Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 22nd March 2012, 07:52   #11
Rev Jules
This is my second home

Rover 75 Tourer+

Thanked 3,929 Times in 2,051 Posts
Default wheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryM1BYT View Post
Then assuming you are in a reasonable reception area it should be working. Assuming your installer has reused the OEM pair of antennas in the rear window, how has he got them to connect to the receiver?
Hi Harry.
He used the pair of aerials that came with the unit installed one at the near side top of the screen in the dark zone and one in the offside rear at the top of the rear window, once again in the dark zone out of site.

Julien
Rev Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2012, 10:53   #12
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by julienhoulton View Post
Hi Harry.
He used the pair of aerials that came with the unit installed one at the near side top of the screen in the dark zone and one in the offside rear at the top of the rear window, once again in the dark zone out of site.

Julien
I'm at a loss then.

So the only things left, is either a poor signal area or a faulty DVB-T box?

You confirmed that you were definately seeing the DVB-T boxes menu system and you could scroll through it, change settings and have it scan for digital channels.

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...40#post1764540

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
HarryM1BYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2012, 11:00   #13
Rev Jules
This is my second home

Rover 75 Tourer+

Default sterring wheel

Quote:
I'm at a loss then.

So the only things left, is either a poor signal area or a faulty DVB-T box?

You confirmed that you were definately seeing the DVB-T boxes menu system and you could scroll through it, change settings and have it scan for digital channels.
Yes I did.!!
Like I said before it was working perfectly when He brought it back to me
I took it to work the following day went to try it out at lunchtime and nothing but the installation guide screen the only other thing that did not work were the controls for the radio, but as I have said I can live with that.

Julien
Old 22nd March 2012, 14:09   #14
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Quote:
Yes I did.!!
Like I said before it was working perfectly when He brought it back to me
I took it to work the following day went to try it out at lunchtime and nothing but the installation guide screen the only other thing that did not work were the controls for the radio, but as I have said I can live with that.

Julien
Right, I wasn't aware that you had had it working once. I wonder if it might have crashed or something? Have you tried powering it down and back up?

If it is permanently powered up, then it shouldn't be - it will flatten your battery. It should be powered from the ignition key switched 12v.

It is easy to check if it is powered all the time, because if you leave the DD on the TV screen, then switch the ignition off then back on - you should see the screen from the DVB-T unit which it shows whilst booting up. DVB-T takes quite a bit longer to boot itself up, than the DD does.

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

Old 22nd March 2012, 14:19   #15
Rev Jules
This is my second home

Rover 75 Tourer+

Default steering wheel

Quote:
Right, I wasn't aware that you had had it working once. I wonder if it might have crashed or something? Have you tried powering it down and back up?

If it is permanently powered up, then it shouldn't be - it will flatten your battery. It should be powered from the ignition key switched 12v.

It is easy to check if it is powered all the time, because if you leave the DD on the TV screen, then switch the ignition off then back on - you should see the screen from the DVB-T unit which it shows whilst booting up. DVB-T takes quite a bit longer to boot itself up, than the DD does.
The unit turns off when I turn the ignition off. when I go to AUX I have to turn the TV side on by a remote controller. and off again.
So it is not powered up all the time.

Hope this helps!!!
Julien
Old 22nd March 2012, 14:26   #16
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

Quote:
The unit turns off when I turn the ignition off. when I go to AUX I have to turn the TV side on by a remote controller. and off again.
So it is not powered up all the time.

Hope this helps!!!
Julien
..Not really, I am at a complete loss as to what I should suggest next, other than getting your installer back to it.

Old 22nd March 2012, 18:03   #17
Rev Jules
This is my second home

Rover 75 Tourer+

Default stee wheel

Quote:
..Not really, I am at a complete loss as to what I should suggest next, other than getting your installer back to it.
Harry I have tried to take some pictures not very good, but give some sort of idea.
Julien
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 007.jpg (135.4 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg 003.jpg (131.4 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg 004.jpg (138.0 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg 009.jpg (128.8 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg 006.jpg (141.4 KB, 10 views)
Old 22nd March 2012, 18:23   #18
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

That looks identical to mine, except for the lack of channels.

I did note one difference which rather puzzles me, you said - 'The unit turns off when I turn the ignition off. when I go to AUX I have to turn the TV side on by a remote controller. and off again.
So it is not powered up all the time.'

That sounds to me, very much as if you are just putting it into standby, rather than powering it down and rebooting it - I suspect it might be powered from a permanent 12v....

If I turn the ignition off on mine, the TV does not need the remotes power button to be pressed to turn the TV back on, it is already on and in the process of booting itself up as soon as the DD's display begins to work.

I never need to turn it on or off using the remote, it definately goes off with the ignition. So could I suggest you pull the power plug out of the rear of the DVB-T, leave it out for a couple of minutes, before reinserting it - just to make absolutely sure it reboots properly?

The power just plugs in and from memory it might be a multiway plug.

Last edited by HarryM1BYT; 22nd March 2012 at 18:27..
Old 22nd March 2012, 19:33   #19
Rev Jules
This is my second home

Rover 75 Tourer+

Default steering wheel

Quote:
That looks identical to mine, except for the lack of channels.

I did note one difference which rather puzzles me, you said - 'The unit turns off when I turn the ignition off. when I go to AUX I have to turn the TV side on by a remote controller. and off again.
So it is not powered up all the time.'

That sounds to me, very much as if you are just putting it into standby, rather than powering it down and rebooting it - I suspect it might be powered from a permanent 12v....

If I turn the ignition off on mine, the TV does not need the remotes power button to be pressed to turn the TV back on, it is already on and in the process of booting itself up as soon as the DD's display begins to work.

I never need to turn it on or off using the remote, it definately goes off with the ignition. So could I suggest you pull the power plug out of the rear of the DVB-T, leave it out for a couple of minutes, before reinserting it - just to make absolutely sure it reboots properly?

The power just plugs in and from memory it might be a multiway plug.
Does that mean I have to take it out of the dash I probably already know the answer to that.
Julien
Old 22nd March 2012, 20:28   #20
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

Quote:
Does that mean I have to take it out of the dash I probably already know the answer to that.
Julien
Either that, or disconnect the car battery, or a bit easier - in the engine compartment fuse panel remove the black bodied 50amp fuse link in the middle held down by phillips screws...

FL #3 is the one.

Last edited by HarryM1BYT; 22nd March 2012 at 20:43..