Roverless + 1.7D Sportage

Thanked 2,021 Times in 1,449 Posts

Many care homes are owned by doctors!
Old 29th April 2022, 16:10   #12
wraymond
I will find or make a way

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts

I confess I was under the impression that the removal of elderly patients to the so-called care homes was imposed on those homes. It all seemed rather rushed and, naturally, very few of us have the inside track on what actually went on between HMGOV and the ‘private’ sector. It might be useful to consider the number of care homes that have arms-reach connections to some serving senior NHS staff.

I do know that the NHS was in a panic situation and the severe limit on capacity had been a cause for alarm for some time. It seems that making way for the projected and expected huge numbers, following those terrifying TV promises of Armageddon, was the primary motivation for a panic situation.

Given the hindsight of subsequent events, it seems reasonable to assume there was an undignified and dangerous imperative to just do it and worry later. Perhaps, as ever, the decisions made by senior staff, those who never actually meet the public, are questionable - long after the event.
Old 29th April 2022, 16:52   #13
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by planenut View Post
So glad I have not been in a position to have to make decisions which may or may not have been wrong for some people.

Fred - are you admitting that you may not be an expert of everyone else's profession like most people tend to be on others' professions?
Old 3rd May 2022, 12:31   #14
torque2me
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wraymond View Post
I do know that the NHS was in a panic situation and the severe limit on capacity had been a cause for alarm for some time. It seems that making way for the projected and expected huge numbers, following those terrifying TV promises of Armageddon, was the primary motivation for a panic situation.

Given the hindsight of subsequent events, it seems reasonable to assume there was an undignified and dangerous imperative to just do it and worry later. Perhaps, as ever, the decisions made by senior staff, those who never actually meet the public, are questionable - long after the event.
Yes, the NHS was in panic mode. I wrote to my MP to say that NHS England would fail everyone. But what do I know! :-}

If my memory cell is still functioning, I believe that hospitals were still considered virus free and thus patients in them would therefore be virus free. Hence it would not be illogical to transfer them without quaranteen measures being undertaken. A very bad error in hindsight but I also warned my MP that asymptomatics would be the real area of concern.

However, some actions beggar belief and it was just the elderly, those with certain medical issues or the the elderly with medical issues need to be the one to shield at the very least (isolation issues would then arise I guess).

Easy to be critical after the event but the Boris overspent in many areas which may never be re-paid or the printed money never withdrawn.

Kev
torque2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2022, 12:53   #15
stocktake
Vis Whiz

Rover 75 2.5 auto Saloon

Thanked 3,056 Times in 1,621 Posts

At the time my wife was a Unit Manager at a private care home. St James Hospital in Leeds rang to advise a patient was on the way to be admitted to the home and it was very strongly suggested whilst the home manager could refuse, they would not be looked on favourably going forward with future referrals.
The home was certainly not ready equipment wise and we believe that as a direct result of this single admission C19 was introduced into the home. As a result 24 of the 38 residents lost their lives in a 6 week period.

Lost a few stones and a Gall Bladder and part of a bile duct and all of my dignity in the suppository incident

Last edited by stocktake; 3rd May 2022 at 15:23..
stocktake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2022, 13:35   #16
mileshawk56
Posted a thing or two

MGZT

Lots of money for many London based law firms, public money, yours and mine, and it wont bring any of the dead back. And no lessons to be learned because no one new what the lesson was. Chris.S.
mileshawk56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2022, 13:39   #17
Borg Warner
I really should get out more.......

None

Perhaps we should send the bill to Beijing.
Borg Warner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2022, 14:08   #18
Borg Warner
I really should get out more.......

None

https://news.sky.com/story/rishi-sun...ation-12530136
Borg Warner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2022, 15:16   #19
wraymond
I will find or make a way

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts

I'm afraid Rishi has been well and truly sussed, and by the people that matter. Or rather those that will matter at the next election. From leading the possible race 'tween him and BJ by some 60% he now trails by a wider margin. When you drop in the polls by that much beforehand it's a no-win state.