Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The Chinese Cars - MG7 and Roewe 750 > NAC & SAIC
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 29th July 2023, 11:32   #81
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,565 Posts

The acceleration on this MG4 XPOWER is mind blowing , Chorley group took one to the Three Sisters Raceway in Wigan to let it loose.
The drag race starts at 12:20.

Blessed are the tea makers.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b...auto-2000_auto
Lancpudn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2023, 09:45   #82
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

MG have added a new extended range variant of the MG4 that can cover 323 miles on a charge. https://www.fleetnews.co.uk/news/man...ed-range-model

Old 23rd August 2023, 09:42   #83
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

That MG4 X-Power cant half go

Old 5th April 2024, 22:00   #84
edwardmk
Gets stuck in

MG ZT 260, Rover 75 Connie SE auto

Well we decided to go for a bland white MG 4 X Power since the green added over £700 to the price. Been about four months now. Since we're not road warriors, range isn't an issue. We've just used a 13a socket to charge overnight which for us is entirely adequate. The car sits higher than any of the ZT's, and that extra height gives improved access and visibility. The first time I accelerated hard on a clear road as an experiment was up a steep incline on a nice dual carriageway section. Took me by surprise I have to say. My phone departed it's wireless charging pad in the front and ended up on the back seat. Everything in the boot crashed into the tailgate. There was an unfamiliar rush of blood to the back of my head. Mental note made to be more careful in future.
I do like most things about this car, but I remember it being recommended by one pundit that the best one to buy was the 4 long range with the softer suspension. I can see what they were getting at! Don't consider the X power if you have a lot of potholes to negotiate!
However, the sound system is unexpectedly good. Blue tooth connection to an iPhone seems a little unstable at start up, but stable once paired. Keyless entry is a great feature. Keeping the keys in a metal box though.
The main thing I do dislike is the safety software labelled 'MG Pilot'. I first experienced front collision avoidance when I was carefully squeezing past a stationary bus. Without warning it just stopped dead. Talk about an adrenaline boost
I now take a minute to disable several safety features before moving off. Particularly annoying if not disabled in Cornwall is lane assistance which gives unexpected beeps and nudges to steering, especially on C roads and at roadworks. I know the designers meant well, but it's only any use on wider roads or a motorway.
Of course, if you park up and lock the car, on re-start, function disabling has to be repeated since the software reverts to default.
Range in winter was 180miles approx with heated seats and heated steering on and the heater running. Not an issue for us. Range is improving with the warmer weather. Quiet cabin at cruise.
Doors shut with a soft clunk. Actually the car is so well sealed the air pressure stops the last door closing sometimes, but the IP screen immediately notifies you.
Easiest car to drive park and manoevre I've ever owned. I can reverse up a 1 in 3 narrow drive very slowly and precisely aided by cameras and other electro trickery. No slipping burning clutch to contend with.
Nice in town to park and manoevre and no contribution to urban pollution when stuck in traffic is a nice bonus.
Glad to have a seven year warranty. Fault finding on this if it does go wrong will not be something to be taken lightly.

Before considering going electric, check insurance costs. NFU refused to insure us and most quotes were around £1k. Finally settled with Hastings direct for £550. NFU have informed me at renewal they would now insure me, but their quote was £900 just for the X Power alone. That amount is more than what I currently pay to insure two Rovers and a Vauxhall for the entire year. (NFU multicar ). May have to stick with Hastings after all!

Nevertheless, a thumbs up from us at the moment so far.
edwardmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2024, 22:54   #85
starbug2
This is my second home

Silver Rover 75 Tourer Club SE CDTI + MGF 1.8 in BRG

I'm looking at a mg 3 hybrid

now with 2020 MG ZS 1Lt TURBO engine with automatic 6 speed gearbox to help keep the 75 and MG F going as long as possible
starbug2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2024, 07:40   #86
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Quote:
Originally Posted by edwardmk View Post
Well we decided to go for a bland white MG 4 X Power since the green added over £700 to the price. Been about four months now. Since we're not road warriors, range isn't an issue. We've just used a 13a socket to charge overnight which for us is entirely adequate. The car sits higher than any of the ZT's, and that extra height gives improved access and visibility. The first time I accelerated hard on a clear road as an experiment was up a steep incline on a nice dual carriageway section. Took me by surprise I have to say. My phone departed it's wireless charging pad in the front and ended up on the back seat. Everything in the boot crashed into the tailgate. There was an unfamiliar rush of blood to the back of my head. Mental note made to be more careful in future.
I do like most things about this car, but I remember it being recommended by one pundit that the best one to buy was the 4 long range with the softer suspension. I can see what they were getting at! Don't consider the X power if you have a lot of potholes to negotiate!
However, the sound system is unexpectedly good. Blue tooth connection to an iPhone seems a little unstable at start up, but stable once paired. Keyless entry is a great feature. Keeping the keys in a metal box though.
The main thing I do dislike is the safety software labelled 'MG Pilot'. I first experienced front collision avoidance when I was carefully squeezing past a stationary bus. Without warning it just stopped dead. Talk about an adrenaline boost
I now take a minute to disable several safety features before moving off. Particularly annoying if not disabled in Cornwall is lane assistance which gives unexpected beeps and nudges to steering, especially on C roads and at roadworks. I know the designers meant well, but it's only any use on wider roads or a motorway.
Of course, if you park up and lock the car, on re-start, function disabling has to be repeated since the software reverts to default.
Range in winter was 180miles approx with heated seats and heated steering on and the heater running. Not an issue for us. Range is improving with the warmer weather. Quiet cabin at cruise.
Doors shut with a soft clunk. Actually the car is so well sealed the air pressure stops the last door closing sometimes, but the IP screen immediately notifies you.
Easiest car to drive park and manoevre I've ever owned. I can reverse up a 1 in 3 narrow drive very slowly and precisely aided by cameras and other electro trickery. No slipping burning clutch to contend with.
Nice in town to park and manoevre and no contribution to urban pollution when stuck in traffic is a nice bonus.
Glad to have a seven year warranty. Fault finding on this if it does go wrong will not be something to be taken lightly.

Before considering going electric, check insurance costs. NFU refused to insure us and most quotes were around £1k. Finally settled with Hastings direct for £550. NFU have informed me at renewal they would now insure me, but their quote was £900 just for the X Power alone. That amount is more than what I currently pay to insure two Rovers and a Vauxhall for the entire year. (NFU multicar ). May have to stick with Hastings after all!

Nevertheless, a thumbs up from us at the moment so far.

I can only imagine what the performance is like on the X-Power MG 4. The MG pilot on those narrow roads must get some getting used to especially if the line markings are not clearly defined. I've only encountered it a couple of times when the car thinks you're not going to stop & applies the brakes. My missus isn't a fan of it either. I read that a few people complain about the "notchy" steering around tight corners on B roads, I learned something in a video yesterday that might shed light as to why, The EU/UK have rules on autonomous driving called 'UNCE' (for FSD (full self driving) on Tesla's. I've tried to research it but can't find anything online) as to how much angle of steering can be applied autonomously. It makes me wonder if all EV's models with some form of autonomous driving are the same.

This guy in the video drives a Tesla model Y & explains it starting at the 11:20 mark.

Old 8th April 2024, 21:30   #87
edwardmk
Gets stuck in

MG ZT 260, Rover 75 Connie SE auto

That's interesting.
Despite watching that explanation, I'm still trying to work out what causes all the beeps and steering inputs. I disabled almost everything I thought was interfering today and still got steering inputs that I didn't need. I'll keep observing
edwardmk is offline   Reply With Quote