Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The Chinese Cars - MG7 and Roewe 750 > NAC & SAIC
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 14th November 2013, 16:57   #21
Banjo
Posted a thing or two

MG6 Magnette 1.8 Tci SE

mg.co.uk/files/2013-08-31/MG6-brochure.pdf

I thought that some of you may be interested to see the new MG6 brochure that they have just published. I think that this may go some way to refute the negative rumours that MG would be dropping the 6. In fact I have it on reliable authority that a facelift 6 will be available in late '14. This is roughly at the same time as the MG SUV will be launched.
Banjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2013, 19:07   #22
GT Courier
I really should get out more.......

Billy No Car

Leather option looks good as well, looks like a really nice car and you can fully spec it for sensible money, cant see why this car cant do well...

Sounds cheeky, but is anyone getting discounts on list prices?

Talking about MG3 above.
GT Courier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2013, 19:25   #23
tareim
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT+ 160 v6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan_G View Post
As requested (don't mind the rain!)

thats a nice touch
tareim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2013, 20:03   #24
AURORA MG
Banned

(EX)-ZT-T190SE in Aurora.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banjo View Post
mg.co.uk/files/2013-08-31/MG6-brochure.pdf

I thought that some of you may be interested to see the new MG6 brochure that they have just published. I think that this may go some way to refute the negative rumours that MG would be dropping the 6. In fact I have it on reliable authority that a facelift 6 will be available in late '14. This is roughly at the same time as the MG SUV will be launched.
I read an email a friend/customer got from MG last week. He asked about a launch date for the CS (suv) & was told no current UK launch date because they were focussing on the MG3 & MG6. Now I thaught there is nothing to do to the MG6 as it is stagnant, just sits there never changing which would imply a facelift is being worked on!
AURORA MG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2013, 20:06   #25
Banjo
Posted a thing or two

MG6 Magnette 1.8 Tci SE

The CS is likely to be launched here in about a year, from what I understand from someone who has a man on the 'inside'. I also saw a mock up of a new design for the MG5 in the Design Centre - looked nice, but I have no idea when that may appear.
Banjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2013, 20:13   #26
AURORA MG
Banned

(EX)-ZT-T190SE in Aurora.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banjo View Post
The CS is likely to be launched here in about a year, from what I understand from someone who has a man on the 'inside'. I also saw a mock up of a new design for the MG5 in the Design Centre - looked nice, but I have no idea when that may appear.
Well that is good then, perhaps the email I read (from Kieth Harris) maybe didn't want to spill any beans or get false hopes up. I really want to see the CS as if it comes towards the end of 2014 it may be on my list when I plan to change my RR Evoque in March 2015 though I doubt it will have the same quality feel unless they decide to use softer materials.
Though that said the Freelander replacement maybe there then too & possibly an Evoque revision though I recon that will be 2016.
Nearly ordered an MG3 but got wowed with the new Fiesta ST2 so ordered one lol.
AURORA MG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2013, 17:03   #27
psmith
Avid contributor

MG 3 style Lux, Rover 45 Cub SE

Just had a call and the estimated date for delivery is Mid-February. Lets hope the reason for delay is because their order books are full. With those lead times they may lose orders. I'm prepared to wait but it does seem a long time. Maybe the logistics are not setup fully yet or they just haven't built up stock yet.
I wonder how long Alan_G waited for his vehicle.

Last edited by psmith; 15th November 2013 at 17:16..
psmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2013, 17:29   #28
Alan_G
Posted a thing or two

MG3

Quote:
Originally Posted by psmith View Post
Just had a call and the estimated date for delivery is Mid-February. Lets hope the reason for delay is because their order books are full. With those lead times they may lose orders. I'm prepared to wait but it does seem a long time. Maybe the logistics are not setup fully yet or they just haven't built up stock yet.
I wonder how long Alan_G waited for his vehicle.
I waited 6 weeks but I was in the first 10 orders. A chap who runs an MG dealership and posts on .org posted "there are 400 cars allocated for this year and around 320 have already been sold! If you're looking at ordering a MG3, then get in quick or you might have to wait!".

He also said "Think there's been lots of demand for Newton Black, White on the Tiles and Red Rose, which means those colours aren't easy to get right now."

I think perhaps MG took an over cautious approach with regards to stock based on the 6.
Alan_G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2013, 17:47   #29
psmith
Avid contributor

MG 3 style Lux, Rover 45 Cub SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan_G View Post
I waited 6 weeks but I was in the first 10 orders. A chap who runs an MG dealership and posts on .org posted "there are 400 cars allocated for this year and around 320 have already been sold! If you're looking at ordering a MG3, then get in quick or you might have to wait!".

He also said "Think there's been lots of demand for Newton Black, White on the Tiles and Red Rose, which means those colours aren't easy to get right now."

I think perhaps MG took an over cautious approach with regards to stock based on the 6.
I wonder how many vehicles a week Longbridge is geared up to be able to trim. Lets hope that's it just initial teething troubles as its critical to get as many cars as possible out on the road for visibility to increase sales when the vehicle is first released. Its obviously on a much smaller scale but I remember when the mini first came out and they couldn't make enough vehicles for the demand, the second hand vehicles were fetching as much as the new. Time for MG to have plan B me thinks.
Has anyone seen the adverts on the TV yet. Ive seen them on the MG website but haven't been lucky enough to see them on the tv.
I'm still looking forward to picking it up and at least I'm in the queue to get one. In the meantime I'm sure the 75 will keep me busy and the time will fly in no time

Last edited by psmith; 15th November 2013 at 21:04..
psmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2013, 17:45   #30
ProfDave
This is my second home

ZTT, Contemp Saloon, Duotone Tourer

an allocation of 400 in a year is hardly mass production; hope there are more than that in time. Looks a nice good value motor but needs to be doing thousands or tens of thousands not hundreds....
ProfDave is offline   Reply With Quote