Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 11th September 2012, 07:10   #11
Phil-T4
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT-T, Rover 75 Tourer

Thanked 1,088 Times in 657 Posts

Thats good to hear
Phil-T4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2012, 13:40   #12
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

Well a little update on this one, Phil's car now has Lampwash & BBUS enabled, xenons enabled etc.
The non communication issue was identified as a defective connection in the diagnostic socket, and now talks using T4 and DST0006V
Sadly the powerwash isn't working yet, and having looked at a very early passenger compartment fusebox diagram, the Powerwash relay isn't present
Relays are as follows
1 reverse lamp relay (automatics only)
2 Horn Relay
3 Not Used, could this be the one ?
4 Fuel pump relay
5 Fuel pump relay M47R only.
The LSM which Seancar fitted is now coded to the car, YWC200, so the self levelling at least should now operate correctly.
Any further suggestions on a postcard please.
Brian
marinabrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2012, 18:05   #13
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Thanks Brian for doing a summary on the work carried out which you did so diligently.

The drive back to London was a breeze and leisurely. About 5 and half hours from your place to mine mostly with CC on and not a whisper of any problems from it. Many thanks for sorting it out.

I swapped over the relay from the reversing lights and tried it in R3 and R2 as both were missing. No luck so maybe it is the pump after all.

I am having the washer system checked out and will know more about that as I go.

I called into an MOT testing station this afternoon and asked them about the powered headlamp washers. They told me they would not be included in the new test. I will press on and get them working regardless. I rechecked the date and have a few weeks to get things sorted out. LJW is booked for the test early next week. Hmmm

I do not want to embarrass you any further but will say I am grateful for your hard work you put in and for the many cups of char and biscuits had - for entertaining Mrs. Gate Keeper too despite you having had a rotten day.

You did not fall at the first hurdle or the second or the third and so on. You saw it through to the end, clearing your appointments to do the job was such a treat. Ultimately you proved your worth No.1 man!

I was amazed to see how much technology you have at hand. Thanks very much
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2012, 18:12   #14
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Here is a snap shot of one the problems encountered on T4

The VIS motors
Attached Images
File Type: jpg VIS Pic.JPG (109.9 KB, 10 views)
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2012, 18:30   #15
Canonite
This is my second home

BMW 330d Tourer, MG ZT 180 SE XPG, VW Polo 6R 1.2 TDI Bluemotion

I had a similar thing to the OP, but not with cruise....whereby above a certain speed the Traction Control light would come on and the speed would drop quite a lot. Bit of a pain when trying to get up to speed down a motorway sliproad.
When I read in to the TC system and more about the hall effect sensors I discovered I had different profiles of tyre on the front and rear wheels, causing it to give different readings above certain speeds and causing the TC to kick in to keep all four wheels moving at the same rate.

Glad you got it sorted and it was nice to speak with you at the National, however brief.
Canonite is offline   Reply With Quote