Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Events and Meets > Regional Events Forum: The South East
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 27th June 2020, 08:19   #1
BRG75
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer, 9th & 10th Rovers

Default 2020 - Post Restrictions

I mentioned a little while ago about a picnic based event, on private land.
Nothing came of this, because of toilet arrangements.

At the time, the legality was uncertain, but looking possible, just.
In hindsight, I don't think that it would have been legal.

I then started to look at Council owned leisure parks etc. but whilst some were starting to open, their toilet facilities weren't.

That stumbling block has now largely gone.
I believe that 2 households without social distance, can now meet, indoors; whilst unlimited households can meet outdoors, if a 6' 6" safety margin is maintained.

If, after 4th July, pubdependance day (plus something going on in the States) we can organise anything, we will do so.

Of course, the weather will be a gamble, but showerproof gazebos will help, plus guarantee the air gap.

Mike & Jan

Previously
2002 75 1.8 auto Club SE,
2000 75 1.8 auto Classic SE (Company Car)
1997 420 (Company Car)
1996 216 cabriolet,
198? 213 VDP
1986 SD1 V8 VDP,
1968 2000TC,
1966 2000.

Last edited by BRG75; 27th June 2020 at 08:24..
BRG75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2020, 17:10   #2
Raven Black
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 saloon

Default Meet

Surely with restaurants etc opening we can have a meet
Soon somewhere, but it is difficult even outdoors without access to, ahem, facilities.
In any case this thing has largely gone from most areas.
Old 28th June 2020, 17:41   #3
Number 6
This is my second home

Rover 75 tourer Club CD/Limo Tints

Thanked 1,609 Times in 869 Posts

Probably stirring the pot here,

But when you get thousands of people crowding on to beaches in an uncontrolled mass, And uncontrolled Protester's causing mayhem in the streets Are the councils and police going to bother about a dozen cars and drivers having a small get together? But then again they more than likely would as they would be seen as an easy target.

"I started out with nothing, and Ive still got most of it left!"
Number 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2020, 18:50   #4
coolguy
Coolguy

Rover 75 CDT Tourer Auto, Rover 75 2.0 Connoisseur Auto, MG ZT 2.5 Auto and MG ZT Cdti Auto (Monogra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jnorris View Post
In any case this thing has largely gone from most areas.
Still over 100 deaths a day says otherwise!
coolguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2020, 19:52   #5
Number 6
This is my second home

Rover 75 tourer Club CD/Limo Tints

Thanked 1,609 Times in 869 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolguy View Post
Still over 100 deaths a day says otherwise!
I will be honest with you, I do not believe the quoted figures.

I know of several instances where people have died from things other than Covid-19 But on the death certificate it was stated "Cause of Death Covid-19".

One death was cirrhosis of the liver but still put down as Covid-19

Also If there are all these deaths where are all the bodies stored and where are all the funerals?.

Think about it.

?

"I started out with nothing, and Ive still got most of it left!"
Number 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2020, 20:01   #6
Raven Black
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 saloon

Default This thing

Far more die each day from all the diseases left untreated because of this, it's been unbelievable how much this has been overblown, world's gone mad.
Old 29th June 2020, 03:15   #7
Robson Rover Repair
NI/ROI RS

ZT-T 190 / 75 Diesel x3 / 6 door limo / 216 Cabby / Rover 25 van

Thanked 1,046 Times in 568 Posts

I'm working front line in care homes and in a covid 19 centre here in Northern Ireland. I'm also working for a pharmaceutical company.

I can tell you when your watching elderly people die of acute and untreatable respritory failure, seing it first hand it might change your mind. I've also lost colleagues who where exposed early front line before protection / detection methods where half as regular.

Covid 19 is no joke.

The government is only opening the country up to stop it going bankrupt. If you don't understand why any victim is being recorded as Covid 19 if they attend hospital, pass away (say heart failure) but test positive for covid 19 it's quite simple.

If it's suspected that covid 19 has contributed in any form to the passing of the patient then its recorded as such. Why? OK look at it like this. Death certificates have immediate primary cause of death on it, as well as secondary factors.

