Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 24th November 2020, 16:00   #1
trebor
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDTi Connoisseur SE & MG ZT Saloon 190

Thanked 1,877 Times in 885 Posts
Default X Box Series X Impossible to get for Xmas

Well I need to have a moan to get it out of my system, I wanted to get my grandson the new Xbox Series X for Christmas which he has set his stall out for but there is no stock anywhere it seems

Its not the retailers fault that there is no stock as Microsoft manufacturing has been affected by Covid 19 so not as many made as would have been.

It is however the retailers fault that their websites are just not up to the job, and don't have enough bandwidth to meet the demands of customers.

Amazon was crashed by a surge recently after announcing they had stock which would be released at a specific time on a certain date, my daughter waited in a long queue to eventually get through and actually had the X Box in her basket 3 times and 3 times was kicked out again before she could enter her payment details and of course when retrying was told it was now out of stock

Curry's have also had issues as when they were supposed to release stock the other day ,they moved the release time around a few times and then had to call it a day and released none as planned.

So today was Curry's re launch, I had an e mail from them telling me it was at 12 o'clock today so there I was waiting with mouse in hand and kept looking at the site but no sign of any Xbox series X anywhere on their site around 12.

I then checked the internet to find out Curry's were now releasing at 1pm today instead of 12 so the plan was myself, my daughter and my son in law would all log on and try to get one, but we all had the same experience, waiting in a queue to be connected to the Curry's website but when we got through there was no X Box series X console to be seen on the site despite searching several times, and eventually up comes a picture of the X Box to say it was sold out ! So none of us ever had a chance to buy one.

I suspect some skullduggery here as if they are sold out how come the people who were successful didn't have the same experience that we had, what sort of IT equipment do they have that I haven't ?

The console sells for £445 yet there are lots on E Bay for auction selling for £700+ so the scalpers as they are called are managing to get hold of them and make big bucks, but how ?

I looked on Amazon the other day just on the off chance and they had no stock but linked me to another option where someone wanted £999 !!

I don't mind paying a bit over the odds but am not going to be held to ransom so looks like I am going to have a disappointed grandson on my hands

Robs Car Gallery

Coven near Wolverhampton WV9

2000 Cowley Built Rover 75 2.0 V6 Club SE/ Atlantic Blue/ Sandstone/Walnut (daily driver)
2003 Land Rover Freelander 1 TD4 HSE Helsinki Blue/Black Leather (swmbo daily driver)
trebor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2020, 16:11   #2
Bogbrush82
I really should get out more.......

BMW X3 2.0D

Found this one for £590 with an hour do go.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Microsoft...cAAOSw1QxfuGxU

It's utterly rediculous I know.
Old 24th November 2020, 19:55   #3
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

If people are silly or desperate enough to pay OTT prices then this sort of thing will continue. If those selling them now for OTT prices cant sell them and are left with them they will come down in price.

Annoying to see people profiteering but it is the way of the world

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2020, 20:28   #4
Alf Best
Avid contributor

MG-ZTT

Quote:
Originally Posted by macafee2 View Post
If people are silly or desperate enough to pay OTT prices then this sort of thing will continue. If those selling them now for OTT prices cant sell them and are left with them they will come down in price.

Annoying to see people profiteering but it is the way of the world

macafee2
I bought some DIY stuff at B&Q yesterday, it was obvious that the prices were artificially higher than normal, but as I couldn't be bothered to go elsewhere I bought anyway.

Top and bottom of it is simple, charge what you think the market will bear, and if people are prepared to pay over the top, that is what happens.

I won't be buying an Xbox of any description, so it won't affect me, however this is something that is repeated every year with the "must have toy/tool/car"**

Alf

** Delete where appropriate
Alf Best is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2020, 21:04   #5
Teflon
This is my second home

Lagoon 2.0 V6 75 Conn SE Saloon

Thanked 2,920 Times in 1,570 Posts

Looking at that link, I can see why they called it the X Box. The designers must have worked overtime to come up with such an innovative shape.

No. 4 of 6
Teflon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2020, 08:44   #6
sworks
Been absent for a while…

Rover 75 Tourer, Classic mini Cooper S, Abarth 595 competizione, MG TF and a Hyundai Tucson PHEV

Thanked 1,686 Times in 1,040 Posts

We were quite lucky that we got one on the day of launch. We’ve had issues in the past on launch day trying to buy on line so we pre ordered through our local Game store a few months ago. We paid a deposit then due to the second lock down we received an email to go and pay the remaining balance before the lockdown came into force and then just collected on launch day as no money could change hands. We’ve bought the last 3 new Xbox consoles as Christmas presents when they were released and this is the first launch day unit we have had. We found in previous years that the launch units go Very quickly and we got one from the second batch which is usually around the second week in December and the next in January. Hopefully more stock is released in the next few weeks but maybe worth looking in your local Game store or their website. Good luck and keep trying....

'Marmite' Possibly one of the most famous 75 tourers produced! left the production line as the last of only Three Rover 75 tourers produced in Trophy Yellow. 48 hours later Longbridge closed. The last sold ordered 75 Tourer. Paid for by the Phoenix Four and handed over by John Towers to the Warwickshire Northampton Air ambulance service as a Rapid Response vehicle
sworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2020, 16:21   #7
v-man
I really should get out more.......

Ford Fezza Poverty Spec & ?

The scalpers are using bots to make purchases now, the same thing happened when the Nvidia 3000 cards were launched recently.

The original line from Microsoft is that there would be no stock issues, but whether that was just marketing or they just miscalculated demand I don't know.

If you have any independent console or computer stores locally it may well be worth trying them. You may be able to get on a wait list with them.

Report potholes, flytipping, broken streetlights - www.fixmystreet.com

Find cheaper diesel/petrol - www.petrolprices.com
2001 Rover 45 1.8 Impression S owned for 15 years, now scrapped.
v-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2020, 16:53   #8
Rick-sta
This is my second home

MG ZT 2.0 CDTI+ in Typhoon, MG TF 135 in Typhoon & Rover 75 Connoisseur CDTI SE in Pearl Black

Thanked 2,827 Times in 1,462 Posts

I recommend getting the console after the new year. I'll be getting the ps5 at some point but have already said to Deanna to not get one for Christmas. One reason is the price may drop a tad and there won't be a mad rush to get one, but also main reason is allows some time for any faults, glitches or problems with the consoles to be found. I'll probably get the PS5 around March time.
How to restore cloudy projector headlights Link
Rick-sta is offline   Reply With Quote