Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 4th September 2012, 21:27   #11
denis
Gets stuck in

2004 MG-ZT CDTi 135 Saloon in TROPHY YELLOW + Synergy Two-wow and an Aussy import RAV 4 2.4L

Just as a point of note. I wanted to salvage the small bush intact and keep it as a spare as it looked OK. No need to destroy it on removal!

If you study the small bush you will see that the rubber shoulder at one end is thinner than the other end. Bridge the aluminium tie frame across the jaws of a vice just opened wide enough for the bush to pass through but with the tie frame opening resting on the jaws - and with the thin rubber shoulder end upward.

Get a large screwdriver or similar where the blade tip fits into the central steel sleeve but stops at the shoulder. Hold the driver vertical and hit the top of the screwdriver with a mallet or hide hammer. This will force the bush out down through the vice jaws without damaging it.

Of course if the bush is already shot then no need to trouble with this but even if it's already knackered it's still an easy way to get the old bush out.

Last edited by denis; 4th September 2012 at 21:30..
denis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2012, 06:35   #12
kraanc
Loves to post

MG ZT-T 190 2.5 V6 2003 manual

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryM1BYT View Post
The yellow one is for petrol the red for diesel. The diesel one is much stiffer, to cope with the more torqy diesel engine and it vibration.
Yes, this one is wrong. Red - diesel bushes are softer, because diesels vibrate more. I compared the bushes on hand before buying mine. I was also worried about vibration before, but not anymore.
For my V6 i fittet big yellow one (didn't need to change small one), and no vibration issue. Go for it.
kraanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2012, 09:41   #13
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by denis View Post
I changed to Powerflexes on the lower tie about three weeks back and the car is better for it. No longer get a small kick on start up and better on low rev gear changes. Feels nice and solid.
Not sure on Harry's view about the diesel red bush being harder. I was told by Gammons (who I bought the bushes from) that it was the other way around in that the yellow bushes were found to be too hard for the diesel and allowed more vibration to be transmitted into the car which is why Powerflex made the red version for the diesel.
I changed the small bush at the same time (also red). On inspection I found little wrong with the original but with the tie off the car it seemed folly not to change both and neither are difficult to replace.
Don't forget to torque tighten the bolts.
Believe me, the reds are stiffer as they are supposed to be. I have compared the two and Gammons are wrong. The stiffer red bush was developed after the yellow one, because the yellow one was found to allow too much movement due to the diesels extra low down torque.

Jules did a stiffness comparison between the OEM diesel and petrol bushes a couple of so years ago and posted the photos on the forum.

The Mondeo version of the bush, uses the same stiffness of bush for both petrol and diesel versions.

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...40#post1764540

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
HarryM1BYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2012, 14:28   #14
Simon.h
This is my second home

Previously owned- MG ZT V6 160 Y plate Lpg, MG ZT 190 2003 In Rare Celestial Factory Ordered Lpg MG

Cheers everyone on this, I checked my with the bonnet open, engine running, handbrake on and taking up drive and i could see the engine rock about 30mm. So its a yellow one for me then.
MG ZT 190 2004 lpg
Simon.h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2012, 10:21   #15
kraanc
Loves to post

MG ZT-T 190 2.5 V6 2003 manual

As Denis and i said - yellow harder, Red - softer.
To be clear, i asked manufacturer, and the answer is:
Hi Aivis
The PFF63-610 is made from our softest material and the PFF63-609 is made from a slightly harder material
The PFF63-610 is only recommended for use on diesel cars
I hope this helps
Kind Regards
Lauren Chambers ~ Sales Assistant
EPTG Ltd
POWERFLEX

So guys, don't think too much, just trust the manufacturer on this
kraanc is offline   Reply With Quote