Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 30th June 2020, 22:08   #1
alphaeagle
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Saloon CDTi, MG ZT CDTi

Default Electrical issues

So on Saturday I collected my latest car...it's a 2004 MG ZT Cdti,,,

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

I checked her over and she had no issues bar the drivers door not unlocking with the remote...The guy did a lot of work on her and it was a lovely drive home again no issues. She had also passed her NCT the day before.
any how.....there was a line down the screen of the hi-line, so I replaced the display unit with a spare one that I had, everything was fine the sat nav worked and the screen was clearer....

Later that afternoon it started raining and shortly after my car alarm kept going off even after turning it off......
My windscreen wipers would come on and the radio would start playing music.... even when it was turned off.......The display was like a badly tuned tv station.
So today I looked in the boot as I had found some dampness, around the radio, I have dried up the area around the radio, but now the boot is showing as opened even though its closed, the AC unit is showing an ER message on the display. The radio wont turn on, the indicators are working but not showing on the IPK when I turn them on neither is the headlight blue icon showing. The car does not lock now with the remote either. I have noticed that the power icon is staying on the GPS system all the time. Could there be damage on the GPS/Radio and this is causing shorts on the car.
I Have turned the radio upside down in the boot as to keep the connector away from the dampness that was below.
The car is starting and driving without any issues….Can anyone help me on this….as I am also unable to set the alarm on the car…..

[IMG][/IMG]

I texted the guy and he admitted that he was aware of the issues and you need to let the car dry out for a couple off days...SOAB....

Rover 75 CDTi Copperleaf

Today is just yesterdays tomorrow.....
alphaeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2020, 22:17   #2
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphaeagle View Post
So on Saturday I collected my latest car...it's a 2004 MG ZT Cdti,,,

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

I checked her over and she had no issues bar the drivers door not unlocking with the remote...The guy did a lot of work on her and it was a lovely drive home again no issues. She had also passed her NCT the day before.
any how.....there was a line down the screen of the hi-line, so I replaced the display unit with a spare one that I had, everything was fine the sat nav worked and the screen was clearer....

Later that afternoon it started raining and shortly after my car alarm kept going off even after turning it off......
My windscreen wipers would come on and the radio would start playing music.... even when it was turned off.......The display was like a badly tuned tv station.
So today I looked in the boot as I had found some dampness, around the radio, I have dried up the area around the radio, but now the boot is showing as opened even though its closed, the AC unit is showing an ER message on the display. The radio wont turn on, the indicators are working but not showing on the IPK when I turn them on neither is the headlight blue icon showing. The car does not lock now with the remote either. I have noticed that the power icon is staying on the GPS system all the time. Could there be damage on the GPS/Radio and this is causing shorts on the car.
I Have turned the radio upside down in the boot as to keep the connector away from the dampness that was below.
The car is starting and driving without any issues….Can anyone help me on this….as I am also unable to set the alarm on the car…..

[IMG][/IMG]

I texted the guy and he admitted that he was aware of the issues and you need to let the car dry out for a couple off days...SOAB....
Disconnect the highline nav, one unit at a time to localise which part is causing the K-Bus fault

Brian
marinabrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2020, 21:00   #3
alphaeagle
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Saloon CDTi, MG ZT CDTi

So today I finally got to have a look at the Hi-line kit in the boot......

I checked the GPS as the system would not power off........

and after feeling behind the unit, I noticed it felt a bit wet...

I then unmounted the GPS unit and you can see the rust and moisture in the red connection.....

[IMG][/IMG]

I opened up the radio and found this on the motherboard....

[IMG][/IMG]

I have cleaned up the board with some ipa......

I will put the GPS unit back tomorrow to see how it goes....

Rover 75 CDTi Copperleaf

Today is just yesterdays tomorrow.....
alphaeagle is offline   Reply With Quote