Put simply, if there is any doubt at all that there was anything that contributed towards the passing, in the United Kingdom a certificate of death must have all the listed details, not only to stop malpractice suits against those who provided treatment but additionally as required by insurance companies who love to wiggle out of payments any way possible.

Covid has not caused these examples of deaths outright, however the treatment in place it will be a secondary factor and be listed as such as a contribution to the passing. However there are those who have purely died from the covid 19 infection as primary cause of death.

The opposite side of that would be someone who does from a car crash and bleed out. The primary recording of death there would be losses of blood / hemeraging to death with the car crash incident actually being a secondary cause.

Where the confusion lies is that a contributing factor is publicly recorded as a cause of death alongside the primary factor in the United Kingdom, Ireland and European Union as required for their annual cause of death statistics. Yes, good old eu strikes again.

Additionally no gp is going to go against recording that covid 19 wasn't a contribution in someone's death of they pass away having tested positive for it, in the same form that hiv, aids, even the common flu would be recorded as a secondary cause. They would loose their medical lisence, and additionally then they must take precautions to protect further contamination to themselves or other family members of the bereived.

Its not a con, its just that everyone is focusing (and being fed misinformation from media outlets) that it's the only cause of deaths when it's either a contribution or the main cause. And that's the danger the public arnt being effectively shown.

Simple fact, wave 2 is coming. If wave 2 has any strain of mutation then frankly we are in serious trouble. Look at the Spanish flu after World War 1. Killed more people globally than the war itself.

Last edited by Robson Rover Repair; 29th June 2020 at 04:02..
Robson Rover Repair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2020, 04:01   #8
Les4048
This is my second home

Rover 75 Tourer/ MG ZT-T 400

Thanked 1,523 Times in 869 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jnorris View Post
Far more die each day from all the diseases left untreated because of this, it's been unbelievable how much this has been overblown, world's gone mad.
My girlfriend had it and nearly died from it, she had to be monitored 24/7 for three days and seeing as she stays at the other end of the country I can’t see her. Forty seven people in one day died at the hospital she was in so it’s no joke and people like you really annoy her and me also. You try sitting watching someone trying to breath and can’t get any breath and you may change your mind about it being overblown, it’s real and that’s why the idiots who flout lock down rules should be prosecuted
Les4048 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2020, 09:08   #9
BRG75
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer, 9th & 10th Rovers

Colin & Les,
Thank you for your comments, and I doubt if many people would disagree with the details provided.

Personally, I certainly don't underestimate the potential seriousness of a highly contagious disease, which quite clearly targets it's victims breathing capacity.

I also agree with the likelihood of a second wave. Hopefully re-erecting the Nightingale Hospitals, together with the medical professions increased understanding of the disease, will help.

However, we can't just roll over and wait; business, education and recreation simply must go on, or yes bankruptcy would be around the corner.

Again, personally, I think that the government, albeit with a (very) slow start, are getting the balance right, between "life" as we knew it, and "life" protection.

Our son (late 40's) almost certainly caught the bug, around March. He very nearly took himself to the medics, but did slowly recover, with respiratory problems lasting a further 6 weeks or so.

I believe that I also caught it, at a hospital knee replacement clinic, in February. Most of the commonly reported symptoms, now long gone, except breathlessness. Still get this 5 months on.

I only mention the above, to suggest that there are degrees of severity, and that an Italian Doctor believes that he is seeing the severity decreasing.

We should be ready for a second wave, hopefully not mutated, but we can't hide away from it.

I think that now it might be advisable to ask a moderator to split these two topics, South East Events & Corona 19, into separate headings, so that both can get an equal airing.

I will do this separately.

Regards

Mike

Previously
2002 75 1.8 auto Club SE,
2000 75 1.8 auto Classic SE (Company Car)
1997 420 (Company Car)
1996 216 cabriolet,
198? 213 VDP
1986 SD1 V8 VDP,
1968 2000TC,
1966 2000.
BRG75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2020, 12:10   #10
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool

Please stay on the topic posted up by the OP, and not wander off course. Otherwise this thread will end up being political.

And we all know how it will end.

232750. Over 3 months since I drove Banana.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote