
I was listening to a guy who was living in china a few years ago, his comment was interesting, the chinese call ev cars “silent death” as so many cyclists and pedestrians have been injured of killed by them.
Not sure why we call foot paths a footpath anymore, we have electric scooters here all over the place , some doing 30kph or more on foot paths, already injured
and killed a few pedestrians who have not heard them coming !!
Old 19th June 2022, 18:50   #169
bl52krz
This is my second home

Rover 75 cdt club + Rover 2.5 KV6 Conni SE

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,729 Posts

Quote:
Nothing miserable about me Barry, just passing comment how I see the world with all the cancel culture going on. Unbridled idiocy and little thought for anyone else but themselves. Air heads, call them what you like.
Old 19th June 2022, 20:18   #170
Bazzateer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bl52krz View Post
Nothing miserable about me Barry, just passing comment how I see the world with all the cancel culture going on. Unbridled idiocy and little thought for anyone else but themselves. Air heads, call them what you like.
If I'd meant you, I would have quoted you.
Like you, I was just passing comment on how I see some of the doom mongers on here.